Newbies in need - ODAT - Monday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning all and welcome to a new week! Apparantly today in the UK is officially something like the most depressing day of the year. The weather is certainly joining in the act! Ugggh. Wet and windy. Still, inside all the lights are on, the fire is blazing, the dogs are snoozing and I am going to mostly do inside jobs today. And I certainly don't feel depressed!

I didn't mange to be AF last night, despite my firm resolution. It was the open bottle of wine and hubby drinking it that did it for me. Still, not very much and it has now gone (although really it would have been better not to have gone into me!!) and the temptation with it. Am home alone for the next two nights which used to mean a bottle plus but now means AF. I have a list of jobs planned for the evening. I'm looking forward to the bed to myself and a new book to start - sounds so tempting I'd like to do that right now but it's only 8am.....!!

How did you do Universal? Better than me I bet!

Hi to all to follow. Looking forward to reading all your posts.

Bessie xx

:h Morning Bessie and everyone to follow

It is day 1 for me today so i will be thinking of you this evening curled up with the dogs, reading a good book and keeping big AL at arms length lol After all the jobs have been done of course!! But hey as long as AL keeps away the jobs can always be done another day

Hope everyone else has a really good day

Sweetpea xx
    :flower: Keep strong and focused things do get better and you will find your happy :h

Comment

Hi Bessie, Sweetpea and all to come

It certainly is a day for the fire. Have been out in it with the doggies but we stuck to paths in the forest to get some shelter. Have loads to do in the house but am sitting here with my coffee getting my MWO fix first. Having to share the computer at week-ends is a pain!!

Hope everyone is doing well. Good luck with Day 1 Sweetpea, know you have not been feeling too good but you did 30 Days in November so you know you can do it. Day 21 for me so am on the home stretch for this month. There is a dinner coming up beginning of February and I might have wine with that but Lent is starting just after it so I intend to go AF for that and thats 6 weeks. Thats the plan anyways.

Rustop

Comment

Hi Bessie, Sweetpea and Rustop,

We are having record breaking lows along the US East Coast so I can relate to the dreary day thing. A day inside sounds wonderful but I have to get to work.

I am back and it is day one for me. I was never too far away - lurking but frustrated with my AF attempts. I have had alot of false starts in January and then was going to wait until lent but have decided to dive right in with Sweetpea - you go girl!!!

I am encouraged to be back. Thank you all for listening.

Evergreen

PS Satori if you are out there. Something you posted several months ago has stuck with me - Just do it . . do whatever it takes . . quit talking about it. Here goes.

Comment

hi all, yeah winter is upon us 7 degrees here today.
          af yesterday long solid sleep last night.
          hope to have some fun with the kids today.
          I have a bunch of work i need to do before a meeting on wednesday.
          good luck everone stay warm and dry haha
          rudemama

Comment

Morning all
            Satori is so right.........whatever it takes....some moments, hours, days will be harder than others...Chief once told me "stop torturing yourself" (basically shit or get off the pot!), when I kept going back and forth with myself....should I, could I? I had every excuse in the book why I needed/wanted/deserved to keep drinking......It took me a while, but I kept thinking those words and finally made the decision to stop the torture. I am taking it just one day at a time..yesterday was a real tough battle, my mind was exhausted from talking to AL a good part of the day..I am just glad there was no booze in the house to make the temptation worse. On a good note, the urges do seem to be less frequent. It is when they hit, we need to "do whatever it takes"...Wise words.
            sobriety date 11-04-07

Comment

Good morning everyone,
              I haven't had time to stop in much last week, but the major crisis at work is winding down and I hope to have more time for ME again, which means coming here daily, reading and posting., and getting back to listening to the CD's.

While I only managed one AF night, I'm still pleased with how much I've cut back. My Topa arrived in the mail, but I'm a little afraid to start it, as I've read that people have major word recall issues with it. I'm currently taking classes for a pretty tough certification which will require a 4 hour exam. Anyone in this thread taking Topa? I'd love to hear your experiences...

You guys are the greatest, it really helps to read everyone else's words here.
              Be of good cheer. Do not think of today's failures, but of the success that may come tomorrow. You have set yourselves a difficult task, but you will succeed if you persevere; and you will find joy in overcoming obstacles (Helen Keller)

Comment

good morning!

Hi everyone!! It is Monday, most of our city is still home in bed due to MLK day.................I am at work though, tough while entire house is still asleep.......grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!
                Easy day, but that means for a very loooooooooong
                day too

Haven't been doing too well moderating lately, weekends are "WTF", cuz I cannot go to the gym, just the act of going to Publix is a MAJOR chore..........made a banana bread last night, and watched ALOT of TV.............weather here in Tally SUCKS!!! It was cold and rainy on Sat and cold and windy on Sun.................bed weather!

Well, back in the saddle again (I wish!! )

Love you all, thanks for being here to help me through this tough time!!:thanks:

MA:h
                :rays:My happiness is my greatest gift to others:rays:eace:

Comment

Hi everyone, yes the weather is awful, but I'm ok. Haven't had a drink for some time
                  but not counting, as that seems to put a jinx on me! Good luck Sweetpea, Deena, Charlee
                  Ever, Rustop, keep your chin up CG, and Bessie. Your an inspiration MM.
                  love Paula. x
                  p.s just noticed I am now a senior member!!

Comment

Hi everyone - Despite my best intentions I haven't gotten more than a week AF in since way before the holidays. New Year's was going to be a New Start!

Anyway, today is as good a day one as any, I guess. Do you mind if I join you all again for a while?

Mmmm. I think baking banana bread sounds like an excellent idea.

Comment

congrats!

Paula,

Congrats on "senior status"!!! I will catch up and be a senior soon too probably as much as I post on here!!?? Feel like I do post too much at times!!

Love,

MA:l :h
                      :rays:My happiness is my greatest gift to others:rays:eace:

Comment

Yeah Paula!!!!...Congrats on being a Senior Member
                        sobriety date 11-04-07

Comment

Thanks girls, I wish sanity and sensibility came with seniority.
                          I will keep on trying.!!

Comment

ODATers,

Good morning to all. I am actually sitting in my house, not on an airplane. :wd:

What a wonderful feeling!! I don't fly out until Thursday. I have to do an over the weekend gig.

Hubby is off today and we have granddaughter so I should have a nice day with family.

Paula, congrats on the senior status and I am with you on the not counting. It messes with my mind too much. I just need to look at each day as a new one. Period.

Glad to see everyone is here and hope all meet their goals today, whatever they may be.

Love,
                            Cindi
                            AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Hey guys,

Glad to hear everyone so positive today!

Bessie, no, I didn't fare well either so we are back together today on Day one - I plan to make the rest of the month AF - only 10 days, I can do it. ODAT - I am getting my kudzu and my L-Glut back out of the closet and am going to go at it with all my willpower.

I had a good weekend with the boyfriend - we laughed and joked - I am still apprehensive though as I am trying to guard my heart - he still has a lot of emotional issues and I'm scared of getting hurt so I'm taking everyones advice and am trying to take a step back, slow things down and let him get through them.

I'm soooo bitter that Green Bay lost last night! Was so hoping for a New England/Green Bay superbowl...........LOL

Have a great day everyone - thanks for always being there - love this thread.......love you guys.
                              Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.
                              :h

Comment

Working...
                              X