X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day 1

:happy Happy Fly Into July Everyone!

And Happy Day 1!

Fasten your seatbelts for take off... it's going to be a great flight!!

Welcome and congratulations for taking this crucial step for those of you who are starting out today! And welcome back and congratulations to all of you who are continuing your journey into this month! It's going to be a wonderful journey for all of us! I'm really happy to be here with such a great group of people... :h

Tomorrow will mark 12 weeks abs for me, and during that time I've gone from seeing the glass as half empty to seeing it half full... and it ain't full of you-know-what! That's just one small side effect of the abs way for me, I hope you begin and continue to reap your own rewards throughout your journey. You will see that this is an ideal place to express all of your concerns, questions, fears, joys, revelations, frustrations... it's a microcosm full of people who all have one thing in common - we all want to change our relationship to alcohol. And so I hope we all continue to find strength here, and lean on each other for that much needed support!... :d

I'd be curious to know which aspects of the program you all are using right now, and what your goals are for the month. Of course it's fine too if you aren't on the program, and have no specific goals... You're welcome regardless! For me, I'm using supps, hypno cd's, exercise, and the boards here. And my determination is with me at all times, even when I'm sleeping :lol So let us all know what you're up to, we'd love to hear it!

We are very lucky to have Susan joining in to lead us this month! She & I will be alternating each week, so just watch the fancy footwork and try not to get dizzy! Thanks Susan!

Good luck to all of you and thanks for being here!
    Here's to a great AF month for all of us!!!

:h Deirdre :P

P.S. I feel a little lost without my surfboard... But I'll get used to flying...no worries! Or should I say, no fear (of flying you know...ooooohhhh, don't kick my corny butt off the plane please!!) :lol

The best thing about the future is that it only comes one day at a time.
    -Abraham Lincoln

Day 1

Off to a FLYING start, aren't we!!! :rollin

Happy July 1st, everyone! Thanks, Deirdre for all your wonderful support and encouragement and plain hard work in June...great job! And I'm looking forward to being your co-pilot for July!

Love the Lincoln quote--I am so very grateful that we only have to deal with one day at a time...although I have to say, the Emerson quote from yesterday is still running through my brain...yep, a scream is better than a thesis on most days! (She shrieked...)

Okay, so for me it's time to get ready to leave for the long weekend in Vermont....hope those wretched caterpillars have finally transformed themselves...into something....and maybe some of the leaves will come back on the trees...everything looked fairly bare when we were up there a couple of week ago....

My aches and pains from falling into the so-called "pothole" are no worse today, but no better either--still can't fully raise my right arm--so I'm still seeing a doctor on Monday...

Congratulations to everyone who's either starting out today or continuing on...we've got a terrific group here!

Time to take flight! Bon Voyage, All!

susan

Comment

Day 1

Typical of me that I would go back and read the rest of the posts for yesterday AFTER I posted for today....

Many, many thanks for everyone's concern for my pothole incident....(yep, FOUR FEET DEEP. On Broadway. THE Broadway...)....I'm okay...but really, really p'd off!

Thanks RJ for your wonderful work that's helped and is helping so many of us to find our way back to our REAL selves...

And thanks to everyone who was able to post at some point during the month...this CAN be done! Really!

Gabby, Mary Anne, Jane, Kimber, Nancy, Layla and Marcie (yep, I made a list--hope I didn't miss anyone!)--I'm looking forward to continuing on with y'all--and welcome to any newcomers on our July flight to ABS-LAND!

Marcie, please be ever so gentle with yourself--we're all thinking of you and sending loving vibes....

Deirdre, congrats on 12 weeks! And I'm right behind ya, girlfriend, with 82 days and counting...aint the air great up here!

And, Nancy, you're probably way too young to remember an album title from the great 60's comedy group, Fire Sign Theatre: We're All Bozos on This Bus." Maybe we can change that to(: (One way or Another) We're All Bipolar on This Bus!"

Great Day, Lovely People!
      hugs, susan

Comment

Day 1

'Morning y'all,

Day 1 of July... Day 24 out of 25 total for me.

Wecome to Matt and Kim. Great to have ya along! And as always... Good to see everyone else too.

Susan... Pothole? OMG... sounds more like a sink hole! Geeees. Glad you'll be ok.

What aspects of the program are we working... Is that today's topic Deirdre? I'm doing ALL ONE Powder, every supplement offered in MWO Health Store (I also added Chromium Picolinate and upped my L-glut to twice a day to help combat sugar cravings. And added Acidophilus to help with abpsorption), Excercise, and the Abstinance cd's.

I have to admit this past week I got off my e-xcise and cd schedule a bit. I'm just now beginning to feel "normal" again after that one day "slip" last Saturday. Gosh, I remember when a hangover only lasted a day... lol. I really believe it when they say alcohol takes 4 days to get out of your body!

Anyway... July is a new month and today is a new day.(Humming "I Believe I Can Fly)

HAPPY NOT HUNGOVER FIRST DAY OF JULY Y'ALL!

Comment

Day 1

I'm in!

I have been looking at this site for the past month or so. Was going to start last month, but continued to drink instead. I love red wine. I drink almost every day. Yesterday afternoon I drank a bottle by myself (and then another glass). I had a fight with my husband. I cannot completely remember everything I said to him. I'm tired of feeling crappy in the morning and tired of not remembering parts of the night before. I'm always a little fuzzy.

I'm afraid that I can't make it, but will read and post each day. I really want to abstain for 30 days.

Comment

Day 1

Re: I'm in!

Welcome Tess!

You have come to the right place...we start when we're ready and we do what we can...glad today was the day you decided to post and let us know you're here.

I totally understand about the red wine...me too. Love it, but in the end I had to let it go...I posted a while ago that it was like an abusive relationship...I loved the wine but the wine kept beating me up--finally I had to kick the wine out and get on with my life. Whatever you decide is right to do for you (abs or mod), we are all here to support and encourage you. You also might want to get registered (it's free) so that you can go on chat or send and get messages in your Ezbox...

Also, you might want to consider adding the other parts of the program: download the book, supplements, exercise, CD's, etc. We all do the parts that work for us--the important thing is that you're here! And we're here for you!

Take it at your own pace--one foot in front of the other, one step at a time....
            best, susan

Comment

Day 1

I'm back and starting with a clean slate. No more beating myself up over past failures, I want July to be my no more excuses month.

A friend gave me a magnet with the following quote - I thought it was very appropriate - it is going on the refrig where the wine bottle is as a reminder not to be encumbered with that nonsense:

"Finish each day and be done with with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities have crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day. You shall begin in serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense." (Emerson)

Comment

Day 1

I'll be joining on Friday

I'm not quite ready to jump back into abs just yet. But come the end of the week I will be. Just taking advantage of my last few days before tx starts on Friday, not to say I'm going to drink every day, but I may have a couple beers throughout the week. Friday is also my birthday and planning on going out to dinner Thursday night with hubby to celebrate a few things. 1. Hopefully the completion of our shed we've been building. 2. My 34th birthday. 3. The beginning of my new long term sobriety. 4. Starting to kill this virus that is trying to take over my liver. 5. Life in general!

Marcie

Comment

Day 1

Re: I'll be joining on Friday

Hey Marcie--We know you're with us! Enjoy your week!

Hey Donna!

Welcome (or welcome back!)--Iluf, Kris, Matt, Kim--Wow, what great crowd we've become!

Onwards and, especially, upwards!!! You really CAN fly,if you believe it! So, believe it and start flapping your wings!!

:h

susan

Comment

Day 1

Hi Everybody - I've missed you so! June didn't work for me, but it's Canada Day here and a day of new beginnings. Love the Emerson quote - it's going on my fridge, too.

Is this everyone? Deidre, Susan, Gabby, Mary Anne, Jane, Kim, Nancy, Layla, Marcie, and Matt? Sometimes I have trouble matching names to user names.

I have realized how NB it is for me to keep in touch with you guys...need to check out this ezpost stuff, whatever that is.
                    Had trouble coping with highschool graduations (my eldest daughter and memories of mine)...at least hers didn't involve alcohol as mine did...can't even recall what my dresss looked like - sad or what? My middle daughter is always talking about kids getting loaded and seems desperate to try drinking (she's 15) and I don't know whether to sit down and talk to her about my problems...like they don't know about it, anyway...I think I need a bit more strength, but am also wondering if she'd provide some for me? Or is that too much to ask a 15 yr old girl?

I'm addicted to red wine, too...sometimes I think it's an allergy thing, too...am full of allergies but that's probably due to a poor immune system caused by...well, you know.

A question: has anyone related strength of cravings to hormonal fluctuations?

And I don't have l-glut...sounds like I should hunt for it...don't know if it's legal here in Canada or not?
                    Saving up for the hypnosis cds, although they sound a bit too new age for my liking.
                    :eek

Glad to be back...am planning to flylady, too and clean up some detritus that's been accumulating while I've been escaping from life.

later
                    PR

Comment

Day 1

Sujul,

Thanks for the message. I am looking forward to feeling clear headed. I'm going to miss my wine though. I justified by telling myself that red wine has antioxidants in it that are good for me....neglecting the fact that a bottle or two is not in the presciption.

Today I'm going to a party. That will be a real test for my first day. I'll let you know.

Comment

Day 1

I am jumping in on Mon, just blew it and opened a beer........doesn't taste too good though, maybe the topa!? Maybe I will jump in today and dump it????? Thanks to everyone here.......Kris,gabby, susan, marcie, diedre, kimber, tess (welcome, you'll love it ), layla and pr! Mostly thanks to RJ for this wonderful program....sorry if I missed someone, my "list" is in my brain, which is a little fuzzy.

Talk to you all soon!! Happy flying!:happy :P :y

Mary Anne

Comment

Day 1

Happy July!

Howdy Gang,

It's day 11 for me and I'm looking forward to flying through July with ya'll. My program involves everything but the Topa. All of the vitamins and supplements are making a huge difference! I've also added acidopholus to help heal my abused intestines. Walking everyday (almost) feels absolutely wonderful and helps to get rid of my nervous energy. I am absolutely NOT a new age type but have found the hypno cd's to be indespensible.

Something I've been working on that seems to be very helpful is not only positive thinking but positive FEELING. Whenever mr. red wine craving taps me I brush him off and focus on things that truly FEEL GOOD like hugging and playing with my wonderful children, waking up and feeling great, and the new feeling of freedom on the horizon.

I'm still new at this so I'm truly trying to take good care of myself and take it easy (That's new!).

Tess, 12 nights ago I drank 2 bottles of red wine myself before saying thats it / had enough. I already had many of the MWO resources on hand so I jumped right in. Please consider ordering the CD's and supplement starter kit. On this journey we need all the help the we can get. We're here for you friend.

Matt

Be patient with your struggles and challenges.

"Infinite patience yields immediate results." - Wayne Dyer

PS Did I mention that I also quit smoking June 4? Am I insane!?

Comment

Day 1

Pour me a glass...!

Dierdre, thought of you when I saw this. A good little read next time you're sipping on the pomegranate juice. Fellas, don't miss this one!

RJ

(Happy flying, all!)

Comment

Day 1

Re: Pour me a glass...!

Welcome all. I'm on Day 13 and hanging in. My sugar cravings are raging but I'm sitting on the water in NC and have my supps with my, but dang, forgot the cd's so I'll have to forgo that part for a few days! Right now it wasn't so much the wine or vodka calling as it was the ice cream sandwich, but I didn't go there either because one thing leads to another. I also discovered in my massive diet test that I probably have a wheat allergy! I was doing great and losing weight steadily every day when I wanted a bit of variety and my diet said that I could have a bit of whole wheat bread well toasted with cheese well melted and I gave myself a couple of treats and started craving like crazy. I didn't give in but I did remember that I don't really drink beer but when I have one, I bloat and get full and all immediately and the only scotch that I like is occasionally a single malt neat, and it must be 18 to 25 years...hmmm...definitely allergies I think. Anyway, glad that I'm at 13, definitely in for the 30 and then I'm going to have to put my pocket book away because I'm spending money in different ways right now...eek! My reward system is out of whack...:happy

Comment

Working...
                              X