PDA

View Full Version : It's Official

abby1
January 7th, 2008, 06:28 PM
I can now truly belong to long term club!!! Today is ONE YEAR being alcohol free.
And what a difference a year makes!!! Gone is the waking up in the morning with bruises and thinking "god, what did I do last night? Gone are drunken dials, gone is hiding booze and how much I drank. Gone is the embrassement of my family watching me lose control.
Gone is not wanting to do somewhere, becuase there is no liquor served. Gone is watching the clock to see if it "happy hour" somewhere in the world. Gone is 20 pounds of extra weight from drinking. Gone is people talking behind my back about how much I drank.
I believe in my whole heart, that if you want something bad enough and it important enough, anything is achievable. Even for a drunk like me, no longer being a drunk. Everyday is a breath of fresh air, knowing you made it without alcohol to depend on. I wake up with no regrets and love facing the day. As I mentioned before.... it feels like I am in a marathon race, now at the finish line. I would hate to trip or fall and have to start at mile one again.
Thanks for all your love and support since I have been on this site. (I don't post much, but read most the posts).
Abby

tawnyfrog
January 7th, 2008, 06:32 PM
Abby

Let me just say what a joy it is to read your post. You've just made my day. Thank you.

charlee
January 7th, 2008, 06:33 PM
Abby
Congratulations on 1 year.....what an accomplishment!!!!

lushy
January 7th, 2008, 06:38 PM
I must be psychic because I was just thinking of you last night! No joke.

I am so stinking proud of you Abby. I can feel through your words how wonderful you feel. A real inspiration. Thanks for posting.

Flip
January 7th, 2008, 06:41 PM
Congratulations!! It's such a liberating feeling isn't it? (I made 1 year on 1 Dec)... I know that I kept thinking "only x until it's one year"... but now it's been and gone there is no longer that artificial deadline.... I am not 'waiting' for anything, life just IS.

I know I will always have to be vigilant - how easy would it be to have a drink at a wedding, or out with your mates - but that life is not for me - I CHOOSE to not drink now.

Well done, you are a champion!!

Accountable for Me
January 7th, 2008, 07:25 PM
Abby!!!! WAY TO GO GIRL!!!!!!!! I am so fricken proud of you too!

KateH1
January 7th, 2008, 07:34 PM
Abby!! Congratulations! Job well done.......sounds like you are really enjoying your new non-drinking life!!

Finding My Self
January 7th, 2008, 07:40 PM
Abby - many, many congratulations to you! You sound one happy bunny!

And on so few posts!! Wow! And thanks for reminding me of all those old things I soooh don't miss!!

As Flip says so well, now life just IS! Enjoy!

Love FMSxx

Cinders
January 7th, 2008, 08:09 PM
Abby1,

Sending my congrats, too. How awesome to be a whole year AF and looking forward to many after.

It is people like you, who post their freedom that gives me that extra boost.

Thank you!!

Love,
Cindi

dexterhead
January 7th, 2008, 08:37 PM
Abby: I am still in the abyss but your post inspired me so much !! congratulations to you from someone about 4 hours down I-94 (madison).

xtexan
January 7th, 2008, 08:38 PM
Abby1:

I salute you!

Welcome to the ranks of the

AF SOLAR ORBITER

brigade!

Today is your day of well-deserved congratulations, a firm handshake, and a pat of the back from the entire forum.

The one-year mark is the territory of the tough and determined. Yet, more than that, it is the territory of the soul with the courage to go the distance of love and respect for ones self.

You have our admiration and respect.

Well done, and be proud of your accomplishment. It means a lot more than you know, even at the moment it arrives. You have chosen the courageous path of life, and well-being.

Neil

January 7th, 2008, 08:50 PM
Abby1
Congratulations indeed... I love Neil's solar orbiter thingo..

This is your day and no doubt this has been a huge year for you... what a fantastic milestone.

See you here at 2 years.

Well done again.
Brigid

abby1
January 7th, 2008, 10:43 PM
Thanks everyone...
I look foward to year two....
Abby

gabby
January 7th, 2008, 10:45 PM
way to go abby!!!!!

KatieSmiles
January 7th, 2008, 10:59 PM
Oh abby, I am so happy for you!
CONGRATULATIONS!

big big hugs!
K:)

lucky 2.0
January 8th, 2008, 12:28 AM
Abby,

I am so proud of you too and you sound great!

:h Attached files /converted_files/403529=2013-attachment.jpg (http://www.mywayout.org/VB4/images/converted_files/403529=2013-attachment.jpg)

stollies1
January 8th, 2008, 02:54 AM
Congrats Abby,
Well done my dear.What a wonderful uplifting post..you sound great and I'm so pleased for you.
Love Victoria xxooxx

Aroundtwit
January 8th, 2008, 12:32 PM
Abby,

Congratulations, its brilliant to know there is light at the end of the tunnel!

Twit x

lorisunshine
January 8th, 2008, 12:55 PM
Abby, you are such an inspiration; thank you for sharing and I wish you the very best on your continued journey.
Lori

Waves 2
January 8th, 2008, 03:12 PM
It is posts like yours that inspire so many.

Thanks.

Any newbie coming on today feeling in the depths of despair, and thinking that there is no hope left, will realise that all is not lost after all.

There is a way out.

:goodjob:

cpn1004
January 8th, 2008, 03:33 PM
Abby,
Congratulations on your year. It is folks like you and Neil that provide hope for us.
Love and Peace,
Phil

DAMO
January 8th, 2008, 03:47 PM
i am crying reading this abby, i hope to be one day where you are, hope this site helps, what i would do to quit the booze,

Miss October
January 9th, 2008, 08:05 AM
Abby,

Congratulations ! That is truly amazing, and what a beautiful thing for us to read who are so desparately taking it one day at a time.

Thank you for your inspiration, and sharing your thoughts with us on how you feel after one year. Tissue please ......

july232007
January 9th, 2008, 09:39 PM
Abby,

Great job on a year well done!

July

irishlady
January 10th, 2008, 03:19 PM
Abby, sorry its late, but I have been having a break from MWO, anyway CONGRATULATIONS on one whole year. Its a fantastic achievement, and welcome to the long term abbers.

Love, Louise xxx

satori
January 11th, 2008, 06:14 AM
Congrats from me too Abby,

I only have another 6 months to go to get there - but I WILL be there in July (along with July232007!)

I too love the AF life - just wonder why it took me so long to make that move!

Love

satori

xxx

Eastender
January 11th, 2008, 06:38 AM
Congratulations Abby on your anniversary!,
I needed to see your post today Thank you.

Eastx

Hannah
January 11th, 2008, 05:30 PM
Congratulations Abby! What an accomplishment!

Finding My Self
January 11th, 2008, 06:03 PM
Well done, Abby!!!! That's fantastic!

Masquerade
January 12th, 2008, 11:33 AM
Abby -
You go girl!! An inspiring message for all of us ... thank you so much for your joie de vivre and sharing "the hope."

A votre sante' !!

RavenGirl
January 12th, 2008, 07:53 PM
It's Official

Just starting here, and looking to those like you who are such an inspiration!

Congratulations!

Keep up the great work. You are not only making your life more worthwhle, you are encouraging those of us following behind you.

RG

Winefree
January 12th, 2008, 08:15 PM
Abby, congratulations! I can only hope...............

Hovercat
January 14th, 2008, 03:20 AM
I look forward to writing a post like yours :) See you next year!!

Congratulations!

retteacher
January 16th, 2008, 05:10 PM
I've marked my calendar w/my one year date. When I've gotten there, I'll be able to write a post like yours. Thank you & congrats. Mary

Bessie
January 17th, 2008, 04:50 PM
Fantastic! What an inspiration. A year AF for me still seems like an eternity but you have just shown me that it can be done! Thank you and congratulations!

Bessie xx

Beaches
January 21st, 2008, 07:01 AM
Congrats Abby that is wonderful! You truly are an inspiration to so many!

Elizabeth
January 21st, 2008, 03:40 PM
Abby1, YOU ROCK. An inspiration.

narilly
June 14th, 2015, 12:19 AM
Way to go Abby! One year is a huge accomplishment. Yahoo!

Eloise
February 22nd, 2016, 10:57 AM
See how important it is to post about our milestones. I was not entirely convinced of it, but see from this thread it really does matter. Cool & congrats on 1 year!
Year 2 gets even better I hear!

Sunbeam
February 23rd, 2016, 01:25 PM
Eloise, for me the first year was filled with many firsts: my first AF vacation, holidays, special occasions, stressful events. In my first year, I learned that I really liked my life without alcohol. I felt better, I didn't want to drink and still don't. In the second year, I had that confidence I developed during the first year. I could just enjoy my life without thinking about drinking.