Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies in need - ODAT - Friday

Hi all.

Just starting my crutch of a thread!!.... Feeling a bit exhausted today - generally overdoing it I think. Hit a brick wall last night and slumped on the sofa watching a movie (The Painted Veil - I cried so hard at the end!! Soft tart that I am!) The place is a bit of a tip today - empty glasses on the floor etc. BUT ...NO empty wine glasses, NO empty bottles of wine!! Yahay! That would so have been the picture before now ("I'm tired, I'll relax and have a drink, I deserve it - ie bottle of wine at least) but I wasn't even tempted. I had a girlie lunch in town and we just "had" to have a glass of champagne to toast the birthday girl. I held it for a while, put it down and left it. EEEEEASY!!!! I am so thankful for these days that are easy. They are getting more frequent. There are still days that are a struggle ...... but they are getting less. And there are days when I give in too - but even they are relatively easy to moderate. I just have to remember always that I am certain that I cannot let my guard down yet. It would be too easy to slip back.

So, really just trying to say to any newbies that there is hope and it will get better. The pleasure of surprising yourself with these new discoveries about your habits and your strengths along the way is immense.

Tonight could be a challenge. Hubby home from a trip and we 'traditionally' have a nice meal and bottles of wine. However, some Nigel from British Airways has dumped his aircraft at the end of the runway at Heathrow so that might delay hubby and I can be in bed when he gets back. Oh, I didn't mean it like that! :blush: I mean I can avoid the challenge of the dinner and wine!

Sorry for such a long post. I'm not dashing about as usual this morning - got more time to type!!

Love to all to come. Look forward to hearing how you are all getting on. However you are doing, please post. Especially if you are not doing as well as you want. That is exactly the time to post - not stay away.

Bessie xxx

Good morning Bessie. What a fabulous picture of you and your horse! Glad to her that you are doing so well. What an inspiration to all of us.

You're right about posting when you aren't doing so well My sister called last saturday, got into a snit, haven't spoken with her since. So much for support. Got the papers from the lawsuit where my "friends", the real estate agents who sold me mother's condo are suing me because they want a larger commission. Didn't go in to work for 2 days, one because I had been drinking, one because I just stayed in bed crying. Got into a bit of trouble at work, but basically, they are so supportive. So now starting my 3rd day AF.

I had stayed away from MWO for a while. but glad I'm back.

Hope all ODATers who visit today are doing as well as our Bessie. Oh heard about the plane going off the runway, hope hubby gets home safe and sound!

Comment

Hi Bessie, Suki and all to come

Thanks for such an uplifting post Bessie. You seem to be in a good place at the moment. Suki, hang in there. You have so much happening at the moment but as I think its Mary says, it too shall pass. Like the alcohol issue take it one day at a time. Well done on Day 3. Maybe go back and count all the AF days since you joined. That can be a real boost, especially if you compare it to where you were before joining MWO.

All other newbies and oldies have a great week-end and keep posting and letting us know how you are getting on.

Rustop

Comment

Sorry to hear about all that sh*t hitting the fan Suki. Think Rustop's idea is a great one. Look on the positive side. 3 days AF with all this stuff happening around you is REALLY good going. :goodjob: Make sure you post often - I love reading your posts. Always so friendly.

Thanks Rustop - I am in a good place. Need to stay there too. Only too aware that things can change in a heartbeat so making the most of the good time and positive thoughts and really trying to burn those feelings and thoughts into the bit of my brain that deals with Al...

All and any of my success is down to this site and everyone on it - I really can't thank everybody enough. :thanks: :l :l

Bessie xx

Comment

hello all,
          well i always start with t he weather....rainy...
          ok thats over
          suki glad you posted today i know you lurk around when you don't post i miss you but thats me and my needs...:l take care of yourself... i do know what it means to feel like crap though it is heavy and relentless...
          bessie you sound so in control:goodjob:
          hi rustop
          i have had more af days this month than I have had since early summer it feels good i feel better. i feel i am out of the bottle/night coping mechanism habit, which is good, and i will take that for now.
          well i guess there is no snowday so i better get moving
          love you all
          rudemama

Comment

Rude, Rust and Bessie, a big thanks for your kind word of support. Can't tell you how good it feels to make a cup of tension tamer tea, get back into bed for a bit of calm time, get my supplements ready for the day and get online. Thanks for being here for me and everyone else! :thanks: :h :h :h

Comment

good morning!

Thanks Bessie for starting the thread today:thanks: You are so positive and such an ispiration to me!

suki, you are so strong to not give in to Al w/ all the SH*T you are dealing with right now..............just hang in there and keep close and post often, let us know how you are doing..............

I have not had an af day for a while,just cannot get motivated, hubby drinking like a fish again, only have had 1 BAD day w/ him when he got really beligerent and "ugly", STILL hasn't done anything he promised to do to avoid the divorce decision He said he'd slow down and not drink the whole month of Jan, it is the 18th and he is still going strong!!?? Said he would start an exercise program and try to lose weight (he is EXTREMELY overweight with the biggest beer-gut I have seen.........TOTALLY not attractive!!):eeew:

Anyway, another boring but stressful day here w/ the co-workers from HE*L...........THANK GOD
              I can shut myself away in my office, stay warm and avoid conflict.......

Love and hugs,

MA
              :rays:My happiness is my greatest gift to others:rays:eace:

Comment

Morning all
                Bessie thank you for this mornings thread, and kudos to you for putting that champagne glass back on the table!!!

Suki, please don't stay way..it's a great place to vent, and you know you have our support

Rustop, sounds like you are doing well...so right about "this to shall pass"....it does

Rudemama, I never thought I could break that "night time habit"....I amazed myself!!

Cowgal..hang in there and keep letting us know how things are going for you

Hope you all have a good weekend.
                sobriety date 11-04-07

Comment

Hi everybody, you are all an inspiration to me. I'm doing ok and feeling so much better.
                  I had a rude awakening this week, my doctor asked me why my blood pressure had shot
                  up, I know why but I didn't tell him, I wished I could but it would not be good for it to go
                  on my records, in my work everyone would know. So I will stick with MWO instead.
                  Hope you all achieve whatever you wish.
                  Love Paula.xx

Comment

Suki, can they really sue you for a larger commission? Was there a contract? Some people just suck. Sorry to hear about it, but hang in there; you are strong.
                    Goal 1: Today
                    Goal 2: Tomorrow

Comment

Hello Everyone,

I really did not feel like posting this morning, but after reading all your posts, I decided it would be a good idea.

I caved in last night after 16 great AF days for no reason other than I wanted it. So I stopped and bought a bottle of wine so I could have some this weekend, because I did not know how I was to go another weekend without it. But instead of waiting for Friday night to have it, I decided to drink it last night. Now I remember why I came here to MWO. I feel like crap this morning......I did not stop at one or two. And I remember my 12 year old son saying to me "Mommy, why are you not being so nice". So there I go again, too much wine makes me very cranky at night and then I'm not so nice :upset:

Well, now I don't have to worry about wanting to drink this weekend because I no longer have the desire.
                      Miss October :blinkylove:

Comment

Miss O,

On the bright side you now remember why you want to be AF - it's a battle, that's for sure. I have had my 7 year old say similar things to me in the past - breaks my heart when it happens.....

I have not been doing so good this week, only 1 AF day. My dinner with my BF went well but I was so nervous I had to have a glass of wine before hand just to calm my nerves. Well of course once you get that taste..........I only had one glass during dinner but after I got home had to finish off the bottle..........we've all been there......

Anyway, he is a really confused man - lots of commitment issues but he really does want to try to work through them so I'm going to stay for now to see if he really means it - the next couple of months will tell the tale - I do really love him though and if can commit to trying to work through his fears it may be okay - baby steps.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Love and hugs,
                        Uni
                        Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.
                        :h

Comment

Just wanted to say hello to everybody. I had an AF night last night again. Taking care of kitty who had dental surgery, she needs lots of squirts and saline and meds. She still purrs at me even still, it breaks and warms my heart.

Uni, stay strong and know that you too have needs that deserve to be met. Cowgal, I hope you will be back in the saddle soon. Bessie that is a beautiful horse. Hadn't heard about the runway incident. Miss October, revoked! Friday revokation (is that even a word?)!

Have a great day everybody. Suki!! You did great 3 days af with all going on.
                          The more we appreciate life, the more life appreciates and bestows us with more goodness.

Comment

Working...
                          X