Fri. - Jan. 18 - Daily Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Everyone: By the way, if you are reading this & would like to share, please feel free to do so. It's a very motivating thread, & you don't have to have any particular number of AF days to contribute. All you need is a desire to abs or mod. There are no "eligibility" requirements.

Yesterday, I had an experience that was a bit of a reminder for me. I was at a program & was sitting next to someone who smelled of alcohol (10:30 AM - I'm no stranger to AM drinking). He sensed that I smelled it. After the talk was over, the rest of us were mingling, & he quickly got on his coat & left. That's what my alcoholism did to me. It limited my interactions & good times. I felt a good deal of compassion for him. I'm sure he would have liked to have stayed but couldn't. I wouldn't be surprised if he went home & drank (that's probably what I would have done).

That experience yesterday really brought home to me just how valuable my sobriety is. It's not something to take for granted. It's something worth working hard for.

Thanks everyone for being here. And, again, your comments are always welcome. Mary
    Wisdom, Courage, Strength
    October 3, 2012

Hi Mary and all to come

I dread to think of all the mornings I must have reeked of alcohol from the night before. No amount of tooth brushing and mouth wash can disguise it, even if I fooled myself thinking it did. Another advantage of waking up AF every morning!!

Have a great week-end everyone.

Rustop

Comment

18 days AF....still struggling on the weekends, going for the third in a row...

still feeling a little sad when thinking about the past...all of the missed opportunities....the ruined / lost relationships....the broken promises...

but, now it's time to look to the future.....time to clean up my act....

everyone...keep your head up!!!
      -maybe, is the new maybe-

Comment

Hello all - not a lot to say today. Maintaining, and rolling into another weekend. This is about the time when I need to practice urge control the most; my habit was a binge weekend drinker (although that gradually extended into the week days over time).

Best of luck to all other abstainers!
        Day 21 (I guess that makes 3 weeks) AF.

Comment

Treeman: Those missed opportunities that you refer to will fade as you replace them w/sober ones. I have also missed weddings, family reunions, parties, etc. because of drunken black-outs. I've also had my share of expensive mishaps. After 100+ AF days, I'm experiencing family get-togethers, dinners, etc. anew & appreciating them more. This past AF Thanksgiving & Christmas were the best ever. Keep on going...you're doing well. Mary
          Wisdom, Courage, Strength
          October 3, 2012

Comment

wow, is this late or what? lol. couldn't log on today and have been sick still. yucko. getter better though I think. Eaten about 8 cloves of garlic today. ought to do something.
            be well friends.
            nosce te ipsum
            (Know Thyself)

Comment

Working...
            X