MY GOAL - A whole day in the making.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have spent all day writing about the process of setting a goal. Only to find myself with no goal. Well, enough already. Get off the pot, as they say.

Here, finally, after much thought, is my goal:

Instead of drinking, I will paint, run or sew for the next 3 days. Starting tomorrow (see former posts).

Alright, I did it! I set a goal. Persecute me if you will. I may not make it. I may drink before noon tomorrow while I am painting, or hell, even running. But I have finally set my goal and I am feeling a small sense of accomplishment in just that endeavor. Stay tuned.

Setting goals is the first step Croft........good for you!

One day at a time...........baby steps - you can do this.

Man..........now I need a goal...........LOL - I haven't been doing so hot lately either - but hey, that's what this place is for - see you have given me a reason now to make a goal........
    Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.
    :h

Comment

Awesome start, Croft- you are off to the right start... now, don't paint the town, or run after the beer truck, or sew a tie (so you can tie one on)?

The first steps are the hardest, and you've already walked passed them. :h

Patty
      Tampa, FL

Comment

Well now 2 people will be expecting to hear how it went.

I really want to report good things. And just so I dont feel lonely - alright universal - what is your goal?

And I am laughing very loudly right now about running after the beer truck.

Comment

Croft...Welcome! I'm really enjoying reading your posts and you are off to an AWESOME START! And I betcha you do not drink before noon!! Looking forward to your updates...
          This is no longer a drinking problem...it's a matter of Life or Death!!!

Comment

The very best of Irish Luck Croft, I have just survived a friday night, first time in 15 years. Day 5 AF for me, You can do it, keep us posted,

Comment

Hi Croft.........well done for setting a goal..........stay close and I`m sure you can achieve it.

We`re all rooting for you.

Starlight Impress x

Comment

Hi Croft,
                What kind of painting? Hope your weekend goes well.
                rudemama

Comment

Sound's like you are on the right track croft!!!! Sometimes starting new habits will break old ones!!! You have inspired me to set some goals as well and try to incorporate them into my daily routine.. Universal, I haven't been doing the greatest either!!! Haven't drank everyday but pretty much every other!!! Today I shall try for day two AF!! I have totally come to the realization that I am not ready to moderate yet, definitely need to do a long stint of being AF first!

Comment

Yea croft! Good jobbie! You can do it! It's cold and raining here, some hot tea would be nice.
                    sigpic
                    Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Damo- I was trying to remember your post from yesterday and I found it:

DAMO;257500 wrote:
                      But tonight, I am bringing my 7 yr old son to the video store with me for a movie and get pizza on the way back ( my son always asks can he come with me when I go out, but I always think of an excuse for him not to so I can slip into my local pub for 2 quick beers, I feel guilty over this) but not tonight, I rang him today to tell him we were going to the video store as a treat and bring him for pizza also, he was thrilled...

The very best of Irish Luck Croft, I have just survived a friday night, first time in 15 years. Day 5 AF for me, You can do it, keep us posted,
                      Did you survive the fear with a 7 year old teddy bear to hold on to?
                      How absolutely wonderful. :heart:
                      Keep sharing that Irish Luck, Damo! You got a secret recipe there..... :l

Patty
                      Tampa, FL

Comment

Croft;257394 wrote: I have spent all day writing about the process of setting a goal. Only to find myself with no goal. Well, enough already. Get off the pot, as they say.

Here, finally, after much thought, is my goal:

Instead of drinking, I will paint, run or sew for the next 3 days. Starting tomorrow (see former posts).

Alright, I did it! I set a goal. Persecute me if you will. I may not make it. I may drink before noon tomorrow while I am painting, or hell, even running. But I have finally set my goal and I am feeling a small sense of accomplishment in just that endeavor. Stay tuned.
                        That sounds JUST like my goal-setting! I may make it; I may not. But I'm no longer going to beat myself up over it if I don't. I'll simply try again. And again. And again.

Good luck!

Comment

All these words are sitting here this morning as I try desperatley not to open the vodka bottle. It was easy earlier with my husband hanging around. But now he is out shoveling the walk. I could sneak a drink in and he would not even know it. But now all of you do know it. So I just busted my plans. Yea me!

And yea all of you who are listening and sharing and struggling with me. I think this site just might work out.

Comment

rudemama;257549 wrote: Hi Croft,
                            What kind of painting? Hope your weekend goes well.
                            rudemama
                            I have a degree in art. I don't use it to make a living, but I still paint. I am working on a mural right now and another canvas of my daughter in an African village. A memory of one of our trips. The mural is a fairy garden in a little girl's room.

Comment

See!! You made it past noon!! Way to go!!
                              sigpic
                              Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Working...
                              X