Day 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day 2

Congratulations on getting through the first day of abs, and a Saturday to boot!
    It's a great accomplishment, and it comes with a fringe benefit ...it leads you right into day 2!

So. Welcome to day 2 Flyers! :happy

You guys are awesome. I can't read through posts sometimes without chills going up my spine, or tears welling up in my eyes. Hearing about, and experiencing miracles firsthand, and identifying with others after so much heartbreaking alienation... well it's truly awesome, and for the first time in my life (even before my drinking was a problem) I am understanding, really comprehending that my life is worthwhile - and then some. And I'm happy to be alive... yeah, me. This girl that never knew what the heck people were talking about when they said things like that. Now I know better. I believe in myself and I'm so thankful for that.

SOOOOOO many interesting posts yesterday! I took the day off and went to the beach & out to dinner, but I hope to be able to catch up today with all of you. Welcome again to Matt, and our newbies Kim and Tess and lluf! ...hope I haven't missed anyone... Great to have you all with us! Please don't underestimate your worth here, we want you around whether you are flying high, coasting, or not quite in the air yet - still taxiing on the runway, or still building your plane! (Oh dear, this analogy is getting muddy! :lol I'll blame it on too much sun today!)

Hugs to all!
    :h
    Deirdre

Ultimately we know deeply that the other side of every fear is a freedom.
    -Marilyn Ferguson

Day 2

Morning Dierdre, hope your plane is landing safely on the beaches! I'm still in NC on the water and the cravings are gone today, so things are great! Puppy and kitty's and I will be here until we return to Yankee land on the 4th for a few days of work. It really is peaceful which is sometimes exactly what you need. Day 14 here, Day 2 in July. Congrats to all and remember that this month celebrates liberty from chains and oppression in America (no offense to the brits) so perhaps I can use that analogy for myself here when it comes to my relationship with alcohol and myself. Look how well the new relationship between the US and UK has turn out now that their friendly co-existers Stays stong now, only 28 more for 30 or 29 for the month of July!

Comment

Day 2

Hi Everyone...so glad to 'see' you today! You all are amazing people! Keep cruising...maybe we should all daydream about places we'd like our planes to land? hmmm...

We really enjoyed the fireworks last night (Canada Day) and it marked one of those last times our family went out together, before boyfriends and university and growing up blossoms.

Made it through day 1 - not too bad...kept busy. Sounds like I need to get the tapes. My 12 yr old wants to know what my way out is...saw me on a message board which I just don't do. :lol

As far as stress management is concerned, I have asked dh to clean out the old bathtub...I stopped relaxing like that after having to bathe too many squirming kids everynight! Also, taking the Calmes throughout the day seems to help.

Have a geat Day 2 everyone!
      PR

Comment

Day 2

Morning All!

I neglected yesterday to post what parts of the program I was doing. I do them all! I have been on the program for 14 weeks now and have had great success by following the program to the letter. My best advice to all you newbies would be to do just that...follow the program and add to it a whole lot of determination! Quite honestly, I did not find it a difficult thing to do simply because I had EVERYTHING to loose and SO MUCH to gain! Perhaps just knowing that is what drove me, and still drives me today!

It really is up to you how far you want to take it, but the more aspects of the program you incorporate, the more succcess you will have! I wish you all the best of luck as you get started! Really, you CAN do this, and these boards are an amazing source of support. I would not be where I am today without them!

Have a GREAT day all!

Donna

PS I do exercise more than recommended (every day), and I also keep a daily journal!

Comment

Day 2

Good Morning All,
          I'm back on day 2 as at end of june ended up having wine on a few occasions.I'm doing supps(all-one is not as bad as I thought it would be.I mix it with vanilla soy milk and blueberries),kudzo,l-glut,gaba,evening primrose,milk thisle and calms forte when needed (probably a lot this month) I listen to the cds and find them helpful. I guess the only thing I haven't taken is the topomax.I also exercise everyday religiously(have always done that no matter how much I drank).
          So this all sounds so healthy... why then at times do I feel like ingesting something (large quantities of wine) that makes me say things I normally would not say and do things I would not normally do.Then you wake up in the morning feeling like hell. So why do it?????
          I look foward to learning about all you newbies this month and continuing on the journey with those of you I know already here and have grown to appreciate so much.
          This month won't be easy for me as I have a houseful of in-law guests for the whole month.But I'm going to go over the women for sobiety 13 statements every morning and try to stay grounded and strong.
          Janet

Comment

Day 2

Yeah! Made it through day one despite a family party at our house with 30 adults and 14 kids (the oldest 7). I am forever amazed at parents who watch their children engage in aggressive, destructive behavior and just sit there smiling. A four year old had to be taken to the hospital after being hit in the eye by his brother with a shovel!

There was only one fatality, a baby bird who escaped from his nest on our patio, flew into the ceiling fan and was thrown into the window. The frogs must be confused today - the kids spent much of the day moving them from one pond to the other. I suspect they will adjust - home is where the bugs are.

After everyone left and I surveyed the mess, I thought briefly of a "glass" of wine - but settled for a long bath. So today my exercise will be picking up the toys and games scattered over 3 acres and cleaning up. I may also go over and kiss my beautiful and well behaved little grandchildren and my daughter, who is doing an excellent job.

Comment

Day 2

Hello everyone,

This is day two for me and the first time I have started the 30 day program. Made it through yesterday, party and all. It seemed like a long day and night, however.

I'm a little numb. It's been about 24 years since I have gone more than a week without alchohol. I know this because my daughter is 24 years old.

I've incresed my alchohol consumption over the last two years numbing the pain. My husband can be tough on me. He can say some pretty hurtful things. I want to get strong and sober,. Sometimes when my husband verbally attacks me, I drink to ease the pain and when I finally strike back, I cannot always remember everything I said. When I tell him I am going to stop drinking wine, after d ay or two, he will pull out a very expensive bottle of wine from our wine celler and uncork it. He offers me a glass. I always succumb. Maybe he really wants to keep me weak and vunerable.

Thanks for the support. I look forward to a life of living in the moment and facing whatever circumstances arise, SOBER.

Comment

Day 2

Hi everyone. Hope you are all well.

Day7.Day2 July. Things just keep getting better. I got my own L/Top today:happy .Now i can read and post more often :happy :h appyand the kids won't be looking over my shoulder every two mins saying "Are you finished yet mum? Can we get on now?Can we? Can we"?

Well heres to a great July.Looking forwards to every moment.:rollin

Hi to all newbies
                lluf:lol

Comment

Day 2

Good Morning All!
                  What a courageous group we all are!

Deirdre, I am also often in tears reading people's stories of struggle and courage... Yesterday, I was particularly moved when I suddenly had a vision of how so many of us are struggling with alcohol, shame, guilt, despair--and how LONELY we are when we're in the midst of that struggle. I am so incredibly grateful to have found this site so that I can share my struggles (and triumphs!) with others--and feel inspired by theirs.....

And CV, despite having originally been a Brit (now a US citizen), I think the analogy of freedom from oppression is
                  EXACTLY the analogy we can use here....gaining control over alcohol (whether by leaving it behind altogether, or managing to moderate) is definitely a hard won freedom from soul destroying oppression....

Yep, that quote is great--we DO deeply KNOW that on the other side of fear is freedom....we just have to make that leap...and by "just make that leap," I don't by any means intend to make that sound simple--it's not. It takes a great deal of determination and, most importantly (my favorite word) courage!

Donna, thanks for reminding us to take advantage of the many different parts of the program (I'm not doing so great on the exercise thing....so I could definitely use some encouragement on this front...Janet? And I've no idea why we want to put poison into our bodies at the SAME MOMENT that we are feeling so good about ourselves... I often wonder if we are actually AFRAID of feeling good? Afraid of being free?

Happy belated Canada Day, PR--and delegation is a great stress management tool! And, Kris, it sounds like you had a real handful yesterday--good job! And good job on raising your daughter too!

I'm at our weekend place in Vermont (thank god the caterpillars ARE gone....it's rainy but kinda nice...off to an auction in a couple of hours, later on an Independence Day party--there will be wine (probably organic) but in discreet quantities...this is a crowd that is totally into health, environmental issues, organic farming, yoga, spiritual rituals, etc., etc....Drinking too much would definitely be frowned upon...and I won't have any problem at all drinking (organic) fruit juice and herbal tea...plenty of others will be doing the same thing....

Will try to check in later.... (and, remember, we can come here with both our joys AND our troubles...so, if anyone's day is not going as well as hoped for, check in for some support)--

Onwards, upwards--and COURAGE!
                  :P
                  susan

Comment

Day 2

Hello, Iluf!
                    I was still typing when you posted...just wanted to say congrats on getting your own laptop! Now we get to hear from you more often!

hugs, susan

Comment

Day 2

So glad to hear from you today, Tess...and congrats on making it through the party on day 1...I kept thinking of you and wondering how it was going....

Tess, you already ARE strong--you just need to be reminded and supported...and here we are....:d

Keep checking in--
                      hugs, susan

Comment

Day 2

Thank you Sujul,

Your words brought tears to my eyes. Yes, I am strong. Thanks for reminding me.

Comment

Day 2

BRAVO KRIS! WELL DONE! Sorry to hear about that baby bird though!

Tess, it must be very difficult to have your husband speak to you in such a harsh manner and then to go in wave wine under your nose boot. I TRULY admire your courage and your strength! Come here often for support!

Donna

Comment

Day 2

Day2

Hi All,

Just checking in to let you know I'm still here on day 2 (12). I truly can't believe that Tuesday will be 14 days for me. Talk about celebrating independence from tyranny!!

I've definitely noticed things getting better and easier in the evenings as time goes by. I'm hoping and assuming this trend will continue with each new day.

Way to go Tess! You are awesome! All of you are!

Matt

Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery. None but ourselves can free our minds. - Bob Marley

Comment

Day 2

Re: Day2

Matt, all...congrats. Just checking in again.

Tess, stay strong. I know EXACTLY what you are going through so don't let anyone undermine your quest to be your best strong self! Sometimes, they only do that because they're afraid what happens when you become whole and the power balance is even again. Hang tough and just don't take the wine or the bait..

To everyone else...great going to everyone, we'll have even more fun on day 3!

Comment

Working...
                              X