Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies in need ODAT - Wednesday

Hi all

After last week's faux pas with the wrong day (doh!) I have to check the diary now before starting this thread!!

I am convinced it is Wednesday today though! ....and another busy one. Two dangerous nights coming up - hubby is away and I will be very busy during the day. So, usual habit is to 'reward' myself with a bottle (plus whatever I end up drinking after that cos 1 bottle isn't enough.....:upset: ) However, I am actually looking forward to 2 AF nights, early to bed, time to myself. It's no longer a struggle to see these nights as AF. Another improvement in the attitude towards Al. I'll be checking in tonight with my cup of tea or glass of water. Maybe see you then. Might even dive into chat.....!!

Wishing you all a good day whatever you are doing.

Bessie xx

Thanks Bessie

Well done on the attitude change. Now I have got over my Christmas blip I am beginning to notice that I also have started to think differently again. I think being able to read and post regularly is really benefiting me tremendously

Hope you and everyone else has a great day.

Sweetpea LOL XX
    :flower: Keep strong and focused things do get better and you will find your happy :h

Comment

Nice to hear it gets easier, look forward to looking forward to AF nights. Its 4:30 AM here, day 2 AF after a slip. Wide awake and didnt sleep one wink last night. At midnight so wanted to cave in, figured if I was up, might as well be drinking. I actually considered the consequenses and didnt.

Have a Great Wednesday everyone....
      This is no longer a drinking problem...it's a matter of Life or Death!!!

Comment

Hi everyone

Well done Lookingforhope. It is hard there is no denying that, especially in the early days. However, it does get easier. I remember when I started, getting a few AF days was a real struggle. Now I'm stringing 30 together at a time. I have found though that if I get too cocky and dont bother logging in, reading etc. its very easy to slip into old habits. It took years to get to where I was, now I'm on the reverse journey!!

Have a great Wednesday everyone

Rustop

Comment

Hi Bessie, Rustop, Looking, Sweatpea and all to follow......

It's funny, I find that the more AF days I accumulate, the harder it is to deal with the "hangover" the next day when I do slip. Probably because for so long I was so used to waking up feeling like CRAP that I didn't notice it as much - just part of the daily routine. Now with 25+ AF days under my belt since November (not consecutive but still an accomplishment for me) I am finding that drinking is a whole lot harder on my body - I am getting used to the feeling of sleeping, waking up refreshed and not having a hangover - it is such a great feeling! Seems to make the hangovers worse when I do cave and have a drink - don't like that feeling so going to keep trying to string more AF days together.

Tonight is the night of my dinner with the BF - we talked a bit last night - he is a confused little puppy - not about me, wants to be with me but wow, he has some really deep seeded commitment and insecurity fears.......I'm hoping that he will continue to open up to me and maybe go see someone who can help him with these fears. We shall see, time will tell. But for me? I'm going to stay strong - today is day 2. And since I like sleeping and feeling good in the am, I am NOT going to drink today. No matter what........no wine with dinner tonight - thinking water with lemon is a good choice - healthier too!

I hope everyone has a great day today! I'll check in later.

Love and Hugs,
          Uni
          Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.
          :h

Comment

Hi Rustop, Bessie, Universal, Sweetpea and Looking for Hope, and all ODATers to come.

I had a bad day at work yesterday, so I drank a small bottle of wine last night. I thought about more but made myself go to bed after that. What a letdown. Why do I let it affect me like that? Maybe what you say Rustop, I'm on the reverse journey too, geez I just have to believe that. I want to string my af days together and see my progress. OK day 1 and I'll keep on plugging. :h
            The more we appreciate life, the more life appreciates and bestows us with more goodness.

Comment

hey all,
              i slept great although my kids put me through the ringer at bed time. i got oil so am ready for the cold snap. i am with you all on the attitude change by having more af days than drunk days. you feel great you know you can get things done. you are on top of the game. i am on day 5. i like being available for my kids, but last night when the s*** was hitting the fan i thought to myself gee its not so bad to be numbly doing dishes and feng shuing my kitchen instead of listening to this crap and trying to arbitrate it. hey but that is life.
              love you all
              stay strong uni a friend once told me when i was going through similiar stuff its kind of metaphorical so i hope it is not too much at this time of the day he said, you plant a garden a beautiful garden then birds and butterflies will come....it helped me peace and gracias rudemama

Comment

Thanks Rudemama - I like that saying.........I am going to write it down and put it on my bulletin board at work........
                Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.
                :h

Comment

Morning all
                  Sounds like everyone is plugging along, with a good attitude, working towards their goals, whether it be abs or mods. I am noticing a very positive mindset on this thread. Keep on stringing those days together, if there is a bump in the road, remember it is a process and we will all get to where we want to be by taking it just ODAT....
                  sobriety date 11-04-07

Comment

wednesday

Good morning all, thanks Rudemama, I like that saying also Seems like this is an active thread this AM, I am at work, have another busy day...............

Drank a few beers last night, this boredom stuff has got me, can't wait to go back to the gym, etc..................had physical therapy, but that was not much like the workouts I was used to...............BUT I have to realize I just had MAJOR surgery, the physical therapist is amazed at my determination..............I am doing "really great for not even 3 weeks post-op"...............I just want to be back in shape YESTERDAY! That is just my perfectionism screaming out!!

Time, it just takes time..............like this battle w/ al...........the longer(time) I stay away, the easier it seems to get.................

Day 1 again for me too.................

love you all, hugs...........:l

MA
                    :rays:My happiness is my greatest gift to others:rays:eace:

Comment

My husband being out was a huge trigger for me...not so now. I used to make a trip to the liquor store the minute he was out of the driveway. Then drink, drink, drink. That's not what I want to be doing anymore. I can be alone now & not drink. I never thought I could say that. In the past, I would almost panic if I had time by myself. Keep well everyone. Mary
                      Wisdom, Courage, Strength
                      October 3, 2012

Comment

Good Morning All,

Just a quick check in today to say Hi. Good luck everyone for an AF day/night. It's well worth it when you wake up the next day :rays:
                        Miss October :blinkylove:

Comment

Hi All

I started out with you on January 1 planning on doing 30 days, but have decided to drink several times, and except for one time, don't really regret it. I am learning what my triggers are and am satisfied that I've been able to drink moderately when I've made the choice to drink.

However I am intent on "stringing together more days" and today would be a Day 4 AF, which is a hump I've not gotten over yet. I feel fairly confident I will succeed.

I find you all an amazing support group. Kind of wish I were more "in the loop" but the ODATers seem to be more of a morning check in group, and I tend to check in after supper. Anyone aware of threads with folks more active in the evening? I'm not much of a live chatter.

Thanks for all the positive energy on this thread!

G

Comment

Hi all: It's day 3 for me. had SUCH a hard time getting started!!! I feel a little off kilter, but wow, read last night and can remember everything, watched DVD of "30 Rock" and remember all that too .. woke up and didn't feel totally shitty .. wow!!! I still look like hell, my skin, etc., but hope that will improve. Have been going to the Y.
                            Ask: welcome, sounds like you are doing well!!:welcome:
                            Cowgal: good for you on your determination. wish I was in any semblance of shape :H
                            Hi Looking !!! we are going to be strong on our AF ... yippee!
                            Univ: good luck on the BF dinner
                            everyone else have a good day, gotta run, am at work
                            :boxer: Get the hell out of my house, Al, you worthless bastard!!

Comment

Thanks, Bessie, and good morning all. My husband is flying out at 7 a.m. tomorrow to L.A. for depositions (pre-trial client interviews) and won't be back until Monday. I had not even thought about having an opportunity to drink---UNBELIEVABLE; it would formerly have been the first thing I'd plan. As it is (Day 15 and damned proud) I'm planning a dinner out with Baby Jane (her last year at home so I'm cramming in the Mommy Moments) and a big clean-out of our closets, and a Sunday evening get-together with 3 friends with whom I meet and cook sporadically. We'll try out some new recipes, make a mess, and then eat...they'll have wine, but not me.
                              Jane Jane

Comment

Working...
                              X