Abstinence is now my corner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This morning decided to check this area of MWO for a change as now on a determined path to take this road. Only day 3 for me, so nothing really to say. Wish it was day 30! but I think I can do it. Its nice to visit a place where others are on the same path, keeping a line open. Less lonely and intimidating! I want to be here.
    A BushBaby with Attitude

Elizabeth - Good for you on your determination, it is a formidable tool. So is this forum, and so glad to see you here. We are here for you, and we understand every thing that you are thinking/fearing/feeling. Talk to us, read, post. It's all good. You are in a good place, and we are glad to know you. Together, anything is possible.
    The furture lies before you like newly fallen snow - be careful how you tread it, for every step will show.

Comment

Return of The Londoner

Hullo Elizabeth and Hannah and All at MWO.

I have been away from the boards for quite a while, as I had planned to try moderation from mid December and somehow it took me away from MWO.

I think because I had notched up 100+ days AF before trying to mod made a huge difference but I had written into my plan that long stretches of AF are crucial and so today is Day 1 for me of a 30 day AF stint.

It feels very good to be back here, I love you all and I have missed you. I will have plenty of time to find out what has been going on in my absence as I shall be reading lots over the next few days and weeks!

Anna:h
      IS MILIS FION,ACH IS SEARBH A IOC
      Wine is sweet, but paying for it is bitter

Comment

hi anna, elizabeth and Hannah

I'm day 21 AF today and things are looking good. Anna, can I ask, did you try to mod after 100 days AF then decide to go AF again?
        Honour Thyself

Comment

Hi Emily

When I went AF for 100+ days, it started as a 30 day AF plan, which built up to over 100. I had always planned to try mods but was unsure when that would happen. It is quite scary to drink again after a long period of abstinence, but I have a lot more respect for alcohol these days, and I think my body chemistry might have changed too. I feel good. My goal is moderation with lots of AF periods built into my life, at regular intervals throughout the year. Who knows, my current 30 AF plan might extend beyond that period, all I know is that this is a good time for me to do this-I am going on a very important emotional journey back to the West of Ireland at the beginning of March and I need to be strong for that, and that's what AF does, it makes you strong.

Well done with the 21 days-what is your goal around AF? I can honestly say, the longer the period of AF the better!

Anna:h
          IS MILIS FION,ACH IS SEARBH A IOC
          Wine is sweet, but paying for it is bitter

Comment

I am on day 39, it has gone by without a hitch this time, I am thinking maybe I finally get it. Some days it does not even cross my mind.

Good luck to you, this is a good place to be.
            AF since 7/5/2009

Comment

Welcome to ABs Land, Elizabeth. I hope you will join in on out daily thread, either at "The INN" or on our daily thread. We could use a Bush Baby with Attitude around here.

Congrats on your decision to try Abs.

:welcome:

Hugs,:l

Kathy
              AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Working...
              X