question re B vitamins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

question re B vitamins

I know it's on here somewhere, but I can't find the right info. I've seen people recommending Vitamin B. Went to the store, but was confused by the choices - B6,
    B12, B-Complex (that looked like it had a whole bunch of other things besides either of the Bs??). any help welcome :thanks:
    PS: my cat is obsessed with my MWO supps. He keeps nosing at the bottles and knocking them off the table. particularly the I-Glut .. one time he actually got the top off. I thought he might have consumed one, and was worried to death ... but he only seemed extra healthy and shiny .. :H :H
    :boxer: Get the hell out of my house, Al, you worthless bastard!!

question re B vitamins

B-vits

I'm certainly not an expert, but from what I've learned, all the B vitamins are important, especially for the alcohol dependent, as alcohol interferes with the absorption of these vitamins, which only magnifies the stress, withdrawal, and staying away from the booze. The B vitamins support the nervous and immune systems.

They can only help us alchies, and I would only purchase name brands, or what is suggested or sold by this website. You can buy "stress vitamins", which are mainly B vitamins , and I wouldn't worry if they contain other ingredients because they usually support the B-vits.

jimbo

Comment

question re B vitamins

I would take a full B complex. I take the B-50 from the health store here. All of the B vitamins are really important, esp. for drinkers like Jimbo said.
      I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

question re B vitamins

I have heard that either B-6 or B-12 (cannot remember which) is also really good for women who have horrible PMS.
        Goal 1: Today
        Goal 2: Tomorrow

Comment

question re B vitamins

Hi Dex,

You want to take B-Complex. That has all the B-Vitamins in it. Your B vitamins are water-soluble, so you don't have to worry about taking too much. People who conusme alot of alcohol, are usually deficient in these vitamins, so start popping down the B-complex. If you "google" B-Complex, you will see how good these important vitamins are for you.
          Miss October :blinkylove:

Comment

question re B vitamins

Hey guys - if you are taking a multivitamin that has 100% daily vaule of B1, B2, B6 and B12
            should you take the additional B-Complex? If so, do you know why?

Thanks.
            Alcohol is simply the device between success and failure.

Comment

question re B vitamins

All the B vitamins complement each other. Taking just one, like B1, in large doses and over a period of time, can deplete the other B vitamins, so it's best to take a B-complex supplement, like B-50 or B-100. They are water soluble, so you don't have to worry about taking too much. Personally, I think taking B complex is one of the most important things you can do to get rid of the after effects of alcohol, and if you're really deficient, you'll notice a big improvement in mood. Always take it/them with food.

Comment

question re B vitamins

thanks guys -- this helps a lot!! The vitamin aisle can be confusing ...
                :boxer: Get the hell out of my house, Al, you worthless bastard!!

Comment

question re B vitamins

dexterhead;256479 wrote: thanks guys -- this helps a lot!! The vitamin aisle can be confusing ...
                  hey dex all the b vitamins are very important for good health and well being.
                  B6 and B12 being at the top of the list. they are antioxidants and your brain needs them to be happy.
                  when you drink you deplete these immensely. they are like C which you have to continuously take. I have noticed such a great difference in the way I handle stress, and I mean NYC stress. after 10 months of religiously taking them, I finally see a great difference.

your kitty is telling you something.

Trix:h
                  You can't turn a pickle into a cucumber

Comment

Working...
                  X