X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I suck!!!!

two days that is all i lasted!
    Jan 2 and 3
    And the only reason is b/c i didn't leave my house and yesterday i take my son to the library i went to rent movies and then picked up a pint.
    My husband is playing golf right now and probably thinking I'm a loser!
    I wanted to play golf too but no I'm home too tired and drinking again
    Like I said I suck

I suck!!!!

First, YOU DO NOT SUCK!...this has happened to all of us...i can have such resolve and as the days go by i weaker and give in...we understand....be proud of the achievements you did make and start again...make a plan and look at your triggers for drinking...most of all keep posting and keep being honest...it is a journey and you can do this....don't beat yourself up...sending you big hugs...and blessings...buckle

Comment

I suck!!!!

Dear mya,
      I agree with buckledown.
      Please don't be so hard on yourself. Saying /thinking negative things about ourselves won't help, it will only reinforce and keep you at low esteem. Hey, you lasted 2 and 3, and there's the rest of the month to go. And the New Year is a hell of a time for many of us to be going AF with so much temptation around . So, why not start again tomorrow and see if you can go another 2 or 3 days. It isn't easy, which is why we're all here, but please try not to listen to the little voice in your head that tries to sabotage your resolve. You can do this.... you've already had 2 days AF, so just set yourself up for another couple of days AF.
      Take care,

Comment

I suck!!!!

Beating yourself up doesn't help any - it just feeds the fire. Try to pull the positives out of this -- you were AF for two days. And now go for three, or four, or more. Look at this honestly, without self-loathing or excuses, figure out what you need to do, and try again.

It's a process, but I know you can do it, because we can ALL do it.

pixie
        AF since 6JUN2012

Comment

I suck!!!!

self esteem issues are common amongst us here. Take heart Mya....we know the feeling. The simple fact that you come here shows that you are NOT a loser.
          nosce te ipsum
          (Know Thyself)

Comment

I suck!!!!

You are not a loser, If you were then you wouldn't be here ........

Be strong, you have done two days which is good by anyones standards ...

Keep it up .......
            sigpicXXX

Comment

I suck!!!!

2 days! 2 days! hey listen... I am the 2 day expert yeah!! well tomorrow will be day 3 for me .... come join me!
              Sometimes the only way to stay sane is to go a little crazy

Comment

I suck!!!!

mya,
                firstly, you are not a loser. Also, you re not alone. I slipped after 3 days. I am not feeling terribly positive about today, but if nothing else, I know I WILL try again.
                Hang in there, keep posting, and don't give up!
                Hugs!
                Kee
                Striving to live life without ALCOHOL

Comment

I suck!!!!

I used to really beat myself up too for making it just one day, or two days or three, then drinking again. But I kept trying anyway. Quit and got back to drinking again, over and over again. But ya know what? With every day that I was AF, and especially every multiple occurences of AF days, I got stronger and more confident. And I criticized myself less and less, which is huge in furthering success.

I know it may seem like you are stuck, but really, with every effort and every AF day you are getting yourself further along the path.
                  DO NOT GIVE UP!!!
                  FINALLY -- I'm a non-drinker!!

Comment

I suck!!!!

yes take stride in that you are taking inroads. and i know i've probably already asked but are you on rj's program? because it works if you do it the way she puts it down. supps and topa work magic. just wanting to give you a hug before i jump on the plane
                    :welcome:

Comment

I suck!!!!

Mya, 2 days is awesome! Ive been modding for 2 years..and haven't been AF for ages! (not drunk... like the old daze, but not AF )
                      I'm wayyy over-due for going AF.
                      Don't discount those 2 days you have. :goodjob:
                      The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

I suck!!!!

You don't suck alcohol sucks and our reaction to it sucks.

Comment

I suck!!!!

Hi Miya,

Not much to write because I think everyone said if for me and that's don't beat yourself up for something that is a hard thing to do. You should be proud that at least you were able to go 2 days AF and that you come on to this site and was honest, wow there is alot to be said about that :goodjob: It shows that you are being true to yourself. Just brush yourself off and start again, the mere fact that you are having the willingness to want to make a change, hard change and stop saying you suck!!!! Hope that helps

Keep us posted and get yourself back up...YOU CAN DO IT!!

Big hugs,
                          Janet :h
                          AF Since May 2nd 2012

Comment

I suck!!!!

Once I stopped beating myself up for a slip, I started to gain control of the AF. Don't beat yourself down. We suffer from esteem issues to begin with, hence, the drinking problems.

Be kind to yourself and try to say positive things about yourself. It is HARD to stop, period. The more you try, the better you will get. It is like learning how to ride a bike.

Hang in there!

Comment

I suck!!!!

Thanks everyone!!! makes me feel good
                              i can do it and i willl
                              dh and i are watching football and i cannot beleve that the redskins lost
                              now lets go stellers!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X