Just saying hi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just saying hi

I've just joined and have just got through day two without drinking. I can't concentrate am feeling really restless, am getting chest pains and am sweating lots. I think if I continued drinking I would be dead soon if I didn't do something about it. I've been having huge memory losses for quite a while so need to get a grip.
    I have young children depending on me to hold it together so I have to succeed this time.
    I can't even stay still long enough to read much of this forum but my mind is so restless I have been searching for somewhere like this on the net just to keep my hands occuppied and my mind off booze.
    I'm so glad I found you!

Just saying hi

Welcome Lizard

If you're feeling restless, just keep dipping in to the site. You will find so much help and advice and information. Are you going it alone? Have you thought about any of the supplements or cds? Have you read the book? They all help different people in different ways and I'm sure more experienced people than me will be along soon to let you know how they do it.

But mostly importantly I would say going to the docs sounds like a very good idea - specially with the chest pains. No point killing yourself giving up!

Bessie xx

Comment

Just saying hi

Hi Lizard, :welcome:

I'm glad you have found us too!

Like bessie said there will be more experience people that will give you more advice.

If your feeling restless try and have a hot bath, and if your sweating drink lots and lots of water. momory loss that will come back, its the drink that does it. Have some porridge is good for the energy level or bananas. if you feel your getting worst make that appointment with your GP.
      keep with us you will get lots of support here.
      Take lots of care.x

Love
      Teardrop.x
      family is everything to me

Comment

Just saying hi

Lizard, so glad you found this site. There are so many wonderful (like Teardrop and Bessie!) that will make you feel at home and offer lots of support and advice.

Keep checking in and reading and post, please.Take care of yourself :welcome:

Comment

Just saying hi

Hello Lizard,

congratulations on staying off the drink for two days. If you've been drinking heavily every day like me, 2 days is a great achievement. I know the symptoms you're describing very well as I've gone through this the past 2 weeks after weekend drinking. I've started by staying AF for 5 days a week and letting go at the weekend. I should be abstaining indefinately but I don't feel strong enough for that yet. I can't offer you any advice or inspiration as I'm at the same stage as you but just know that you are by no means alone in this.

There are lots of people on this site at different stages of overcoming the alcohol so keep reading and posting. Everyone here is understanding and supportive and know what you are going through so carry on keeping your hands occupied here. I'm sure there are others on here who have progressed further than me and can offer you hope. Like you, some of us including me have young children depending on us to get better.

Best of luck on the road to recovery
          Mardan

Comment

Just saying hi

HI Lizard & to MWO,

Yep, most of us here have been through those symptoms, lots and lots of water will help to flush out the toxins.

Keep reading and posting here, and take care of yourself. Attached files [img]/converted_files/410884=1763-attachment.jpg[/img]
            sigpicXXX

Comment

Just saying hi

Hi Lizard and welcome, it sounds as though you are going through withdrawal. If you have been drinking heavily for some time you may need some help from your doc. especially
              if you have chest pain.
              Take care.

Comment

Just saying hi

Thank you for the welcome , day three nearly over.

Comment

Just saying hi

Lizard,
                  You need to get some serious nutrition in you. What you describe is from the loss of vits and minerals from alcohol. Get some Gatorade or Pedialyte any sports drink or fluid given to people with extreme sweating, diarrhea and vomiting. You also need to see your doctor. This is something that can potentially be serious. How do you feel today? Day 3 let that be your guide. Are you worse or better

Comment

Just saying hi

The same, had no sleep last night. I'm drinking loads of liquids and if it carries on yes I'll go to the dr.
                    Very very restless too and hyperactive all today!
                    I've been drinking an unbelievable amount of booze for a long time now, would have floored a horse I'm certain but it just was having less and less of the desired effect on me.
                    Most nights I've just passed out I'm sure, rather than gone to sleep and have absolutely no memory of what I've been doing which is frightening and it was getting worse.
                    I'm so ashamed of myself and I just don't want to end up dead.

Comment

Just saying hi

Hi Lizard and welcome.

Please stop feeling ashamed........we`ve all been there, but it`s time for you to feel proud of the fact that you`ve quit drinking and are here seeking the help you need.

"I just don`t want to end up dead" says you`re serious about quitting. Indeed, if we don`t get a grip of our drinking, the booze will claim us all in the end.

Like the others have said, withdrawal can be dangerous, so if you`re not feeling any better today, your doc or hospital emergency dept. would be your best port of call to ensure that you withdraw safely.

Wishing you love and strength,

Starlight Impress x

Comment

Working...
                      X