Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies in need - ODAT - Sunday

Hey guys, 12:32am here..........Sunday!

Hope everyone had a great Saturday. I did drink last night but moderated very well (2 glasses of wine with dinner and one chocolate martini) - not my goal but since I have been having a really bad time as of late, I was happy with that.

Spent the day at the home show and then out for dinner with the BF - we talked some more which is good - he is trying to share more so I'm hoping that past history won't repeat itself and he won't shut me out again. But he did invite me over tomorrow afternoon to watch football with his friends which is something we always used to do but haven't lately so I think that is positive. And the good thing is that I have to pick up my daughter right after the game so I know I can get through the football watching without drinking as I have to leave and drive..........this is good! Today my plan is to be AF again - need to get back on that wagon...........badly........

Really need to stop letting someone else control my emotions. I am working on it.....you guys are all helping.......

So.........to everyone to join us today - have a great day, weather mods or AF - oh yeah........and go New England and Green Bay! LOL

Love you guys - you are what has been keeping me sane these past couple of weeks - thanks to you all!

Have a great, relaxing Sunday.

Love and hugs,
    Uni
    :h
    Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.
    :h

Uni, good to see you starting today's thread. Bessie must be sleeping in. Too much fun riding yesterday!

Also so good to hear you sounding so upbeat and strong. Emotions are such a killer. Drove down to Cape Cod yesterday after the Bruins game (big 50th anniversary celebration which I was invited to for Willie O'Ree, the first black hockey player to play for the NHL and he played for the Bruins, awesome time, those Canadian hockey players are incredible. open bar...grapefruit juice never tasted so good!!) because I worried about pipes freezing at my mom's little beach place. Felt so safe and protected and loved down there, love the beach. Then driving back, one of my sister's daughters called. THANK GOD that my new cell phone is piece of s@#t. Couldn't talk, but it just set me off. She hasn't called for over a week, since the night she called and I had just finished a glass of wine. So she has her daughter call me. Stopped at the liquor store. Bought a small bottle of vodka. Proud to say, it's still sitting on the kitchen counter, unopened. But I was so mad, got into bed to listen to the cds. Never fed the cats. Now at 3:30 am, they are clawing at my face for food.

Uni, have a great time at the BF's sunday. AND YOU ARE RIGHT.........Go Pats, go Green BAY.

To all other ODATers, it's a new day with lots of promise!

Comment

Bessie, just read Saturday's ODAT again. Hope all went well for you last night.

Comment

Morning - I just can't beat all you early birds!! LOL! Glad to read that the BF situation is improving Uni. I really hope it works out for you both.

Hi Suki - didn't actually ride yesterday - had waaaaaay too much to do and the thought of all that mud was enough to put me off! Not normally such a wimp but really needed to get some other stuff done and cleaning all that mud off horse, tack and clothes would have taken ages. I'll be out again on Tuesday though, mud or no mud (it will be mud!)

Last night wasn't very good for me. Friend in need came over and did most of his heart to heart stuff with my OH (man to man and all that) so I just got involved when it lightened up. We had a lovely dinner (even though I say so myself! - our own lamb marinated in yoghurt and curry spices) but I did drink on the wrong side of moderate for which I am annoyed with myself. I enjoyed the evening very much and remember all of it but my head hurts today. It is because I didn't have a plan. I think I said on yesterday's post that I was just going to see how it went. Wrong. I should have made a plan and stuck to it. I have one for tonight. There is a bottle of red left (unopened). This can be donated to somebody for some reason. And half a bottle of white left. Hubby can drink that. I know that I won't be drinking tonight. That is my plan. Same as Universal's. I'll check in with you all tomorrow to tell you that I succeeded. And so will Universal, won't you??!!

Anyway, hope you all have lovely restful Sundays and I'll race you all to start tomorrow's post!!! :H :H :H

Bessie xx

Comment

Bessie, I admit to breaking my AF vow a weeeee bit last night---but only two glasses of chianti, a moderation success (unheard of in the bad old days!) My older daughter is home for the weekend, and as my husband is out of town, Little Jane and I sat by a crackling fire and had a long, wonderful talk. She's really turned into a young woman since going off to college---it's truly more like having a friend. Now, Baby Jane...still has some maturing to do, but who didn't at 18...

Anyway, I had to smile about the MUD. Your beautiful white horse probably looks pretty awful all caked with it! My last two were chestnuts, sort of the same color as our clay soil. I well remember the anguish of getting them all groomed and spit-spot clean, curried until they shone, manes and tails all silky...then the moment a good rain came, down they'd go to roll in their favorite mudhole. People who merely have a poodle to shampoo...just don't get it, do they?

Anyway, nurse that headache and forgive yourself. Gallop on to the next fence!

...and a good morning to all you other early birdies...
          Jane Jane

Comment

Jane, sounds you had a wonderful night with little Jane. I envy all of you who have horses.

My grandfather had a stable and my mom and her sister used to ride. My mom always said that she never wanted us to have to get up early to muck out a stall, curry down a horse or clean tack. I went to summer camp once, took riding and fell in love with all of it. I wish I had continued with it.

Comment

hello, it is a beautiful day today!
              i plan to go sledding with the kiddies for a while get some sun.
              i didn't do to well moderating last night but wasn't out of control. af today. no work tomorrow. nice.
              bessie the lamb sounds fab.
              suki keep going to the places where you feel safe protected and loved:h
              hi jane sounds like a nice night with dd and uni you go girl
              lots of love rudemama
              :disco: :devil:

i let my son choose the smilies today

Comment

Hi all ODAT'rs old and new

Hope you all have a great Sunday. Again just a quick check in as the teenagers are waiting for the computer!! Looking forward to the week and the routine of being able to sit down in peace and read and post.

Rustop

Comment

morning all!
                  Wasn't quite as successful at remaining AF as I had hoped. What is it about day three that seems to sit there like this huge hurdle. Or is that simply an excuse I am giving myself to fail again and again, and again..well, you get the pattern

Watching football with the hubby today...not feeling terribly positive about making it AF, but I am going to try. Baking bread, and some other goodies...nice roast for dinner....wish me luck...
                  and I in turn wish you all a lovely Sunday!
                  much love and hugs,
                  K
                  Striving to live life without ALCOHOL

Comment

I had a hard day yesterday, not due to Al but "stuff"........couldn't tell you what stuff, but just stuff. I think it must be a mixture of PMS, and not being able to forgive myself for a Happy Hour" that got a bit too happy, and as Bessie so accurately put it, the wrong side of moderate. I too did not have a plan.......I'll never do that again. I actually thought I'd be OK without one.

I have been Af since then, ( Wednesday ) I'm finding that being Af for over 5 days has not been too bad, something I never would have been able to say before. Since Jan first 3 hiccoughs, I'm very proud of that.
                    Suki, you are awesome. I admire your strength.....down let anyone take it away from you.
                    Uni, I admire your stamina, it must be exhausting. Take care of yourself.
                    Bessie, I love your upbeat attiutde, it a pleasure reading your posts. You don't punish yourself for falls.
                    And to all not mentioned but just as important, thanks for helping me succeed

Comment

FinallyRN. Can't tell you what your post meant to me. I was just blown away. I've been trying to do my best as executrix since my mom died, and all I get from my brother and sister (neither one of them work, I'm losing my job in July), are complaints, but neither of them have even offered to help in any way.

This website, the wonderful people here, are more important to me than my family.

Thank you for your words of support. They are words that I will never forget.

Comment

Working...
                      X