Nerves 2....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nerves 2....

I am sooo sorry....I am in such a state....this B***************************** tummy bug thing.... WHY do they keep going on about it....it's all over the papers/news and now a friend has been telling me that people are asking each other whether or not they are ill and that 10,000 people a day are succumbing to it.....

I can't stop shaking...I can't breathe...do I take my one Valium?

I HATE this b**** thing. It has wrecked my life.....

I knew this terror would 'hit' eventually and I haven't done it without booze.....

I don't WANT booze.... but I just don't know how to handle it....

One time, you see, I let myself think, "Well if I get it, I get it..." and I got it..............so now I daren't do anything other than a mantra of "I will NOT get it...." and I am tired of it taking over my brain.....it's like an annoying toddler pulling at my sleeve.....and I've tried reassuring it, talking to it and kicking it to the end of the Universe....but it wont go away!

I'm sorry....I'm falling apart here.....

I AM SO SCAREd...........

I'm trying to breathe.....really I am.....
    :heart: c: :heart:
    "Be patient and gentle with yourself - the magic is in you."

Nerves 2....

WHat if my kids get it? I'll pass out....I can't bear it... They're all out there in cinemas and jobs with loads of young ones - who are all getting it they say...

Comment

Nerves 2....

Finding:
      I don't know if I can be any help. am not in UK but did see a story about this on BBC .. all I can tell you is the media, which I used to be part of, like these stories .. they are great soundbites for nightly news ... then the flames are fanned and they make people more and more upset ... not trying to put you down for your fears, only saying your chances of getting this are probably not that great. try for calm .. :l
      :boxer: Get the hell out of my house, Al, you worthless bastard!!

Comment

Nerves 2....

Feet, I had a friend with exactly the same phobia .......

Do you want to talk????

If you say yes, then I will PM my phone number, I am free tonight and will happily talk on the phone ..........
        sigpicXXX

Comment

Nerves 2....

Finding ... You're in a panic ... can you go into Chat for a while? I see there's heaps of people logged on who might be able to talk you through this ...

Comment

Nerves 2....

Thanks Dexterhead....do you think it's the sort of story that, if something real happened, would get forgotten about immediately....as in this isn't real enough? Or is it big and seriosu anough to stay up in the headlines?

Betty - thanks....I might....how does your friend cope?

Tawny - thanks...might be a bit quick for me but...I have neveru sed new chat; only just downloads Java...

This is so b***** daft; my mind is saying it's going to be ok. No one's going to die. I'll handle it. I can call a firend if it's truly beyond me. Not edveryone gets it. Just keep on as if you never heard aobut it... and yet the same mind is shouting and screaming and panicking - and I can't hear what it's saying....it's just running aorud madly flailing its arms.... it's so scared of osmething anda I don't know hwat it is....

I feel so stupid. I'm sorry.... I think I ought ot go on the %$*&?@~= thread!!!

$&%?&%&?&%&^&$?$&?&&%?&$&^&?%&%?&^%1 !!!!

Comment

Nerves 2....

I haven't been as bad as this for years and years.....maybe drink did help after all....but, I have no intention/desire to drink now. Don't worry..... I want to get to the bottom of this. I don't want it any more. SO why doesn't it go away?

Comment

Nerves 2....

FMS,
                Hi... this must feel awful for you.. post and get this out of your system.

A panic attack is not dangerous, but it can be terrifying, largely because it feels 'crazy' and 'out of control.' It does not last forever. Post. Phone someone. You are not mad.

You will get to the bottom of this, but use your strength to get through it right now. You are in the process of finding yourself. You have found enough of yourself to do this.

Brigid

Comment

Nerves 2....

Finding.....perhaps the time to sort out the basis for this fear is not now! When this 'crisis' has passed would be better, I think :l

I hope this won't sound stupid but you could try the AND? strategy. You ask yourself what you think might happen and then answer yourself AND? and then question further....until you realise that whatever it is will pass and, other than death (tricky, obviously!), you will survive it!

For example....
                  You: I'm afraid the germs will get into my house
                  Other you: And?
                  You: Then I will get d & v
                  Other you; And?
                  You: It will be horrible
                  You: I'm scared of it
                  You: I might be sick in the night and what then?
                  Other you: You'll clear it up and get back into bed. And?
                  You: I won't be able to go to work
                  Other you: Ring in sick. Go back to bed. ANd?
                  You: It will take days to get better.
                  Other you: But you will get better. And?

Get the picture? You just keep on questioning yourself until you have actually told yourself all the coping strategies and none of them ended in disaster and in the end you would get better.

A friend of mine with severe depression and panic attacks told me about this, and I find it helpful if I am panicky about something. I probably haven't explained it very well...but hope it might help you.

Sending you calming thoughts

Suze x
                  Just hand me the chocolate and.........I'll consider my position. My solicitor has advised me to say no more than that.

Comment

Nerves 2....

Thank you so much guys.......feeling a bit calmer just now.....a few gaps in the waves anyway!

Suze - thanks.....it;s a great idea....tried it but a bit much tonight...but I will try it tomorrow when calmer as I think it will be very useful.... A girlfriend tried an amzing thing with me some years ago.....she pretended to be fomr Planet Zog and asked me to explain exactly what this action of chucking up was...right down to going into the loo and explaining....almost showing! It was absolutely terrifying but about the closest one can get to aversion therapy! And I guess it must have, along with all the other things tried, have got me to a point of being able to post here about it.....I wouldn't have been able to type 10% of the words I have used here in the last few days.....so, just maybe, by the time I am 90 (Dog willing) I might be ok!!!! LOL.

I have just succumbed to the half valium.....2.5mg. A conscious, thought out carefully decision. Although I feel better I know this of old - I will sleep but wake with a jolt every few minutes wondering! I used to take one immediately (10mg) and a large port & brandy - or several..... Now its just the 2.5mg after trying trust (!) and absolutely no P&B - or anything!!! ....progress n'est ce pas?!?!?! Is that ok? I used to reckon to learn what I could from each episode but not go for a medal of breaking my jaw from gritting my teeth.....and then take help. That was until the dose plus booze got stupid! And I haevn't had/needed anything for 8 months....wow, I guess that's really good really isn't it?

So, hopefully, hopefully hopefully all will be well and another crisis will pass...and one day I will be given the chance to deal with the actuality without all this pre-amble which I am so scared will anchor it in even more if it happened after feeling as scaredas this..... does that make any sense?

I can't thank you enough for your patience and ear.....and my diabolical typing! Um,need to look at the mega rambles of today....something was up before...maybe made me more sensitive? Hey ho! Life's rich tapestry eh?!

But, hey, wow.....I never, never thought I would survive one of these episodes without my Rescue Remedy (the port and brandy - a known stomach settler) AND I DID! MWO rocks!

You bods are just the best....! I can't find the words....

Love FMS xx

PS Did you see Choclytyes thread? MWO is truly incredible - as is the universe and all that's big - God, Spirit, angels: whatever you neleive in or not.....for that to arrive when it did! So, with you guys and that......blessed I am.

Comment

Nerves 2....

Sorry I didn't see this sooner! I'm glad you've calmed. As I've been having major anxiety I can relate somewhat. Then, to help me further understand what you're going through I imagined being faced with my own phobia - cockroaches (ick hard to type the word even).

What if on the news they said that my town was being invaded by cockroaches - that there would be so many they'd be in every building within days, nobody could avoid them.... etc.
                      Well darlin, that little exercise surely freaked me out and I have the utmost compassion and empathy for you... but unfortunately no advice (cuz I have NO idea what I would do if faced with inevitable cockroaches).

hugs anyway!!
                      FINALLY -- I'm a non-drinker!!

Comment

Nerves 2....

Feet, so glad that you got through this, my friend went for some therapy but I cant remember the name of it ....... you have my mobile number so if you are ever suffering and need someone then please use it..... text me your landline and I will call you .........

Shall we wait for november for another meet or do it before????

BB xx
                        sigpicXXX

Comment

Nerves 2....

Oh MOW - you sweetheart! Fancy you freaking youself out for me!! I hope you've calmed down after it now!! There aren't going to be those beasties everywhere - s'ok!! And absolutely top marks for typing it! Be proud of youself! (And I am not teasing - I mean that.)

BB - you are a sweetheart too - It really helped - your offer of a call....I just felt too much of a plonker to speak! But I do know I could call you and I thank you soooh much for that. Oh, and yes, why not! Novemberis miles away - perhaps a six month meet then? I'm in!
                          I've tried Cognitive Behavoral therapy (CBT), three or four other versions, hypnotherapy, aversion, a sort of machine you wear to sort out the Alpha-Beta waves (!), oh, the list is endless....but I think the best one is probably going to be MWO! Coz I know it has all been bound up with why I drank and now that's out of the way...well, just maybe I'll learn what it al labout and/or get to deal with it! If i ever get to be a Grandma I want to hug my grandkids through everything and not be a useless squirt when it comes to nursing them or being around them in winter!!!

Like the booze - I'll not hand in the towel - I'll beat this!

Hugs to everyone - I am soooh grateful.
                          FMS xx

Comment

Nerves 2....

You are not a plonker at all, I was suffering magor anxiety a few years ago so I know how you were feeling ......

A new meet is on its way, let me get my thinking cap on .......

Take care love and call if you need me, BB xx
                            sigpicXXX

Comment

Nerves 2....

I keep feeling things crawling on me now!!!

LOL
                              FINALLY -- I'm a non-drinker!!

Comment

Working...
                              X