Day 8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day 8

Thanks guys and girls, am now just starting day 8 and feeling good!!!

lilnev, well done on day six. that is awesome and don't worry there is noooo way you are catching me up. Am feeling too happy!!!! But you make sure you stay only one day behind!!!!!

Day 8

Hi,

Good for you! I'll bet you feel wonderful! What is your secret? Tell us how you are doing it.

-GTC
    "If you want to change, then change." -Blonde Chic from LOST

Comment

Day 8

Hi Gottachange, you guys are doing it for me with all your support. Makes a big difference having people around who understand.

Aside from that I am just trying to think positive and to keep busy. Lots and lots of walking seems to help!!!!

Comment

Day 8

Great job on day 8 AF. Keep up with posting on this site and walking. Your method seems to be working for you!
        September 23, 2011

Comment

Day 8

Hi One - Day 8 for me too.... I'm just about 9 hours behind you in time zones so technically you're ahead.

Are you at all anxious? I feel great and am very happy, but there is a part of my brain that keeps looking back for that monster that has chased me for so long. I don't see him anywhere, but I don't want to let myself get too cocky.

I physically feel great and have been sleeping well and am so proud of myself. Finally.

Looking forward to double-digit counts!
          Member since January 2008
          AF since August 25, 2008

Comment

Day 8

Hi tired

Hi Tired, congrats on day 8 that is wonderful. I know what you mean about being anxious about getting cocky. After all although we may be feeling great it is still early days for us both.

I think it is important to believe that we are going to succeed and anxiety can only undermine this. It is exhausting to be living in fear of the next slip.

One thing I have noticed on this forum is how kind people can be to others and how hard the very same people can be on themselves. I think that is an effect of the disease. Our self esteem gets destroyed to the point where we don't really believe in ourselves anymore and we almost are afraid to think positive in case we are just setting ourselves up for a humiliating fall. This is self defeating as it leads to self doubt. So I say be proud of what you have achieved, even be a bit cocky now and again but just don't be complacent and if we do slip then we will just have to try even harder next time !!!!

Comment

Day 8

Hello,

Great Job on day 8 and 9! Day five here...I am on your heals, I had to reply becasuse I made it to day 9 a week ago and then I did get cocky! I though I could drink one wchich led to many over a few days. But I am back at it..please stay ahead of me for inspiration!
              "I've done it. I don't need to drink anymore. I'm free!"-Jason Vale

Comment

Day 8

A well timed warning to us cmhguy3!!!! Well done on day 5. keep up the good work!!!!

Comment

Working...
                X