Newbies in need ODAT- Tuesday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hahahah I beat everyone! Its 12:30 am and I'm awake. Not for any reason, just woke up. I guess it didn't help that I fell asleep at 8:30pm! Couldn't keep my eyes open.

Well I managed another day AF but last night it was hard. I would have folded in an instant had anybody asked me out. As 30 days gets closer I have one problem coming up. PMS! Before I ever joined MWO I kept an AL tracker and there was a definate increase in consumption and binging. I'll have to keep the M&M's close, take more B vits and see how it goes. If anyone has a suggestions I'd sure like them. And let me apologize to all the male Newbies who have to read this.

So here I am. 1-15-08 and I have only consumed once in all these days...............I never would have thought..........and I owe it all to you guys. Thanks, really, thanks.

Good for you, FinallyRN. It's really difficult to gauge when AL is going to appear and try to screw things up, Good for you for saying no!

Today is day 2 AF after my horrendous weekend. Love the fact that my sister only calls me on my cell, God forbid she would call on my land line and pay for it. Oops, forgot to take to take my cell to work yesterday. Still can;t figure out how to get my messages. 11 messages. Oops, think I'll forget it today too!

To all who visit FinallyRNs ODAT post today, best wishes.

Comment

Well done RN you are coping far far better than I am. I will have to start keeping a tracker and see if I can find any other triggers that I am not conscious of

Every one else good luck and loads of support in your endeavors today

LOL Sweetpea xx
      :flower: Keep strong and focused things do get better and you will find your happy :h

Comment

hey all, another af day under my belt, it feels good though i didn't sleep well last night, heard every little thing in this old house mice, furnace, water pump.....plus am having heat anxiety....low on oil, delivery due thursday when the check comes....finally got up at 4 you know maybe i should try and do something about anxiety....because i know it builds up then pow i drink a bottle+ of wine i try to exercise and breathe b vitamins etc.... great on you RN way to go!!!!!
        rudemama

Comment

hi suki and sweet pea i guess we were posting at the same time....suki if you move out to the western part of the state there is no cell coverage...just a thought ... rudemama

Comment

Good thought, rudemama, but that would make me closer to my sister!

Comment

Hi everyone

What a great start to the ODAT thread, thank you FinallyRN. On Day 15 and half way through the month. Had drinking thoughts last night but thankfully got through it. Because I did not get 30 days AF in December I'm determined to do it this month. Off now to fill in the 0 in my drink tracker!! Have a good Tuesday everyone.

Rustop

Comment

Morning all
                Sound like everyone is "on track" with their goals and doing well avoiding those detours in the road to sobriety. Working on (not successfully) weening myself from this chocolate craving.....I am running for that bag of M&M's after dinner...just as aggresivley as I was when looking for that first taste of evening booze....seems I can't do anything in moderation!!!!....Hoping everyone has a good day..
                sobriety date 11-04-07

Comment

Thanks Finally RN for starting the thread.......

Yesterday was a rough day for me - I'm having such a hard time beating down these emotions - frankly, it's pissing me off - I thought I was stronger than that - love really does suck! I guess this just isn't going to be my month- but I can still be thankful as I have had more AF days since joining here in November than I would have thought, and I owe that all to you guys. My consumption has really slowed down.........I know it's an excuse but reality for me; until my emotions get a little bit in check, or at least until I have a clue as to what the heck is happening in my relationship I will probably have a bit of a rough time abstaining completely - so my goal for now? AF day here.....AF day there......more AF days in Jan than not........and then move on.......

Congrats to all of you who are doing so well - Rustop, RN, Charlee, Rudemama - awesome job guys!

Thanks guys - hope everyone has a great day!
                  Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.
                  :h

Comment

good morning!

Hi all, thanks finally RN for starting the thread today.............I am working (not 100% successful either) on AF month, so far more AF than Mod, but as long as if I give in I keep it moderate, I don't feel so badly

WOW, I just read all my emails here at work, and learned that 1/25-26 I am traveling to Dallas for a meeting, then 1/31-2/2 to Las Vegas, then 2/9-2/10 to Miami..................I am going to be the "travelin' fool" for a while, it seems this happens the first months of every year..............last year was the same, except we went to Minnesota and ended up staying an entire week due to weather, hope we don't have many weather problems this year! Traveling is always a challenge to me when it comes to drinking, so I will be asking for lots of thoughts and support prior to leaving for each and every trip

Everyone here, and those to check in later, congrats on whatever your goal may be ODAT, and take it easy, I will check in often, as I have a rather light day (AGAIN!!)

Love and hugs!!!!:h :l

MA
                    :rays:My happiness is my greatest gift to others:rays:eace:

Comment

Good Morning & Happy Tuesday !

FinallyRN, thanks for starting the thread. 12:30 am I was out like a light. Great job on staying AF last night. January is going so good for you. As to the PMS, the best thing for that is aerobic exercise :baaah: just get moving and get that heart rate up for 30 to 40 minutes. You will feel great.

Suki, good for you for staying AF last night, and don't you just hate it when you forget your cell phone or forget to turn it on :H

Sweetpea, hang in there, today is a brand new day.

Hi rudemama, at least you know everything in your house is working, on the expense of lost sleep. Good idea on the exercise......get lots of it and take those B-vitamins which are very good for you. Hopefully, you will get a good night sleep tonight.

Rustop, I'm going for 31 days this month, heck with 30. We can do it and we will.

Charlee, since I have not been drinking wine at night, after my dinner I always have a peice of dark chocolate or an dark chocolate after mint. It's my treat ! Now I can become a chocaholic

Anway Monday's seem to be pretty easy anymore. I just wake up and know that I'm not drinking. Same with tonight. Have a great day everyone, and wish you all AF success tonight.
                      Miss October :blinkylove:

Comment

Uni

Universal, I have been there, done that....................you can't help sometimes drinking over feelings, esp when they are hurt sooooooooooo badly, just had a bout of that crap before Thanksgiving or so, you were right there to support me, so if there is anything I can do to help you, I will.................I feel for you, cuz I thought there would be no end to the hurt.............WELL, it is still there, but I see the buthead for what he is, NOT WORTH IT!!!!
                        Please just keep talking about it like you are, pm me ANY TIME!! This too, shall pass(I know that sounds corney, but it is true, time heals all wounds, another corney saying..............but TRUE!):H

I love you and you will be ok, you ARE at least looking at the positive, which I was totally unable to see..........I almost lost my sanity (well, sort-of did) over my problems...............

HUGS!!!!!! BIG ONES!!!!:l :l

MA
                        :rays:My happiness is my greatest gift to others:rays:eace:

Comment

Hi Everyone: It seems like everyone is doing well w/either mod or abs...whatever your goal. Yes, the drinking thoughts hit every once in a while, but they are pretty weak-willed, & all I have to do is look out the window or pet my dog & they go away. So, as time goes on the sober life starts to feel normal...instead of like a huge effort. Also, I'm looking at how I'm handling all the difficulties that life throws our way...it's so much easier sober. I don't know how I did so much either under the influence or w/a hangover: driving, babysitting, cooking, entertaining, discussing, etc. How did I do it? If I have to give up alcohol in order to gain this much peace of mind, then so be it! Take care everyone. Love, Mary
                          Wisdom, Courage, Strength
                          October 3, 2012

Comment

Hi All,

My attitude at this point is much like Cowgal. I am not trying to put a number of days on being AF, though a majority of the time is my goal. I don't think I will ever be a moderate drinker like normal folks, but for now while I am working on a mostly AF lifestyle, I will take a moderate night of drinking in stride.

I know I have to be careful as it can slip right back on me, but I am trying to avoid the whole beating yourself to death thing over the slips. I know slips will happen and for now as AF becomes more the norm for me I will start setting more strict goals. I have just done this too many times and know that if I only think in terms of "I can never have another drink" I am setting myself up for failure.

I am doing some of the supps and the abstinent cd. Hugs to all and thanks for your support.

-GC

Comment

Hi All,

My attitude at this point is much like Cowgal. I am not trying to put a number of days on being AF, though a majority of the time is my goal. I don't think I will ever be a moderate drinker like normal folks, but for now while I am working on a mostly AF lifestyle, I will take a moderate night of drinking in stride.

I know I have to be careful as it can slip right back on me, but I am trying to avoid the whole beating yourself to death thing over the slips. I know slips will happen and for now as AF becomes more the norm for me I will start setting more strict goals. I have just done this too many times and know that if I only think in terms of "I can never have another drink" I am setting myself up for failure.

I am doing some of the supps and the abstinent cd. Hugs to all and thanks for your support.

-GC
                              "If you want to change, then change." -Blonde Chic from LOST

Comment

Working...
                              X