Nesting anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nesting anyone?

I wonder if I am the only one here nesting? I find myself cleaning up, sorting, throwing away, straightening all over my house. I don't know if it's because I feel like it's a new life and I'm cleaning out the old junk everywhere, if its nervousness and staying busy, if its the fact that I have extra energy? whatever it is, my house is becoming very organized.

Anyone else going through this or just those of us who tend toward compulsiveness anyway! :nutso:
    Member since January 2008
    AF since August 25, 2008

Nesting anyone?

I am Tired Of !!! In fact, that's just what I've been doing all morning. I've been cleaning up and out and I like it! I can see the top of my dryer for the first time in ...... forever. And just before I logged on, I was making alist of all the little projects I wanted to accomplish this weekend (nerd!)!

The cobwebs inside AND outside are getting scrubbed out! I'm gonna take full advantage of the inspiration
    wonder xx

Comment

Nesting anyone?

I can totally relate...i think it is a combo of more energy and needing to sort through the stuff that was neglected in the haze of drinking
      rudemama

Comment

Nesting anyone?

I think it is a very healthy sign.
        Clearing out the clutter of what was not working and looking forward to what will work and make us healthy..mentally, emotionally, and physically.
        Been doing it all month!
        :l Nancy
        "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

Nesting anyone?

i'm there too Tired...

washing and cleaning....water bill went up last month because i washed all the linens and comforters, etc...

VACUUMING...one of my favorite things to do....love to see all of the stuff trapped in the cannister.....

i guess i'm trying to keep a cleaner house much like i am cleaning out my head...
          -maybe, is the new maybe-

Comment

Nesting anyone?

When I first came here I cleaned my house top to bottom, de-cluttered, and was so happy doing it ......... a natural buzz .......... it feels good doesn't it...
            sigpicXXX

Comment

Nesting anyone?

It was the same for me too, I've been sober for 13 months now, but I went through the house like a tornado when I first stopped drinking!

Of course now it looks like a bomb's hit it again because my life is just so busy and fun - because I'm sober!
              It always seems impossible until it's done....

Comment

Nesting anyone?

I threw out a bunch of stuff including the boyfriend. I moved furniture around and started working out every other day.
                now things are back on track.
                You can't turn a pickle into a cucumber

Comment

Nesting anyone?

Been at it all day.........

About a week ago, I dumped out and totally cleaned and organized the inside of my bedside table drawer. YOU know - the bottomless pit of nail files, pens, toenail clippers, bookmarks, post-its, lint, crumpled receipts, pre-historic chapsticks, runaway motrins and tylenols, dental floss pics, and on and on....... Of all the projects I've completed, I swear this is the one that has had the most dramatic effect on my psyche. I don't know why. I feel like a princess.

ww xx

Comment

Nesting anyone?

I think I laughed more reading this thread than any other. Tired, thanks for starting. trying to settle my mom's estate. I took my two hours to open the mail tonight and pay bills, need to shred. Taking next week off, wish I could rent a dumpster for outside.

Wonderworld, can't even close the bedside drawer. Good idea of where to start. I think that cleaning the cat hair out of the bathtub would put a crown on my head.

Trixie, I LMAO, throwing out the boyfriend and rearranging things. Must have felt great. In 602 square feet here, not much to move round.

Flip, Betty Boop, Rude, Treeman, Southernbelle, you've inspired me.

When I was in college, there was a poem in the yearbook it said.....

no, you can not possibly come in today.
                    The gate is closed, the house is not in order

Haven't had anyone in here for such a long time. Can't wait to get it (and me) in order to get things back on track.

Thanks, Tired!!!!

Comment

Nesting anyone?

Suki411;257304 wrote: I think that cleaning the cat hair out of the bathtub would put a crown on my head.
                      :H :H :H

I'm still working on areas of cat grossness .........

Comment

Nesting anyone?

I have a question - this thread seemed like a good place to ask.

My kitchen floor is that black and white checkerboard tile stuff. Vinyl tile I assume. The floor is looking really dull and grimy and stained, espcially the white tiles. I'm not an expert cleaner. Does anyone have suggestions for how to rejuvenate my floor?

Please don't mock me. I'm trying to get my life together.......

wonder xx

Comment

Nesting anyone?

WW,

How about ammonia? Of course, you don't mix it with other chemicals, and it smells to high heaven.

If it's greasy grime, then maybe "Simple Green"?

Patty
                          Tampa, FL

Comment

Nesting anyone?

Install a new floor. That's how I clean mine.
                            Marcie

Comment

Nesting anyone?

That was my very first thought memarcie. unfortunately, no di nero at this momento.

Happy Life - I will try amonia. Have never used it before. I tried bleach once, and that was a BAD idea, it ate the top of the tile. No, it's not GREASY grime, just stained looking and dingey.

These are the times I miss my grandmother. She was a NASA scientist when it came to dirt. My mother has no enthusiasm in this area (not that she's dirty - she just, um....... 'subcontracts' )

wonderama

Comment

Working...
                              X