Any one knowledgable about EI in BC?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

pm me...I could use help...I was not releived of my job due to alcohol, thank God, so that is not an issue, but having received my ROE, I am getting the big...well....things are NOT right....and am missing an ROE boss doesn't want to give,
    K
    Striving to live life without ALCOHOL

Keeta,
    Your boss MUST give you your ROE, it is his duty. You go and get in touch with the Ministry and make a complaint. Without your ROE you won't get any money. I am not from BC, but was an Employer in Ontario and ROE is a Federal thing, if I remember correctly. Anyway, call your Ministry and find out what your rights are.
    Wish you all the best
    Lori
    *Definition of Insanity: doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result* Albert Einstein

Comment

morning lori,
      yea, that is what I thought. I am almost 40 and have never had to apply for EI before, but I didn't think he could hold one ROE back for another job I did for him. When he gives me my T-4 it is going to look like "I" was lying to the government. I think I will let the Ministry deal with him. I was just worried about this holding up my $$$ but in the long run, I suppose it will be worth it.
      Thanks for replying,
      K

Comment

Hi Keeta
        He has to provde an ROE within 14 days of the last day of work. What is this "other job" that he is trying to hold up the ROE for?
        Over 4 months AF :h

Comment

Hi Inner,
          My last day worked for my regular 9-5 job, was Nov 30, 07. I worked, on payroll, paid taxes for one month at another of his businesses, before being laid off completely...no ROE for that one...SO...the ROE provided has Nov30 being last day worked, when technically, it was Dec 22...

Comment

what is EI and ROE?
            You can't turn a pickle into a cucumber

Comment

It is the Canadian Employment Insurance and the Record of Employment.
              Trixie, you'll never need one. LOL>
              *Definition of Insanity: doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result* Albert Einstein

Comment

Thanks for clearing up those acronyms, I was wondering too.
                Good luck Keeta
                "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

Working...
                X