Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Day at the Inn vs. Daily Thread (Monthly Abs)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good Morning Everyone,

Is there much of a difference between the "Day at the Inn" or "Daily Thread" (newly named) for Monthly Abstinence ? I'm not sure which one I should jump in on. I started on the Daily Thread last week. They both seem like good threads, but posting on both seems like saying the same thing twice. Should they be combined ?

Anyway, I'm very happy today. Feeling good and working on my January Monthly Abs at 6 AF days completed yesterday! I'm feeling confident, but I don't want to jump the gun yet, so it's sill ODAT.
    Miss October :blinkylove:

Hi Miss October. Good question. There is a difference between the Daily thread and the INN thread.

The Daily thread is a daily check in thread. Mary, Reteacher is generally considered the moderator of the thread and often starts the thread by sharing her wisdom and gratitude as she discovers the joys and challenges of the AF life.

The INN on the other hand is a virtual retreat. Hannah and I are the innkeepers. Our guests are comitted to 30 consecutive days of abstinance. We try to offer some fun and silliness along the way.

Both threads welcome anyone who is interested in becoming AF. We offer support, love, someone to laugh with or at. Someone to cry with, encouragement, suggestions and in some cases just some good old fashioned common sense.

There are many who post on both threads and a lot more who read both.

So just post and read where you are most comfortable, Miss October.

Comment

I second what Rob says. I like the daily thread, because it's new every day. It seems to focus on strategies for staying sober. I often read the Inn thread & find it amusing. You'll find your place (both?).

Mary
      Wisdom, Courage, Strength
      October 3, 2012

Comment

Hi Rob & Mary,

Thanks so much for setting me strait :H I think I'll read both and post if I have something good to say :thumbsup

Enjoy the day !
        Miss October :blinkylove:

Comment

Working...
        X