Thank You

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank You

Day 3 for me AF. I very rarely go 3 days and havent gone 4 days in at least 15 years. But I will be after tonight, I have found this site very helpful, just by reading many of your posts. I FEEL GREAT TODAY. I know I wont stay AF forever, but if I can get to the stage where i dont have to drink EVERYDAY I would be happy

My ultimate goal would be to have an ocasional drink at social occasions. AF forever terrifies me. But the way I HAVE BEEN DRINKING LATELY SCARES ME A LOT MORE. I plan to stay AF this weekend..... Wish me luck :thanks: :new:

Thank You

Well Done

Well done Damo, that is really good news. Keep at it!!!!!:goodjob:

Comment

Thank You

Congratulations on day 3 Damo! Take one day at a time. Try not to look to far into the future. I understand the idea of not being able to drink is scary. Try to get that thought out of your mind and live each day as it comes.
      September 23, 2011

Comment

Thank You

Damo- I totally understand your fear of NEVER having another one~ I'm not at the point yet where I'm considering myself as alcohol free... hopefully, I'll get there.

For me, I'm simply "not drinking" right now. That may sound like a mind game, but if I told myself that I could never have another drink, I'd have to crack one open in order to prove to myself that I can handle my booze.

Stop by over the weekend~ lots of us will be here!

Patty
        Tampa, FL

Comment

Thank You

:welcome: Damo. M.W.O. Is a great place to get a start on better living.
          Day three you say. (WOW) & congradulations thats one of the toughest day's for most people. ( Me included). :goodjob: Just a few weaks ago I could of never believed I'de be AF for more than about 8 hours, I would of had to been sleeping or working to do that. Somehow I managed to never drink at work. If I wanted to drink I just didn't show up, (this happened quite regularly). Good thing the bosses have a good sense of humor. Lol. Today i'm on day 25, going strong & feeling good, something I havn't done in 20t years. Some day's have been tough, but I must give credit were credit is do. Im doing the full meal deal here at M.W.O Book, Suppliments, C.D's, & comunity. (no percriptions though). I no for a fact I wouldn't of done it on my own.(Tried lots of times, 1-2 day's top's). With this help my craving's have been very minimal & short lived. I'de highly recomend it. You've come to the right place.:rockon:
          P.S. I only found this site 27 days ago & havn't looked back.
          All the best
          K.F.
          There's more to life than success. The greatest success is living well.

Comment

Thank You

Congrats on the three days Damo!!! You are in the hardest part for the first week or so. Congrats to you K.F. for 25 days. The program helps a lot. I understand the idea of never having a drink being too much to swallow. I felt that way for years. Then I realized even though I am not drinking today, nothing is keeping me from deciding to drink tomorrow. I always have the ability to have a drink, but I know it will not be good for me so I don't drink today. Believe me I have on many occasions exercised that right of making a poor decision. We are all human and no one is guaranteed a life AF. I think if you want to moderate you should give it a shot after 30 days or so AF. I tried and I could not do it; but many on this site have been successful. I wish you both the best

bear
            What St. Frances of Assisi said of himself is true for me.
            ?If God can work through me He can work through anybody.?

Comment

Thank You

Yes. Yes. Yes. These guys are so right. You can't think in terms of forever, next week or even tomorrow sometimes. Just get through the moment. Before you know it you will look back and be astonished and what yo have accomplished.

Congrats on day three. You have some bumpy roads ahead. I only say that because you will and I want you to be ready for them. We all had them and still do. It is perfectly normal and expected. Make sure to read and post often. Also, chatting sometimes helps as well. I will warn you though, there are some nutters in there-myself included. LOL

:welcome: :goodjob:

-GTC
              "If you want to change, then change." -Blonde Chic from LOST

Comment

Thank You

Damo - that's brilliant.

Interesting what you say about not drinking terrifying you! That same thought initially depressed me, rather than terrified me, but it does get easier to handle and doesn't seem such a threat as you get more and more days AF. And as MD Biker said, think about just today. Tomorrow could be a drinking day but today won't be. Plan each day to avoid drink and it will get easier and you learn so much about what makes you drink and why and all that stuff. I'm nowhere near 30 days straight - I have days where I drink after a few days AF but they are better, much better, than the drinking days I had (like every day!) before I came here. Do what works for you. You are already doing so well.

Bessie x

Comment

Thank You

Many thanks for your kind words and advice, I didnt drink yesterday, so its day 4 for me now. I usually have a lot of beer on friday nights, but wont be tonight. My wife usually has a glass of wine on fridays and saturdays, but she always only has 1 or 2 glasses where as I would have 8 X 500ml cans of beer along with my 2 sneaky pints when I slip out to get a take away.
                  But tonight, I am bringing my 7 yr old son to the video store with me for a movie and get pizza on the way back ( my son always asks can he come with me when I go out, but I always think of an excuse for him not to so I can slip into my local pub for 2 quick beers, I feel guilty over this) but not tonight, I rang him today to tell him we were going to the video store as a treat and bring him for pizza also, he was thrilled...

Hopefully this will continue,,, although I am looking forward to tonight, I am also a little edgy knowing I wont be having a beer, It is at least 15 years since I didnt drink on a friday night, you could saturdays and sundays onto that.

Thanks for listening,

Damo in rainy Ireland.

Comment

Thank You

This is pretty encouraging to me. I am, right now, trying to set a goal of going AF for X number of days. The X is indicating that I cannot make up my mind about how much I can bite off for my first goal. Stay tuned.

Comment

Thank You

DAMO;257008 wrote: Many thanks for your kind words and advice, I didnt drink yesterday, so its day 4 for me now. I usually have a lot of beer on friday nights, but wont be tonight. My wife usually has a glass of wine on fridays and saturdays, but she always only has 1 or 2 glasses where as I would have 8 X 500ml cans of beer along with my 2 sneaky pints when I slip out to get a take away.
                      But tonight, I am bringing my 7 yr old son to the video store with me for a movie and get pizza on the way back ( my son always asks can he come with me when I go out, but I always think of an excuse for him not to so I can slip into my local pub for 2 quick beers, I feel guilty over this) but not tonight, I rang him today to tell him we were going to the video store as a treat and bring him for pizza also, he was thrilled...

Hopefully this will continue,,, although I am looking forward to tonight, I am also a little edgy knowing I wont be having a beer, It is at least 15 years since I didnt drink on a friday night, you could saturdays and sundays onto that.

Thanks for listening,

Damo in rainy Ireland.
                      Damo, that is a fabulous post, you must feel really proud of yourself ......... and so you should .......:l :l :l
                      sigpicXXX

Comment

Working...
                      X