Disturbed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Disturbed

I was prepared to go AF for five days Monday. However, like Lucifer himself were monitoring me, I began getting hammered socially. I mean neighbors, people at the store...everybody. I'm definitely stigmatized. The drink has been my magic elixir for this and while it generally works, I know that it is beginning to work on my body as well. That's why I sincerely wanted to turn over a new leaf. I found out about this program and it really inspired me to want to change. I bought the book. While it is generally directed at the working professional ( desk job types ) I found universally useful info in it.

Anyway, what do I do? I want to get into a healthier routine, but getting my self-esteem and security smashed by the town in general just perpetuates the rut I've been in. It seems so hopeless. I want to help myself, but all I get is injured socially. The only support I find is on here. That's great. But even I cannot totally live through the monitor.

What do you do when any necessary public contact just pummels you?

I ask questions that many probably cannot relate to. In a nutshell, the problem most likely is: I'm on disability and people do not approve of me. This is largely why I'm trying to rehabilitate myself because no one can really live in isolation totally shut out from society. I have to fit in to a degree. They don't seem to understand that these years of abuse and drinking have not led me down:confused confused: the road to improvement. They seem to think that berating me will propel me to become productive in their eyes. While I wish I would have caught on to this mentality A LOT sooner, now I'm facing some personal rehab before it's a possibility. And little to no outer support.

I tell myself "just do it" is probably the only way out. But, I've developed a chemically dependent mind. I can only take so much of their scorn before I'm popping cans again.

I'm worth saving! Even if the majority doesn't agree. I believe being given life means you have the right to that life. I know we suffer repercussions for our wrongdoings, even at the hands of the court of public opinion. But what do you do when community just has it in for you?

Disturbed

Hi Robenzo,
    For some unknown reason it seems in the human nature to always have someone to scorn, which usually means that they feel better about themselves and their own failings.
    Do not even question that you are worthy of saving! Everyone deserves a happy life.
    Just take it ODAT don't think to far ahead when it comes to drinking just deal with today. As for people well, there is only one person you can change and that is yourself.

Take care and good luck

Eastx
    In life we can live out our dreams its true
    the one who decides,takes chances,makes choices is YOU.

Comment

Disturbed

Hummmmmmmmm
      We all start to change from the inside out so it may not be apparent at first to someone else....
      Could you think of one little thing on the outside to change??? Maybe a hair cut ..a clean ironed shirt...posture...stand or sit up straight and look people in the eye...if they have asked you a rude question then answer it "why do you want to know"?
      I would spend my energy working on the changes within that cannot be seen by others at first.
      Save the money you would spend on drinking and find a outlet in something you like to do that makes you feel good.
      I joined a fittness center and love the water exercize class. I loved to swim as a child....so my inner child is real happy right now! I find myself smiling as I do it.
      Just my thoughts
      :l Nancy
      "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

Working...
      X