2nd Attempt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2nd Attempt

I am embarking on my 2nd AF attempt of the New Year. The first one was derailed by peoples pessimism, even though I had all the self-confidence I needed, or so I thought. This time I'm adding Campral to my toolbox. I just now started it. Hopefully, even if people do get me down, I won't at least want to drink...
    Funny thing: When I went to have the Rx filled this morning I decided to buy a case and have a celebration before I returned to get the meds! Is that crazy? Probably not for many of us. I drank like a fish today. Probably more than I ever have because it was a true celebration, right?
    Tonight I'm paying for it...Body feels distressed, like I might have an episode if I'm not careful. Crazy life.
    I sincerely hope I can get at least 5 days in. I've forgotten when the last time I felt really healthy was and I never will be again unless I lay off.

2nd Attempt

I think you'll find most of us have had that once last celebration. But take care of yourself, keep reading, keep posting, stay away from anyone who doesn't support you.
    You'll have encouragement and support right here. Welcome and good luck. You can do it!

Comment

2nd Attempt

Good luck with your second attempt we all routing for you

Sweetpea xx
      :flower: Keep strong and focused things do get better and you will find your happy :h

Comment

2nd Attempt

My first few days AF some of my old drinking buddies were definatley less than supportive. they called me every day of like my first 4 days wanting me to come drink with them. I don't think they would've persisted as long but they were broke and wanted someone to join them and bankroll their continued drinking. Other people wouls kind of laugh it off when I told them I wanted to stop...like I'm some kind of joke or something. Those first few days are hard enough without other people doing stuff like that, aren't they? Forget those people though, what do they know? Once you've been AF for a few days it helps because you start to see you're actually accomplishing a very important (and personal) goal. It can be a source of inner strength and optimism that you'll find others can't take away from you. Thats how its going for me so far, I'm hoping you'll find the same. I'm still running into people and situations that used to get me down, used to send me running to the bottle with my tail between my legs. Only now I feel like I'm gaining momentum, and I'm going to smash anything that attempts to derail me. Its a good feeling...it may hurt a bit to move from being maybe a little vunerable to a position of strength but its worth it. We just have to keep in mind that a position of strenght dosen't make us invincible. Good luck!

Comment

2nd Attempt

Robenzo72, I've had several day 1AFs since starting here in November. What I am focusing on is the fact that I've had over 30+ days of AF since November. Which I consider awesome.

The only support I have is this website. I don't need anything more. Unconditional, non-judgmental support. I'm looking to find me too. And I will, without the help of my obnoxious sister and my brother who sexually abused me as a kid. Just decided, as I was typing this that I can't use these as excuses any more. I need to step up to the plate take control.

My best to you. We can do it.

Comment

2nd Attempt

Robenzo, Good morning! It's day 1 AF, right? I'm sorry people around you haven't been supportive, but the people here will be.....just stick around here as much as you can. Take care of yourself today, and remember that all you need is to believe in yourself. You can show those other people their pessimism was unfounded. You can do this! Look forward to hearing from you again.

Comment

2nd Attempt

Hey, robenzo~

Day ONE!. I think we have all had our fair share of 2nd attempts. You never know which one will stick, really, so never, ever give up.

Stay close over the next few days and take care of yourself.

Namaste,

MM
              Face your deficiencies and acknowledge them, but do not let them master you. Let them teach you patience, sweetness, insight.

Comment

2nd Attempt

Hi Robenzo
                Come on think of all the good things not hitting the bottle, good health, no hangover, good relationships, no embarressment!! Says me im only on day 4 and even though i feel quite crap today i have nothing extra to be anxious about that i have done. Not good mates if they dont understand what your going through,you have friends on here to help you get there. 2nd attempt oh well this can be the one that takes you on the right journey. Keep at it we can all do this together

Take care of yourself, thats the one we all have to prove it to first x

Comment

Working...
                X