Supplemental supplements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Supplemental supplements

Do any of you take supplements other than those recommended in the MWO program? If so, what do you take and for what purpose?

I'm concerned about hair loss and have read that biotin, thymus and/or selenium would be helpful. I have no idea at what dosage these would be, though. I also have more than a bit of a problem with anxiety and would like some relief other than one prescribed by a doctor.

Supplemental supplements

Hi Pink. I take some things from Pain & Stress Center that are specifically recommended for quittting alcohol. You can get their little book. It's about 8 bucks or so, written by MD. They have a web site you can look at and you can call them on a weekday and actually talk to a pharmacist. I have read Oil of Evening Primrose is good for hairloss. B complex? I think hair loss is discussed on Dr. Andrew Wiel's website.
    sigpic
    Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Supplemental supplements

And Pink, they are really big on anxiety, stress and sleep. My problem is that when I'm drinking, I don't take the stuff. I'm hoping that with the MWO book, CDs , kudzu (I wish they'd get here) and the Pain & Stress Center supplements I will dig myself out of this mess.
      sigpic

Comment

Supplemental supplements

Hi Pink!

For anxiety you can try Valerian Tea, if you are a tea drinker. You can also try Calmes Forte (you can google that), or Valerian tablets. But I really like L- Tryptophan. It is good for relaxation, sleep and moods. You can get that at the health food store. If you decide to get it, let me know and I can give you some ideas on doses...

As for the hair loss.. A diet that contains whole foods, particularly the outer skin of plants such as potatoes, cucumbers, green and red peppers, and sprouts can give strength to hair because they are rich in the mineral silica. Foods that are high in iron, such as lean meats, are important for people with a known iron deficiency. Give it time - you put your body through the wringer. it will take a few weeks to regenerate - but it will!

There is an herb called Saw palmetto, talk to the folks at the Nutrition Store on this to get their advise, but I have heard it is good for hair loss (just don't know enough). Folic acid, biotin, vitamin B5, para-aminobenzoic acid (PABA), and silica are supplements that may help.

Hope this helps, sister!

MM
        Face your deficiencies and acknowledge them, but do not let them master you. Let them teach you patience, sweetness, insight.

Comment

Supplemental supplements

To me the most important other thing to take other than what is in the starter package is l-glut and Glutamine. I take l-glut and glutamine in between breakfast and lunch and half way between lunch and dinner and it really helps restore depleted aminos and with sugar cravings.

I am not taking the Topa but I believe that the MWO book says what else people taking topa should also take.
          That is one page 131 just incase you couldn't find it seeing as there is no index to the book. (for whatever reasons)

Comment

Supplemental supplements

L-glutamine is recommended for when you want a drink. To open the cpasule and dump it on your tongue.
            sigpic

Comment

Supplemental supplements

People can tailor this program to suit themselves. I take the l-glut on schedule. I didn't order the starter package, so my program might be a little more individualized. I take aminos separtely from each other throughout the day instead of the all one.

Not that I really had a problem with the price it is just that my particular body chemistry works better taking vitamins and aminos separtely.

Comment

Supplemental supplements

How did you recognize that? To take them separately?
                sigpic

Comment

Supplemental supplements

I don't know about taking each amino separately-- never heard about that.

But aminos are supposed to be taken on an empty stomach. And separately from vitamins and minerals. I have read that in several different reputable places. Also, some recommend to take them with juice (especially l-tryptophan)-- something to do with the carbohydrates helping the process.

As for l-glutamine... you can get it in powder form and dissolve it-- 5 grams-- with water (it tastes ok--best on empty stomach, of course). It does absolutely nothing for me but I take it religiously. I have a belief in it changing the brain chemistry after years of alcohol mismedication. Kudzu works better for me in terms of curbing desire. But it has to be taken ahead of time.

As for the ALL ONE, well I do my own vitamin programme-- it includes about 129 different pills and capsules (probably more). But I keep ALL ONE around for those days when I get lazy or forget or whatever. It is a good quick easy booster. I mix it with yoghurt to make it go down easier.

And anyone who has been drinking heavily should be taking milk thistle.
                  Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

Supplemental supplements

129 pills! Holy cow, that's like a full time job!
                    sigpic

Comment

Supplemental supplements

greeneyes;258390 wrote: How did you recognize that? To take them separately?
                      Well mostly because the first time I tried to detox using amino acid therapy I used Twinlabs "Amino Fuel" which has all the aminoes in it.

I stopped taking it because it made me feel even worse than I already did.

Then I saw this chart of what kind of Aminoes do what. (Scroll down to the chart)

Nutrition : Holistic Approaches : The Addiction Recovery Guide

This time around I just bought all these aminoes separately and take them at different times during the day. Sometimes even on different days.

Some of the aminoes I do combine, but just after experimenting on what types mix well with each other- based on how they make me feel.

I haven't tried the All One. I may try it someday, but for right now this is working for me.

Comment

Supplemental supplements

I see. Very informative. Thanks.
                        sigpic

Comment

Supplemental supplements

Beatle, You must have a stomach made of steel! I get an upset stomach just from taking the l-glut, so I have to take it with food and it still upsets my stomach! Yet I can drink 2 bottles of wine with nothing but a mild headache the day
                          Patience has its limits. Take it too far, and it's cowardice.
                          - George Jackson

Comment

Supplemental supplements

Hi,

The trouble with detox is that it is likely to make you feel ill before it makes you feel better. Or that's the theory anyway. The body is being encouraged to relinquish its toxins, and those toxins have to be dealt with. Expect some discomfort. IMO it's better to seek the advice of a Nutriional Therapist (or other appropriate holistic therapist) when detoxing; they may be able to offer a plan of treatment that avoids too much discomfort. For instance, the organs involved in detox may not be up to the purge and need strengthening beforehand.

I'm a supplement junkie myself. I often wonder whether I am overtaxing my liver and kidneys with all this stuff, rather than aiding them in their jobs. Meanwhile the real reason why I have a tendency to drink too much goes unstudied and untreated. I'm treating, or trying to treat, the symptoms and consequences rather than the cause.

Just thinking.

Dee

Comment

Supplemental supplements

I am NOT a supplement junkie. I hate taking supps.

However, I do the All One, EPO, GABA (which I heartily recommend) and B vits.

I am a gastric bypass patient and thus cannot take too many supps. Tummy simply will not hold them and on top of that travel for a living. You can only do so much.

However, when I do not take my All One and rest, I get really weak. This regimen works for me.

btw, I do take L-Gluatamine UNDER THE TONGUE when craving. It does help, too.

Cindi

PS. I also started SamE last week. This works for depression. It may take a couple of weeks for it to work but I have great hopes. I take it on an empty tummy and wait before I do anything else. As an aside, You can get SamE from many retailers. MWO is cheaper than all of them and the recommended biology to make it work. Not a plug, I have no vested interest in MWO moneywise. It is simply the best place to buy GABA and SamE.. Period. You can check if you want. I am just a subscriber and go for the cheapest... and best.
                              AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Working...
                              X