I just have to say HI THERE and i need suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thanks to everyone for your encouragement.now i have one problem. i cant sleep good. i dont want to take sleep aid anymore . does anyone have any good suggestions. the natural way:thanks: :new: :new:
    :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
    best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

yep!

try...

L-Tryptohan- 500mg fist night, 1000mg, second-fourth night, 1500mg third night and on.. This helps with mood, relaxation and sleep. Take 3 hours before bed. Works with your Seratonin.

Melatonin- take 2.5-5mgs 30 minutes prior to bed. Start with 5mgs, then work down as the L-Tryp starts to work into your system. Works with your Melatonin.

Great combination and all natural. GOOGLE both and do a bit of reading before you try so you see how it feels to you and your body. You can find these both bat Nutrition Stores.

If you want something less, then you can try Valerian. It comes in capsule and tea. I love the tea and keep that around for nights I feel a bit anxious..

Hope this helps.. You can PM me if you have any questions.

MM
    Face your deficiencies and acknowledge them, but do not let them master you. Let them teach you patience, sweetness, insight.

Comment

Hi for me it was a waiting game, I was so scared of taking stuff that I did it the hard way .....

By about day 5 I slept but had nightmares, although I have to say it was worth it ........

BB xx
      sigpicXXX

Comment

Hi Tlrgs, and welcome. I don't sleep well and would be interested in melatonin etc.
        but I don't think I can get it in the UK, I tried valerian, it didn't work.
        Thanks MM.

Comment

Hi Tirgs -

Sleep deprivation is awful. I've struggled with it my whole life. Here are natural sleep aids that I've used that come to mind:

Supplements:
          - Calms Forte: an herbal homeopathic compund in pill form
          - GABA or better yet, GABA plus (with inositol and niacinimide): An amino acid
          - Valerian Root: An herb. Use in liquid form either as a tincture or tea
          - 5HTP - a natural form of trytophan, a precursor to seratonin - a calming neurotransmitter in the brain
          - Melatonin: A natural hormone - sublingual form is best
          - Calcium: high doses of calcium (with vitamin D for absorption) taken at bed time can help make you sleepy.

All of these are calming/sleep inducing and can be found in your local health food store or online. Daily B-complex and vitamin-C supplements are also really helpful for stress reduction and healing.

And then, of course, any exercise, if you can. Even a brisk walk. And no caffiene or sugar. And lots of water.

Good luck! Wonder

Comment

Thanks Wonder, I will try some of your tips.
            Paula.

Comment

Working...
            X