Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ashtanga Yoga!

Hi all.

Well...I have never posted on Focus on fitness!!!

Yesterday I went to Ashtanga Yoga.....love that name! Have to say it with an accent!

Lately I've been suffering with a bad back. All the lifting I do,,,pram, car-seat, baby etc....and this one session removed my pain. I will go every Saturday when i can and also do the stretches at home on my mat. It is fantastic for mental health and general well-being. I even did a head stand!!!! Haven't done one of them since primary school!

I recommend it to all. Very good for a little "ME" time.. Keeps me sane. Well,,,as sane as I'll ever be! LOL

hope youre all doing okay this morning.

Lots of love,

Bella xxxx

Ashtanga Yoga!

LOVE IT, Bella.. Any kind of Yoga... Great for Mind, Body and Spirit.. go as often as you can...

xoxoxo

MM
    Face your deficiencies and acknowledge them, but do not let them master you. Let them teach you patience, sweetness, insight.

Comment

Ashtanga Yoga!

I practiced Ashtanga yoga for about six months a couple years back. Went a few times a week and practiced at home. It is an amazing practice, I felt very good doing it.

I am also a runner, and like most runners have pretty tight hamstrings. And with ashtanga I started to hit a wall because I just didn't have enough stretch, especially in the sitting positions. So I got discouraged and stopped going. I keep promising myself that I'll take a few months to get serious about stretching so I can go back, but I haven't kept that promise yet.

The place I went to was pretty intense; I don't think I've ever sweat so much. It is unbelievable how physically demanding yoga can be. I used to watch in amazement as the advanced folks went effortlessly through the primary series.

Makes me wonder if I ought not try it again....

Comment

Ashtanga Yoga!

bella I have been looking for a good place to practice asthanga. it's great that you are doing yoga it's amazing.

Trix
        You can't turn a pickle into a cucumber

Comment

Working...
        X