X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day 4, Independence Day!

Let Freedom Ring!

Happy July 4th everyone!
    Day 4 is here and YOU are here, and that is a beautiful thing!

Nancy thank you for reminding us not to take our freedom for granted, you're so right! Glad to hear your son is home safe. You are one strong Southern Belle! Good goin yesterday sticking to sweet tea!

Now I realize this is a big drinking day for some, but lets be real, people who need an occaision to drink are amateurs! :lol But yes, holidays are hard, and can be a punch in the stomach if you're not armed. So, what are you all doing today to combat a potential drink-attack? Hah! That bastard can't fight through your determination, and he'll only have a chance if he gets through the L-glut first! :lol So use whatever you need to, to get through today with your new future intact. Leave that bastard bloody on the floor with no remorse if need be!! I'm sorry, but that's how I feel about the crack-head that lives in my brain!! :lol

Holidays and their rituals, attending parties, and promises of a good ol time, yep, all very enticing. But don't forget that you can have an even better time without drinking, because for one thing, you don't have to worry ABOUT your drinking today, and all the nasty results that inevitably & literally eat us alive. So have a great time if you're doing anything special, as for me, I'm planning a most excellent smorgasbord of housework, laundry, pet-care...what else... um, gosh, just too many wonderful activities to name! :rolleyes I will watch the fireworks from my roof though, and for once I'll see one set of fireworks instead of seeing the double version of years past. Ah, but I wax sentimental... actually it wasn't all it was "cracked" up to be! :lol

So good to have all our Newbies and Returnies here in Absville! (Who said that? I love it - the opposite of wasting away again in Margueritaville!)
    So many great posts yesterday! So little time to respond like I want to! My thoughts are with you all... hang in there!

:h Deirdre

Freedom is the oxygen of the soul.
    Moshe Dayan

Day 4, Independence Day!

Happy July 4 to everyone in the US. Hope the sun shines bright and the breeze keeps you cool.
    have a great day. lluf

Comment

Day 4, Independence Day!

Morning All, thanks Dierdre for your welcome to Absville. Yup, I like it to. And congrats to all abs and mods.

Day4/16 for me with a great synergy...The cravings are diminishing and I'm planning a 4 hour drive to return to life so I don't think that I'll be joining much in the way of social hours since I took yesterday off instead, but...to be safe, I don't think I'll join my "friends" at the local or even head off into the big city for a fancy "celebration". Perhaps a whole foods will be open and I can pick up some healthy food for myself and wave a sparkler from by balcony....lol. I'll save the celebration for a real occasion, like the return of naturally controlled normal behavior...you know, sane, sober, happy and getting the hang of it. I'm moving forward, not looking back and not dwelling on anything in the past because it is past, meant to learn from, not get stuck in.

Anyway, we're in the thick of summer and perhaps I should try to get a bit of a tan on my legs instead of having the beacon of scary white:happy

Comment

Day 4, Independence Day!

Happy 4th All! Have a safe and happy holiday!

Donna

Comment

Day 4, Independence Day!

Morning all,

It is now nice and sunny, quite a contrast to the nasty and pretty scary storm I awoke to at 5 this am. Actually scared ME off the puter. So far have gotten together yet another pile of old clothes ready to go ... that I wasn't planning to jettison quite yet. Feels good. Okay, stirrup pants, band t-shirts, etc. can probably go. Ya' think? Those size 4s, too. :lol Size 6 can stay, just in case :lol So, this makes about 6 nice rubber made tubs of stuff ready to go to Goodwill. The empty space will be welcome.

Well, day 4 of abs again. Feeling pretty good. Going to choke down some supps and get my butt to the store. If I don't feed the cat soon, you'll be hearing about me on the news ....

Have a good day everyone,
          Pansy

Comment

Day 4, Independence Day!

Happy Independence Day!

Just think how fortunate we all are on this Independence Day. Not only do we get to celebrate our national freedoms, we get to celebrate countless personal freedoms as well.

Here's a few for starters: Let's all celebrate.....

Freedom from self hatred

Freedom from hangovers and feeling like crap

Freedom from constant guilt

Freedom from poisoning our bodies and minds

Freedom from judgemental scorn

And....

Freedom to re-write the rest of our lives

Freedom to wake up and feel truly thankful for the new day

Freedom to heal our bodies and minds

Freedom to put the s*!t behind us and live in a beautiful brand new world of our own design

Freedom to love ourselves, just as we are, and move on to live rich, purposeful and blessed lives.

Happy Independence Day to all of my fellow travellers!

Matt
            Day 4 (14!)

Comment

Day 4, Independence Day!

Happy 4th everyone! (Even all the bad guys)
              Me.....I have a date! With the house. Yesterday it was with the garage. I took your advise to heart Deirdre. Things are goin well.
              Today is day 28 for me and I couldnt feel happier. Doin everything.
              Supps: Take em all and then some. Wouldnt mind addin some for engery CV. Not sure what. Already feel like I am a walking supplement but I guess its letting me put somethin in my mouth that isnt food. I have lost 10 lbs now. Not complaining about that. I'll take 20 more please.

Exercise: about all I can muster up is 40 minutes on the eliptical thing at a pretty hard pace. Then I'm phooie for the rest of the day. (Well, the kids make me run em) Topa tired.

Diet: Good for me that is. fruits, veggies, tons of water, protien. Lousy on dairy A tootsie roll pop at night. (maybe two)
              Also gettin plenty of rest. So u see....I feel great.

CD's: At first I didnt think they worked on me. But its getting better. I think I was just expecting something like an old movie or somethin. Like walkin around with my arms straight out in front of me like a mummy or somethin. Sheese. I just have to listen to them during the day so I wont fall asleep. Then I actually think they are effective. I add other stuff in. Kinda cool.

Well starting to ramble. Glad everyone is here. Have a good 4th and AFone. Love ya all, rambling gabby

Comment

Day 4, Independence Day!

Hi guys,
                Happy 4th - of July and abs event. It's also day 18 for me and feeling good.
                Matt I liked your list of freedoms - they sure feel good!
                I'm not planning much this 4th - taking a run, my brother is helping me with some computer hook ups, cleaning. Tonight I play in a community band, so I'll do the concert and then watch the fireworks - I LOVE the fireworks.
                As far as the date goes, I had a nice time, though haven't heard from him, so we shall see... Thanks for your input Deirdre - but fear not. I am NOT looking for a heavy or serious relationship, just want to play in the water a little - in the shallow section for sure.
                In the last year I have lost 115 lb, started training for a marathon, having fun dressing like a girl, my daughter is heading off to college in the fall, finally getting sober... when I say its Peggy time, it really is. I don't want to hook up in a serious way with anyone - its time for me to play and discover who I am!!!
                Peggy (rambling like Gabby)

Comment

Day 4, Independence Day!

'Morning y'all stainers in Absville,

Day 28 of 29 here.

Gosh, all this talk about FREEDOM has me psyched! Used to be that a "freedom day" to me meant going without undies... But today really is a FREEDOM DAY!!! Freedom from everything y'all already named and then some... sooooooo WOW KEWEL! And hey... We're mostly Americans here. Ain't nobody taking our freedom from us without a FIGHT, right? (Hearing "Proud To Be An American" playing on that crazy tape recorder in my head now) It's taken me a little over a week to even begin to feel like myself again since the BAD thing happened... And I sure as sh*t ain't gonna GIVE my freedom to... of all things... a bottle today! That d*mned thing isn't even my friend! It's definately the mortal enemy of my soul... And I ain't going down without a FIGHT!

Can ya tell I'm feeling a lil rednecky and patriotic today?

Anyway, today's battle plan is... BBQ & fireworks with just hubbie and kids. There'll be squirt guns, kites, swimming, trail riding, grilled burgers, watermelon... The whole shebang! When we first talked about doing a BBQ, I gotta admit there was an instant visual of beer... I can't remember ever NOT drinking beer at a BBQ... But today... Booze is officially UNINVITED!!!

HAPPY NOT HUNGOVER 4TH OF JULY Y'ALL... and stay safe on the roads... It's one of those dreaded amateaur occasions.

Comment

Day 4, Independence Day!

Yaaay!! Happy Independence Day in Absville, y'all!!

Hugs to all and a special welcome to all to all the folks who are new or returning!! July looks like a great month to be sober!

Deirdre, those drinking days were definitely more than they are cracked up to be....and I am totally THRILLED to know that I don't have to worry about alcohol today--because I won't be drinking any!! (And, you're right, holidays like today are totally amateur time!)

There really were a lot of great posts yesterday and I again appreciated how we are all struggling with the same things here (fear, guilt, shame) and how we can celebrate the same things also like new-found self-esteem, health, a clear head--FREEDOM!!!

Today, I'm going to make some curtains for our cabin...maybe repot a couple of plants-and basically bask in my new found sense of wellbeing....it may be overcast outside, but it's sunny in my brain!!

This IS a day of celebration so let's all raise a glass of iced tea or selzer or fruit juice or diet whatever--here's to Absville!!

:P

susan

Comment

Day 4, Independence Day!

Hi All - love yur list, Matt! Happy 4th to my American friends!

Peggy - I play flute and keyboard, trying cello - how about you? and one of my girls is off the university this fall, too!

This list is keeping me honest...felt like a glass last night, but then figured I couldn't post with a clear conscience today...so I also have a clear head :lol

Day 4 - will be glad to get this one behind me...it's a turning point day physically, is it not? Starting to feel like the supps are kicking in...have been on them longer than 4 days, though

Let's keep tough today, everyone
                      PR

Comment

Day 4, Independence Day!

Oh yeah... And stainers? IF any of us should find ourselves in that place where a drink seems inevidable... where the craving makes us wanna cave... PLEASE REMEMBER... Open a capsule of L-glut and put the stuff directly under your tounge... I've heard it really works!

Comment

Day 4, Independence Day!

Thank you Susan, My glass is raised!!!!!!!

Comment

Day 4, Independence Day!

Hi Everyone!

Matt thanks for that Freedom list. I esp like - Freedom to put the s*!t behind us and live in a beautiful brand new world of our own design! (Pumping my fist!) They're ALL so true though. Congrats to you on 2 weeks. That is an awesome achievement!!

Peggy & Gabby, good I'm glad you took my 2 cents on dating well... as it was meant of course! Gab - congrats on 28 days! Wow! Thats 4 weeks! You go girl... Peggy you enjoy your new body! That's a great accomplishment on the weight loss. Were you able to do that while still drinking? How'd you manage it? Well, congrats on all your achievements and keep it going!

Jane, I'm glad you're feeling back to normal, rednecky and all :lol Hey, my spell check doesn't recognize the R word... what's up with that? So, Jane, is today going to be freedom from jammies day too? You made it 4 weeks! C'mon now, can't we get you back into your red apron and tiara for today at least to celebrate? Well, congratulations no matter what you're wearing today!

PR, what a coincidence, I play flute and keys too! And guitar. But I'm so out of practice I should probably just keep my mouth shut! Anyway, congrats on 4 days! You are over the 3 day hump and that is wonderful. Hah! Clear conscience, clear head, I see the connection clearly! Yes the boards will keep us honest and that's why I think its a great idea to post everyday, just another tool in our shed.

You know what's making my mouth water thinking about all the bbq's today... watermelon! Gotta go get some and pretend I'm at one... while i do the laundry...? Don't underestimate the power of the mind folks! :lol

Happy 4th!

Deirdre

Comment

Day 4, Independence Day!

Hey,
                              I play trombone - quite badly, but I do have fun, so that's all that counts.
                              Yes, I lost the weight while still drinking - counting the brandy as my carbs:lol I finally got to the point I wasn't losing any more with the drinking - one of the signs I was telling myself meant I REALLY had to stop (lots of those, though aren't there????) Actually my drinking got worse as my weight came off - switching one addiction for another.
                              So, have a great 4th all.... and for those in other countries, your fourth day of July should be great, too -- just cuz!!!!
                              Peggy

Comment

Working...
                              X