Smudging or Essential Oils?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anyone have experience with smudging or diffusing essential oils to clear negative energy?

After a year of hell and quite a bit of continuing teenager drama, I'm curious about holistic techniques for clearing negative energy. I got White Sage smudging sticks today, a bunch of essential oils (peppermint, sage, juniper, cypress, lavender, lemon, and cinnamon), a few diffusers, some positive energy Reiki candles, and some aroma therapy incense.

Within 30 minutes of mudging the house, and lighting the other instruments, my daughter and four friends became upbeat and laughing. My niece, however, ran out of the house with an attitude (I guess it Literally gets the negativity out? - oooo, that's rude of me).

Anyway, just curious if anyone else has tried stuff like this or Feng Shui (next on my list), etc, to help get there space to feel more positive.
    -Patty-

I do that sometimes. Be aware of what you want to accomplish and then use the appropriate oil. Feng shui is relative to the resource. Different folks have different approaches.
    sigpic
    Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

I'm reading and trying to learn about this stuff. Something's gotta help!

I actually only started looking into this after reading Bootie's post about her intuitive energy realignment experience with Rhonda Lenier... Me and my inuisitive mind started reading about energy fields and chakras and so forth. Then somehow I ended up on various sites reading about the energy flow in personal spaces. I figured, since my whole family seems to need something like what Lenier does, I should probably try doing something that could affect everyone.

With the oils, I've gotten specific to what each family member's primary problems seem to be. Rage is easy to figure out, and so is depression and general negativity. The one I'm having a bit of a challenge with is the bossy manipulative borderline personality that habitually complains about Everything. I guess a calming blend would be a descent start?
      -Patty-

Comment

I'm just starting to learn about the essential oils. Young Living Essential Oils

very interesting.
        nosce te ipsum
        (Know Thyself)

Comment

I love burning my sage smudge.
          FINALLY -- I'm a non-drinker!!

Comment

I wonder if it's the intention behind the oils. I have this great book called Write it Down, Make it Happen. (I should dig it out) This is kind of inspiring topic. I am worried about money; not that I'm not okay, but I don't like to keep track of what I spend. Maybe I will do some thinkiing about not being afraid to think about money and budgets. My ex was the money person. (I'm scared and unclear) I'm probably writing too much.

Comment

(I meant the intentions behind the smudging, feng shui principles, etc, calling your new intentions and desires into your life)

Comment

I think so. You might want to google Radical Forgiveness by Colin Tipping. Interesting stuff about manifesting what you want. Or Abraham. Basically it's the law of attraction.
                sigpic
                Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

OK I will. I'm probably not as heavy a drinker as some, but I do not like to think about the money spent on my dark beer and wine. Writing that sounds so seductive! There is a money class for women across town, at night, but I am a single mom, and it's just, well. Why is it so easy to buy beer, but feels so extravagant to order this high powered kudzu, whcih I know works for me?

Comment

Dr Wayne Dyre (sp?) also has a book on The Power of Intention. After listening to it and some of Depak Copra's (sp?) stuff, I got to thinking back on the times in my life that I got totally serious about fixing whatever was going on...

It's true. All of it. Manefesting, Intention, etc...

But, for me, it was a matter of getting to my personal break point. The point where I didn't care HOW, and I didn't care to CONTROL certain aspects according to MY plan any more. Every cell in my being just wanted the Madness to STOP (I could give numerous examples here, but I'll save those for other posts).

In some ways, it was kinda like I gave up... but in more important ways it was more like I Gave IN to accepting Other Possibilities. Even harder, for me, learning to accept Help from Unusual or less-than widely accepted places (MWO comes immediately to mind most recently).

But I digress.

Based on Life's interesting way of PUSHING me toward opening my mind and spirit to unusual sources of resolution to various dramas... I'm currently entertaining Smudging and the use of Essential Oils.

Frankly, as eluded to above, I don't care whether these practices actually work or they happen to open a previously closed door to something or someone that I hadn't considered before. Maybe I'll just expand my support system... Maybe I'll find Enlightenment... Maybe everthing will resolve itself in its own time and I'll just be calmer in the interim...

According to the Laws of Attraction, and Abraham, and others. All I have to do is have a BURNING DESIRE, and take action toward it. I get it now. I don't have to "get it right" the first time, of the second, or the 127365th. All I have to do is put my desire Out There by way of Intention and follow through with Action (even if that action might be labelled by modern society as far out, bizzare, supersticious, or wacko, etc).

Bottom line - I read and research. The American Indians, as well as several other ancient cultures, have done variations of Smudging for centuries. Essential Oils have been used by ancient cultures even longer (several millenium). Hmmm. How can I argue with that? That would be like a 4-yr old disavowing with the triabal elder's wisdom.

Perhaps it's steeped in belief (placebo effect) and tradition (spiritual acceptance). Or perhaps not. I don't care. I'm open to Possitive Change, no matter how the Universe chooses to deliver it.
                    -Patty-

Comment

I'm not familiar with smudging as I'm more interested in the factual curative properties of the essential oils. they really do have some intriguing properties.
                      nosce te ipsum
                      (Know Thyself)

Comment

not saying smudging isn't effective...just not my particular aspect of study at this time.
                        nosce te ipsum
                        (Know Thyself)

Comment

what is smudging -- i feel old
                          Fran15
                          "You never know what you can do until you have to do it."
                          Betty Ford

Comment

Fran, I just read about it a week or so ago.

Smudging seems to entail burning Sage (or other herbs, depending on culture), then wafting the smoke from smoldering embers to "clear" negative energy...

I'm still reading about the rituals that go along with it.
                            -Patty-

Comment

I am going to smudge on tuesday, the full moon for the first time. Got the goods today along with a book that may make it more complicated than it needs to be. Googling gave me lots of info, as well as a trust friend. I am smudging to get rid of the previous homeowner's energy as well as the negative energy of tons of people who have been here doing work. Also plan to have all the energy around alcohol leave.

Happy smudging!

Comment

Working...
                              X