Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saturday, 19 January 2007

Hello Absville,

Long time no hear. Just wanted to say hello. I've been thinking of MWO for many months. I got married a couple of weeks ago, thus my silence. I've been AF for nearly 40 days, and have a very supportive partner. I'm tapering down with Topa and I'm on 100 mgs. After all I've been on the drug for a year now.

Otherwise all is fine. So, again, the fact that I haven't been online was nothing personal, just pre-marital and post-marital stress, grin ...

Hope all goes well. Welcome to the newies. All my love to the oldies.

the Padster
    Paddy
    Time's fun when you're having flies. - Kermit the Frog - eace:

Hi Paddy.......great to see you.

A double dose of congrats for you, firstly on your marriage and secondly for nearing a total of commendable 40 AF days. Hope to hear more from you as time allows.

Much love,

Starlight Impress x

Comment

Good morning Abbers!

Paddy - well, well.. married, eh! Congratulations, my friend!! WOW, that's wonderful. I am so glad you have a supportive partner right out of the gate. Very happy for you and 40 day is amazing - good for you!

Morning, my little Star-shine! "hello starshine the earth says hellooo" (charlie and the cholcolate factory - johnny depp)

I hope everyone has a fantastic Saturday. I have to go into the spa today. My last Saturday to work for a while, then I am taking a break! I hired a new intern, so I have help and I am going to be taking some TIME OFF! Mexico here I come.. I am heading down in March to actually rent a house long term. I plan to have a place that I can go to often. I want to start getting to know my new little village and the people, and eventually buy and retire down there. It is a beautiful little old fishing villiage, now more of an artist villiage with the jungle coming right down to this amazing little town and a perfect crescent bay with a gorgous beach.. sound perfect.. it is and it's a secret. I would tell you where it is, but I would have to kill you!!! AAAhhhh....

All of this and more - this is what I achive now that I am sober!

Have a fantastic day and do something nice for yourself..

Namaste,

MM
      Face your deficiencies and acknowledge them, but do not let them master you. Let them teach you patience, sweetness, insight.

Comment

It's great to hear from you Paddy. I've been wondering what you've been up to! Congratulations to you and your beautiful bride. Congrats also on the 40 days of sobriety. I hope you will have some time to hang around a little more, but if not, we'll be happy to see you whenever you can drop in. Incidently, 100mg of topa has worked very well for me as a maintenance dose of topa without many cognitive side effects.

Hi Starlight and MM. I've gotta get ready for work, and my cats are all looking at me expectantly--it's breakfast time.

Have a great AF day!

Hugs,:l

Kathy
        AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Top of the Saturday ABerooos!

Paddy!!! holy snot batman! nice to have you back bro. hows married life treating you so far?

after eating about 9 cloves of garlic yesterday I think I'm about 60% better today. yeah!
          still just staying home and being warm for now. Not going to push it. AF and happy otherwise.

MedMama...how cool...a meditation retreat in Ol Mexico...sounds dreamy.
          Kathy, enjoy your kitty brigade
          XXX to Starlight and all to come.
          nosce te ipsum
          (Know Thyself)

Comment

Hey peeps....hows it going. Nice to see you Paddy...congrats on taking the plunge
            It's not that some people have willpower and some don't. It's that some people are ready to change and others are not.
            James Gordon, M.D.

Comment

Hi everyone

Congratulations Paddy both on your marriage and your sobriety. Just a quick check in as the kids take over at the week-end but I could not go without my MWO fix.

Have a great week-end.

Rustop

Comment

Hi all,

Determinator - 9 cloves of garlic? Wow; you better get well after that!

Hope all are doing well in abstinencedom. I alternate between feeling very good about abs, and asking myself "What the heck am I doing? One glass of wine won't hurt?" I hate those mind games. I feel like I owe it to myself to maintain to at least 30 days. Most of the time this hasnt been as bad as I thought it would be; it has been amazing for calming my mind. But a few times I've nearly slipped; taking a drink just seem so natural and harmless (at least when I'm not thinking through all the times and the consequences of when drinking was truly hurtful).

Thanks to everyone who posts on this thread; it helps me keep my head in the right place.

Comment

I just wanted to pop in and say hi to all here but especially to Paddy. We have missed you around here and wanted to wish you congratulations on the marriage. Hope we see more of you.....
                  I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

HI LUSHY!
                    Face your deficiencies and acknowledge them, but do not let them master you. Let them teach you patience, sweetness, insight.

Comment

Hi to all and a SPECIAL welcome back to Paddy,

All, I hope everything is going great and life is treating you well and you are treating yourselves even better.

However, I MUST SAY to Paddy, Congrats on being married and for being 40 days AF!!

It is so wonderful to have a partner who supports you. I have one too and know how much help it is.

Glad to see you here.

Love,
                      Cindi
                      AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Noticed Paddy on and wanted to give him a big HELLO!
                        We have missed you.
                        Especially in the Laughing Out Loud threads.

Congrats!
                        Dx
                        * * I love Determinator * *

Comment

Hi Paddy just read your post, congratulations on your marriage, and also 40 days.
                          Paula.

Comment

Working...
                          X