Went out and binged again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I did it again... my husband has been alcohol free for a year and I can't seem to stop drinking. I did it for a couple of days - and I posted here - but have been too embarrassed to post again because I just went right back to the bottle. I need help! Yesterday he was gone and I went out and bought a case of beer and just started drinking them one after another. I iknow he knows but he is not confronting me although I have been completely wasted by the time he gets home. I am embarrassed for myself, worried that I can't stop, and REALLY concerned that I can't seem to.

help.

Blue Girl,
    Welcome, :welcome: and believe me, you're not alone~ you are simply brave enough to post and reach out for help. You know there's a problem, but you won't stop. Why won't you stop, Blue G? Is this something you are doing to sabotage your relationship with your husband? Or, in your heart of hearts, do you really want to stop?

If you haven't downloaded Roberta Jewell's book, thats a good place to start. Linda, Roberta, and Brenda all share their life stories, and you may see yourself within them (I did). Once I realized that my alcohol habits were bio-chemical, and not a character flaw, then I let myself quit. :h

Take the time to read these forums. You'll find people on here at all stages of their journey. If you stay around, you'll find the help you need here. Take care,

Patty
    Tampa, FL

Comment

Great job on posting...you can get all the support you want here just by getting up the courage to post...i have come back many times with my tail between my legs...start again and make a plan..write it down and use the drink tracker...that way you have some visual things to keep you strong...don't think about forever..just today...we are here for you ..just think that the AF days you had are great!...build on that and when you see them on the drink tracker they start to add up...things will get better...blessings..buckle

Comment

Buckle,

You have never had a need to come back with you tail between your legs!!

The fact that you keep coming back shows a lot of determination and courage. You will get to where you want when you are ready.

btw, I really hope Lenair helps you. You need to let us know, like Bootsie.

Love,
        Cindi
        AF April 9, 2016

Comment

i will let you know...i promise..buckle

Comment

Its is a day by day thought process no doubt. Rehab is good if you have insurance. Give yourself a break, there is help in many ways. Good Luck dear.

Luv Ripple~
            :welcome:

Comment

Working...
            X