Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

THE INN FOR 30 HOUSE RULES

Hello guests and welcome to the Inn for 30

The Inn for 30 is a gathering place for those who wish to remain AF (alcohol free) for 30 consecutive days.

Please come in and get comfortable, we have many rooms and encourage you to choose one that suits your tastes.

We do ask that all guests observe the house rules which are as follows:

1) All guests will respect, support and encourage each other during their stay.

2) While all guests are encouraged to enjoy the rumpus room, the padded walls are not meant to encourage head banging. If you are feeling really crazy or really craving, come here and talk to someone!!

3) Unfortunately, we have an unwanted inhabitant who occasionally slips up on unsuspecting guests. His name is Al-(coholic) If Al does happen to ?get you? (you have a slip) you will not be asked to leave. However, you will be sent to the Wreck Room a place where I?m sure you will not want to linger.

4) We have a fully equipped exercise room, but because your current proprietor is a lazy slug, I suggest that you get you read the booklets scattered about the room or ask someone who knows about that kind of stuff. The only ?exercise? we require of our guests is that you keep track of your AF days, any way you want.

5) Our nutritionist/cook is currently on leave for a gastric bypass so it?s pretty much up to you to get your own meals. However, we will have Sunday dinner together for our Sunday Shout Out where the rules will be reviewed for the newcomers and AF days will be posted.

6) Have Fun, Don?t Drink, No running or Diving around the Pool!!

Everyone Have a Great Sunday!!
    Attached files [img]/converted_files/15692=3698-attachment.gif[/img]

Hi Rob, and all to come. Iv'e been away for a few days, visiting my family, in particular
    my brother who is very ill. It has been very stressful and I have been drinking even though
    I didn't intend to, but I did not get drunk, which I suppose is not too bad.
    Now I intend to go af, with your support. I have really missed being able to visit this site for
    support and understanding.
    Love to all Paula.

Comment

Good morning, Inn-Mates!

Well, I am finally back amongst the living this morning. My face is still a bit swollen, but the pain has subsided - frickin' finally! Those pain pills were really messing with my head and I only took 3 over the course of two days, but they were strong. For some reason they were making me emotional, not in a good way. It was interesting to watch myself. I have been able to stay home quiet for the past two days. I have been really peaceful, really walking around internally happy. I am really trying to observe myself right now with this separation to see where I am at. Anyway, as I have said in a few posts, I haven't had the desire to drink at all since my husband has left, which to me is very remarkable. To make a long story short (yeah, I know - do I ever?), everytime I took a pain pill, I got really emotional, thought about him, thought about alcohol, and withdrew. Must have hit the same spot in my brain or something. Last night my girlfriend called and said she saw him out in a bar and that almost threw me into a tail spin. It took me some serious breathing and coming to chat to bring myself back down. I don't think this would have happened if I weren't on the pills. All I know is that right now I can't have anything there. I must stay completely clean so I can stay clear and move through this thing with open eyes and an open heart. I know I couldn't do anything about the pain pills, but it just reaffirmed my commitment to stay completely AF.

Lastly, the one thing I did learn through my ordeal last night was, I really, really am becoming protective of my peace. I haven't felt this way, maybe forever. I couldn't wait to wake up today so the pills would be out of my system and I could deal with my emotions like I have been, one at a time. Like walking through clouds, in a way.

Anyway, thanks for listening to me go on, again.. It really helps me when I hit these marks to get it out...

Hope you all have fantastic Sundays! I hung out all day yesterday, and was here most of it So, today I am going to get outof the house. Get a bit of paperwork done at the spa and maybe hit the new bookstore/coffeshop in town...

Namaste, my friends

MM
      Face your deficiencies and acknowledge them, but do not let them master you. Let them teach you patience, sweetness, insight.

Comment

Hey, Paula.. we x-posted.. I am sorry to hear about your brother. Of course, support is always here. Please jsut let us know hwat you need and stay really close.

Thinking of you today...

MM
        Face your deficiencies and acknowledge them, but do not let them master you. Let them teach you patience, sweetness, insight.

Comment

Hello all - just checking in to say a quick hello...I have been busy, busy with a full day's singing and an evening's dancing! Phew! But lovely. And today is so, so, so, windy and wet.....nearly blew me off my feet going down to town....! (But it's nice to 'lean' on the wind if it's in the 'right' place....really 'supportive'!

MM - just to say....if those pain-killers have codeine in them - look out indeed! I was on them back last April after dental work and, with hindsight, they were the thing that put me over the edge more than the booze.....awful - horrible -dangerous! I was with my cousin that week and acted really weird and bad and felt awful coz I thought it was the booze....but since, he, being a doctor, has confirmed it was much more likely the meds..... Codeine is an opiate.....and opiates are (a) dodgy (of course!) and (b) to some of us humans....seriously difficult to 'use'.....never again!

So, I am glad you are 'on to it' and hope you don't need them for much longer! (Andsorry if you already know all that - but at least you're not alone with apres-dental-funny-ness!!

Paula - so sorry about your brother - I know it's a really difficult time for you.... it's nice for you to back in The Inn....

OK - phone calls to do now that I've left too long, so now I want to do them even less coz I feel badly about that....know that one?!!? Only way is to 'do' them....

Hope some of you have good weather somewhere?!? Send any spare this way - pretty please!?!?

Love FMS xx
          :heart: c: :heart:
          "Be patient and gentle with yourself - the magic is in you."

Comment

Yes, Finding.. They did have codine in them.. YUK! I haven't had to take any today and DON'T PLAN TO!

Where is everybody today...:upset:

Comment

MM,

Thinking of you. Keep protecting your peace, that is a positive use of your time and wisdom.

FMS, Paula, Rob have a good night.

July

Comment

I know this is from last week, but I don't have the savy graphic knowledgethatROB has, so I thought I would just bump this for this week... ROB must be working...

So, for anyone new.. WELCOME!

Namaste,

MM

Comment

Working...
                X