ODAT Newbies- Saturday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ODAT Newbies- Saturday

This might become a habit! Its fun to see if I can beat everyone. Pretty soon I'll be setting my alarm clock.
    Its 1 am can't sleep. No particular reason, just woke up. Thought I'd start the thread.
    Doing well after my Happy Hour incident but not beating my self up any more. Part of the learning process, right? I learned that after so many AF days what i considered mod consumption threw me on my butt. Had to make a quick get away!
    I very proud of my performance this last month. I don't know what I expected from this site but it has far exceeded my expectations. I have been here everyday checking posts even though I might not contribute everyday. I spend the evenings on chat when I can developing relationships but I find that reading and posting are more helpful as they are a constant reminder of where you are and your journey. Nothing like someone elses story to slap you in the face.
    Have a great AF weekend

ODAT Newbies- Saturday

I'm awake, too, RN, although it's nearly 4 here in "Sunny Dixieland." Actually, there's a cold rain falling. I've been sleeping wonderfully since abandoning my wine habit, but tonight my cat hopped up on the bed and started pawing at me, purring loudly. Mr. Jane is out in L.A. this weekend for a meeting, and the cat knows this, I think. Congrats on not beating yourself up about Happy Hour. There's just no point in that, is there? "Learning" is right. We learned how to drink more and more...now we're learning to drink less and less (if at all.) Not really rocket science, is it? We...just don't, period, no palaver. Some days easier than others...
    Jane Jane

Comment

ODAT Newbies- Saturday

Morning ODAT'ers

RN ...It pleases me to read how "you feel" about yourself and progress. When it comes down to the bottom line, it is how we feel about ourselves and our journey that can make or break us. I too, am not sure what my expectations are from this site, but I will continue taking it ODAT...it seems to be working for me as I have no long term expectations...just today.

Jane..If anyone told me I would be sleeping well a few months ago, I don' think I would of believed them, as sleeping thur the night (??) was one of the excuses I used for my nightly drinking. Yeppers, I slept thru the night ok...waking up like I've been hit by a two ton truck!!!!.....Doesn't it feel so good to wake up refreshed and looking forward to the day?

To all the ODAT'ers to follow...have a good weekend!
      sobriety date 11-04-07

Comment

ODAT Newbies- Saturday

hello, well I've been up for two hours doing chores. hopefully the house stays somewhat manageable through the weekend. i hope to get some me time in today after shuttling the kids around to their various sports. dh has a writng deadline so i support him, which means doing most of everything...though he will put away his laundry. I have a party tonight i know I won't be af but want to moderate so i am working on a plan and a mind set. Jane I liked the line about learning to drink less and less....I will sear that on my frontal lobe. RN I found i need to check in here to keep myself on the right track. Sometimes I drink and face the repercussions, but coming here keeps me from falling into the abyss. Charlee your words ring true. When I first came here i felt like i had no control .....I didn't know what to do...now through mwo i have a tool box of strategies. thank you all
        rudemama

Comment

ODAT Newbies- Saturday

Hi all

Thanks for starting the post RN. LOL at you getting up earlier and earlier to start the thread! Why not prepare it before you go to bed, set the alarm and just get up to press send at 12.01am!?? Got a lap top? - keep it by your bedside then you won't even need to get out of bed! :H :H

Really pleased to read how you feel - love that you are proud of how you have done this month. That sounds so positive and encouraging and I can almost feel your glow of pride from here! Hopefully some new person who might be feeling down and far from proud of themselves might take some support from that. It IS possible to beat Al and regain your self respect in the process. Reading and posting are so good for me too. Keeps the whole issue in the forefront of my mind.

I'm having a bit of a blip at the moment - not sure if it's connected to Al leaving the system or hormonal. Very wired and stressed but I'm getting a bit better today. I reached for a gin and tonic to help knock me back a bit last night - but there wasn't any gin in the house. I had a 5 minute paddy, decided nothing else would do and just drank the tonic instead. I actually enjoyed it almost as much and took a couple of Calm Fortes to help me chill instead. I can't actually believe that I didn't know there wasn't any gin in the house. Before now I could have told you what brand, how much left in the bottle, whether there was any ice and lemon and how many bottles of what wine there were too. So another improvement.........

Preparing for a challenge tonight. Friend with marriage problems coming round to cry on our shoulders. Have bought wine and beer in to be hospitable (and he is spending the night so there is obviously a plan to consume alcohol) Will see how I get on. May start with straight tonic and see how I feel. I am too wired to drink much without crashing anyway so that's probably a very good thing. And I've got 101 jobs to get done tomorrow and DO NOT want to be doing them with a thick head. Wish me strength.

Love to all who post on here today. Have a great weekend.

Bessie xx

Comment

ODAT Newbies- Saturday

Bessie, What's a 5 minute paddy?
            sigpic
            Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

ODAT Newbies- Saturday

Hey guys,

Just checking in - I haven't been doing so hot. This emotional roller coaster ride I am on is taking it's toll on me. For 2 weeks I haven't been sure where I stand - one day he talks and seems to open up, the next day it's like he's afraid he talked too much and then shuts me out completely.......he doesn't want me to leave but I don't know if he can actually say he wants to be with me either....I just don't know. All I know is after 2 weeks I am still confused as hell. It's like it's a slow decline......and I don't have the strength to say goodbye yet - and then I think as well that maybe I just need to relax and give him space to get over his issues but then I have to think - will he ever? Or will I just be sitting here for months waiting, not knowing if this man who says he loves me actually does? It's like a mental game that he doesn't even realize he's playing.........aaaaaaaauuuuuuugggggghhhh

I know that eventually I will have to make a decision and it will probably be that I will have to walk away but it's so hard to actually do it cause once I make that decision, it really will be over.

Sorry guys, just frustrated today and needed to vent.........
              Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.
              :h

Comment

ODAT Newbies- Saturday

Hi Universal. An addiction therapist told me to back off of my dear one. Not necessarily leave, but just chill out. And also to take care of myself first and foremost. Hope that helps.
                sigpic
                Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

ODAT Newbies- Saturday

It does, thanks greeneyes.........
                  Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.
                  :h

Comment

ODAT Newbies- Saturday

Good morning all!
                    I have no words of wisdom, just gald to be here and be AF! Enjoy the day!
                    BHOG
                    War isn't working. Let's try Peace!

Comment

ODAT Newbies- Saturday

Hi ODATers, I am late today, my notebook bit the dust I think so have to share the computer, aarrrgghhh!!!

Bessie, wishing you strength tonight. Is it night there now? You won't read this then you will be starting tomorrow's thread! :H
                      The more we appreciate life, the more life appreciates and bestows us with more goodness.

Comment

ODAT Newbies- Saturday

Hi everyone

Just wanted to wish you all a great week-end. Have trouble getting on-line as the kids take over!! I also find that it helps to log on and read and post every day, it keeps me focussed.

Rustop

Comment

ODAT Newbies- Saturday

Hi everyone,
                          I too have probs getting on line at weekends, have to nip in when I can.
                          I agree with you Rust, this site keeps me focused.
                          Have a good weekend.
                          Paula.

Comment

ODAT Newbies- Saturday

Uni, I know that you are going through a lot right now. Think greeneyes is right. You are the most important thing in your life right now. And if someone that you care about doesn't agree about it, whatever. You need to do something about it. Listen to me, I never take my own advice. You come first, no matter what. No matter what someone say to you, you have to feel comfortable with it.

By the way. it you want you want to a goal's game, let me know

Comment

ODAT Newbies- Saturday

ok maybe it was the salt air, maybe it was past my bedtime, since I go up way to early, and maybe the drive down and back to the cape in horrific traffic did something to my brain (it certainly wasn't AL, but Uni, don't quite understand what I meant in my last sentence to you.....a goal's game? The only thing I can think about is hockey.

Comment

Working...
                              X