Night sweats/chills...at the same time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am experiencing something very weird. By most of my symptoms I am in the throws of menopause. I have been on birth control pills for about 4 months now to try and balance out the rollercoaster ride my hormones are on.
    I am on day 3 AF - and loving it.
    The lastest symptom tho is just weird. In the last week 3 nights I have woken up soaking from sweat from the waist down and chilled to the bone from the waist up. I got up and put on another PJ top and grabbed another blanket to wrap up in and pulled my duvet up above my waist and left my legs dangling in the open. Sorry if that was TMI but this is really bizarre. Is this some kind of withdrawl thing?

Has ANYONE ever had these 2 things occur at the same time?

Cosette, I have been through exactly what you describe EVERY time I go AF after a binge. YES it is part of withdrawal, and just a sign/symptom that your body is getting rid of the alcohol.

I like to think of it as the alcohol exiting your body through your pores - you probably will have noticed the sweat/your sheets & clothes smell funny too. Probably metabolites of alcohol I would guess.

It's fairly horrid, I find sleeping between two large bath towels in bed that you can change during the night if they get wet helps. Should stop in a couple of days so don't worry.

Comment

Ahhh. Thank you so much. SO many things were going thru my head as to what it could be. How long did it last?

Comment

Cosette;252973 wrote: I am experiencing something very weird. By most of my symptoms I am in the throws of menopause. I have been on birth control pills for about 4 months now to try and balance out the rollercoaster ride my hormones are on.
        I am on day 3 AF - and loving it.
        The lastest symptom tho is just weird. In the last week 3 nights I have woken up soaking from sweat from the waist down and chilled to the bone from the waist up. I got up and put on another PJ top and grabbed another blanket to wrap up in and pulled my duvet up above my waist and left my legs dangling in the open. Sorry if that was TMI but this is really bizarre. Is this some kind of withdrawl thing?

Has ANYONE ever had these 2 things occur at the same time?
        YES, I have had those symptoms, very frustrating and uncomfortable but as Uk said I believe it's our bodies ridding themselves of the alcohol/poison. It does get better!

About your hormones....I cannot take the pill at all, just doesn't agree with me, but use a cream I get from the local health food store called 'Restored Balance.' It soaks in through your skin and I swear by it, if I forget it for a day or two I find myself in wild mood swings and remember to use it and feel better immediately. It's about $25 a tube but lasts me 3-4 months so very reasonable and well worth it. Not to mention it's much more healthy than the pill (my opinion, not a judgement on anyone else.)

Congrats on day 3, keep up the good work! :goodjob:

Comment

For me, about 4 nights but I am more of a binge drinker so thats after only about 2-3 days of max. alcohol intake preceded by perhaps 4 or 5 AF days.

If you have been drinking every day for some time I am not sure if the symptoms will be longer lasting as there is a longer build up time for the alcohol, or less severe as the intake would be less drastic!

Comment

I go through night sweats every time I detox. (the fact that I say "every time" saddens me, but that's the way it is). They last about a week at the most for me. If you can exercise, do so. Day sweating will help get the toxins out. Also, I find a sauna or steam room helps get the crap out during the day, so that there's less to get rid of at night. However, for some people, vigorous exercise while detoxing can be downright dangerous, and i am NOT a medical health professional, nor do I play one on TV, so use caution in following my advice.
            "uch: When you kick youreslf in the butt, all you get is a sore butt and a tired foot"

Comment

Also, hydrate, hydrate, hydrate.(did I mention hydrate?) P.S. I'm a guy, so the hormone thing is totally and completely outside of my realm of comprehension. I can be of no help whatsoever there.
              "uch: When you kick youreslf in the butt, all you get is a sore butt and a tired foot"

Comment

thanks. I have been walking 30 to 45 min a day for a while now and I do a pretty good job of hydrating and I am drinking red tea too. No wonder its coming out!

Comment

Me too.... when ever coming off a binge, I would have the same. Huge waves of being too hot and sweaty and then chilled.

Great job on your start thus far!

Comment

me too

no hormones yet, but I am sure I don't have long(?!?!), BUT I definitely have the nasty sweats for a couple days after I stop....................I freeze in between sweats, wich I can relate to w/ you also........

Congrats on day 3 and keep up the good work, we are here to help!!:goodjob:

Love

MA:l :h
                    :rays:My happiness is my greatest gift to others:rays:eace:

Comment

Dear, are sure it is not the PAUSE? It sounds to me pause and drinking. I hang the legs for air when sleeping and when I was using I sweat in the middle of my chest. I think my pause has passed....although, now being AF I do not sweat like that...the chills??? Hope it goes away for you. Get a check up.

Luv ya all.
                      Ripple~
                      Sane at the Momment!
                      :H

Comment

Ummmm, I am 33 today and doubt it's the menopause.........had these symptoms whenever going AF after severe drinking for the last couple of years.

Comment

I think it could be menopause. I have had those symptoms even while drinking and am still in perimenopause.

Trying to be "Winefree"

Comment

Well I can only tell you my experiece. I am not a binge drinker, but a nightly drinker. However, when I have had the experience of not drinking, the first few days were major sweat/chilled at night.

I do think that our bodies are adjusting to no alcohol, and that is one effect. for me, it only lasted a few days...

Hope that helps
                            formerly known as bak310

Comment

Me Too

I have the exact same symptoms - it makes for long nights! It happens around the same time each month weather I'm drinking or not. I believe, as does my Dr. that it is probably related to perimenopause. Good luck!

Comment

Working...
                              X