Third times a charm - I hope, I hope, I hope

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Started the entire program this week ( I have to admit that I just tried the topo and some of the supps and some cds the last two times). Day 5 and feeling good. I went to dinner with friends last night who drank (one glass each and I chose to detox for a while, yeh!). Questions? Roberta and Brenda make it sound so easy in the book, yet judging by the posts this seems to be more difficult than it appears. Is there really the possibility of moderation after 20 years of abuse? Please share any long term success stories. I'm curious as to how "Brenda" is doing. What's the best time to take topa if you are going to a 5:30 pm exercise class and don't want to faint? Anybody experience muscle weekness with the topa? HAPPY NEW YEAR & HAPPY NEW LIFE!!! Keke

hi there and great job...i found the topa to work best for me if i too it at night as it made me too tired after i took it to do much..at my highest dosage 100 mg...i was taking 25 in the AM and the other 75 in the evening....it worked great for me and i achieved 3 months AF...i had to stop using it due to side effects which was a huge disappointment...there are lots here that have had tremendous success..... I owe so much to this program as it has helped me on my journey to sobriety...hope that helps and good luck...stay strong...blessings ...buckle

Comment

I think that as with any program, it is the person who makes the program work not the other way around.

This is working for me so far, but it is what I do with the program that is making it work. The program just helps me, but I am the one doing the work.

Sometimes I think people have a difficult time because they can't accept that it is so simple. People have a hard time allowing themselves to be OK.

Don't drink for a month, set some limits for yourself and then when you start drinking again don't go over them. (I also take supps to help)

My limits are no more than 4 drinks a day, no more than 12 a week, and when I start drinking again I am not going to exceed those limits. I measure my drinks out at 1.5 ounces of hard liquor, 5 oz of wine or 12 ounces of beer. I never drink before dinner. I give myself permission to be all better now. It's that simple.

Comment

Many here have tried moderating, and I think that those who give themselves a long AF stint have the greater success with mods. Some realize in the end that they have to simply stay AF -but don't let that scare you off - because these folks sound so very happy with being completely free of alcohol and without the constant worry.
        FINALLY -- I'm a non-drinker!!

Comment

I recently went a year being 95% AF. I did drink on very few occassions. I was also a binge drinker for almost a decade before this.

I honestly think moderation is possible. I didn't in the beginning because I was basically an all or nothing type of gal. After a year of being mainly AF, I have started to moderate a bit. I don't drink every weekend, maybe have a couple of glasses of wine once a month-ish now. Christmas, I did over do it a bit, but I am not beating myself up about it.

I am pretty proud of what MWO has done for me and my life. Whether you choose to moderate or completely abstain, everyone here will support you. As you go along, you will know whether moderation will work for you or not.

Comment

Thanks for the input

Just checking in. I had forgotten where i had originally posted. Doing well and am fully on board. Thanks to everyone for reiterating that I have to work the program in order for it to work!! I'm even tolerating the topa better with the supps (duh). Hubby says I've been in an exceptionally good mood lately (Hypno tapes, I think). Been reading the topa post started by Paddy and I think I'll post there. Thanks to all for the support, I'm enjoying having like minded (as normal or as abnormal as we are) individuals to communicate with. yeh!MWO
            It's weird, but i think I'm going to cry and I don't know if I'm happy or sad.

Comment

side effects..

buckledown;250446 wrote: hi there and great job...i found the topa to work best for me if i too it at night as it made me too tired after i took it to do much..at my highest dosage 100 mg...i was taking 25 in the AM and the other 75 in the evening....it worked great for me and i achieved 3 months AF...i had to stop using it due to side effects which was a huge disappointment...there are lots here that have had tremendous success..... I owe so much to this program as it has helped me on my journey to sobriety...hope that helps and good luck...stay strong...blessings ...buckle
              hi.. .

what were this side effects you experienced... ?

Akinna

Comment

I'm on day one for the third time too!
                I am considering order topa through riverpharmcy.
                I live in a small town and too embarassed to go to the Dr.

Comment

Mya, good luck with ordering the topa. i'm fortunate to have a doc who didn't blink an eye when i told her what it was for, even though she hadn't heard of using it for alcohol abuse. My only obstacle to working the program has been myself. Lets try to stick with it for awhile. What do you say? Keke

Comment

Working...
                  X