IM BACK again-have not visited for 9 mths

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi, I am Melanie - back again, and nothing has changed! I am still an alcoholic & need serious help. I can't stop, and I drink until I am drunk, vomit if I feel sick afterwards, then try sleep it off. I want this out of my life for once & for all. I am going to gice it another try & I want to succeed now. I JUST WANT TO STOP, please God, chase away my demons! I am in a black hole and sinking fast. I am so angry, and I am hurting myself so badly - no one likes a drunk woman!
    Mel:upset:

Welcome back Mel, I too am an alcoholic and I always will be, because when I am drinking
    I have no control. I know just how you feel, but the only thing I can do about it is not to take the first drink. I do find that when I pray to god he seems to answer my prayers, keep
    trying he will answer yours, if you truly want it badly enough. I will pray for you to get out
    of that black hole, that I have been in so often.
    Love Paula.xx

Comment

Hi Mel,

Welcome back! We all know how it is starting over. For many of us it takes doing it the wrong way several times until we get it right and even then who knows. The important things is that you are back and looking to make a change.

Keep posting, reading and come into chat. I hear it is a lively place on the weekends.

-GTC
      "If you want to change, then change." -Blonde Chic from LOST

Comment

Welcome back Mel

You need to be positive first of all and believe that you can do this.

I didn't reply or post anything on MWO last for some time although I was reading. I thought I could do it alone but I ended up in exactly the same place as I was when I first joined MWO.

Have you read the book? Even if you have it may be a good starting point for you. Then you can plan how you want to go about it, whether it be cutting down or going AF.

I wish you all the best.
        Mandy x

Comment

me too

I stayed away for quite a while, thought AA was the ONLY way to go, but when that didn't work for me and I was ridden w/ shame at all my "slips", I remembered this site and hightailed right back to it...............BOY am I thankful Idid, there is sooooooo much love and support here for you, welcome back:welcome:

Whatever your choice,we are all here for you

Read, or re-read the book.............that is what I plan to do...........may have to buy it again though, which I would rather not do, just don't have it at this time

Good luck and keep us posted on your posts how you are doing, whether it be good or bad, we will be here for you to hold your hand and give you hugs!!:l

Love

MA
          :rays:My happiness is my greatest gift to others:rays:eace:

Comment

Welcome back, Mel!

I, too, came to MYO and then left for months. When I came back it was different. I really wanted it. It took some time, but I finally got to a place where I found enough peace that I could quit. It is possible. There is so much support and wisdom here. Tell us more about yourself. Let us get to know you and what is going on.. we can help, really. PM me if you want. Stick around and read, get the book, get some supplements (ask questions regarding them if you have questions), post a lot, and come to chat.

You can do this, Mel... really!

Namaste,

MM
            Face your deficiencies and acknowledge them, but do not let them master you. Let them teach you patience, sweetness, insight.

Comment

Welcome back Melanie...i remember you!!! I'm still here...dare not leave!!! Hope you gain some comfort from being here. Bella xx

Comment

Melanie - good job on your choice to return. You sound very serious about quiting and with that sort of conviction you've already achieved a lot.

No matter what steps you take next - you drink .. you don't drink - you still have to stay with us. When that strong urge to drink hits, log on immediatley! I promise someone will be here for you. Post or go to live chat, but log on!! It's words of encouragement that make me strong enough everyday to say no to booze. I pray everyday that it will work that way for all of you as well.

Nobody judges here, so good or bad there is no reason to stay away. We want to help you. And I'm sure that you have a lot to share that can help us as well. Just give us a chance, ok?

Good luck, hun.

Love, Me
                :l
                Alcohol is simply the device between success and failure.

Comment

Welcome back Melanie.

I understand how much it hurts for drink to have such a hold on you, but it can only destroy you if you allow it to engulf you. Stand up and fight with all your worth, Melanie.........you can.....we all can, and not only can we fight.........with unflinching determination........we can and shall overcome the drink. Never so much as glance backwards..........eyes front.........we all have a beautiful future up ahead.

Love and strength to you,

Starlight Impress x

Comment

Hi mel.
                    Welcome back, and don't stay away again:tsk: Your well on your way to success with the simple statement, Im an alchoholic and nead help. There's no denial there. (your a strong person that can do this.)
                    Now take the bull by the horns and get the help you nead. Trying on my own to stop drinking was a udder waist of time. I came to the realization I really had to get drinking under control a couple years ago, I tryed everything to accomplish this. Nothing worked, AL was to powerful for me. Then I stumbled onto MWO totaly by a fluke, while looking for the help I wasn't finding elsewhere. I found this place about 29 days ago, researched what I was hearing and jumped in with both feet. I got the book, CD's, suppliments and the support of this awesome community and guess what. Im on day 26 AF, feeling good and I havn't even wanting to drink for the past few day's. For me this is very strange, after being drunk everyday pretty much for 25 years, and even the odd day here and there when I forced myself to obstain, I craved it terribly.Lately the craving's have been very minimal and short lived. If you havn't tried the MWO full meal deal id'e highly recomend you do, it just may be all the help you nead.
                    Wish you a ton of success on your journey.
                    Were all in this together. :hug:
                    K.F.:rockon:
                    There's more to life than success. The greatest success is living well.

Comment

Thank-you everyone - everyone brought a smile to my dial, and I am feeling stronger today!
                      You are all so wonderful & helpful!
                      Wish I had more time at work to post, and I don't have internet at home....
                      Much love,
                      Mel
                      Mel:upset:

Comment

Miss Melanie~ welcome back. I am glad you are back, because if not, how would I have found this prayer? As I start my day, I am comforted to know that I'm not alone. Your prayer helps me realize that every day, I must start on my knees. I must accept not drinking is my destiny. And it's not too late, for any of us.

Free yourself, Melanie. Go read the happiness that you found over the last year, because those days, filled with love and laughter, have overpowered this beast. Yes, he snuck in the back door, but you found him. Give him his eviction notice.

As for me, I hope you don't mind, but I'm hitting the print button on your prayer. I have to admit that I stumble with prayer. (If God hears me, do you think he'll know it's me, or will he think you've changed your accent? )

I ask, I pray, I am on my knees, wanting and needing forgiveness for my sins, I am hurt, broken, and not a whole.
                        I hurt myself, I hurt my confidence, I hurt others, my ears are defend by the words that role off my tongue. I realize this when it is all too late.

I can only be saved by your grace Lord, so I request that by your power, I am healed, unshackled by destruction, deceit and bad judgments.

I want to be freed from the beast’s claws that rip my heart apart, starve me of my growth, and gnaw at my soul. One who makes my judgments false, and one who makes me die from the inside out, strips me of all beauty.

I am talking about alcohol and cigarettes, my eyes well with fear and disgust, but why when it is too late? I have already burnt myself so bad, the damage is irreversible. What have I become?

One that says one thing and does another?

Lord if I can stay away from these chemicals of fake fun and deceitful disillusions of wonder for the rest of my life, I will be the happiest person alive, please make me see beyond all the evil.

I don’t even want to believe that it is fun or fine just to have a few drinks. I can defeat these demons I have been battling for so long.

Drinks of poison and pain! Irrational mind! Chemical wreaking havoc in my brain.

Release me from evil, fight for me, and I will fight as well.
                        I will show you that I am worth it.
                        I am so sad, and my head is fuzzy, unclear and uncalm.
                        Please hold me away from the fire, bring me towards the light, and keep me there, and I will shine for you Lord.:flower:

Patty
                        Tampa, FL

Comment

Working...
                        X