Mon. - Jan. 21 - Daily Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Today is a new day, & I'll put the weekend behind me. I just read yesterday's thread again...so much love & support. The drinking was a real lesson for me. When I drink, it's alcoholically...right from the first sip. Why did I drink? I think I just wanted to blur the edges for a while. I just wanted out & didn't know how else to do it. Sure, a nice little drink works for some people, but for me, one is never, ever enough. I feel physically rotten today (I'm glad), because I drank quite a lot, though not the quantities I used to. But mentally & emotionally, I feel OK. I know I can abstain, because I've done it now. I don't feel back at square one even though I'm using today's date as my sobriety date. I love you all & thank you, Mary
    Wisdom, Courage, Strength
    October 3, 2012

Mary, I'm so glad you are so positive. I've been there so many times, and it's really not
    worth it, as we all eventually (hopefully) find out. You are a strong person and such a
    valuable contributor to this site.
    Love Paula.

Comment

Mary
      After 100 days +, you truly do know how sobriety feels, and am so glad you have that positive outlook..we do learn from our lessons.
      I too, had one of my worst "urge"days yesterday..all I wanted to do is escape for a little while, and I could not shake that feeling all day (I swear I even had the shakes, my eyes kept welling up with tears....my mood, won't even go there!!). Problem is I know I did not just want one drink..I wanted that bottle, I wanted to stand there and just guzzle, until I didn't feel anymore....just for a little while.......Managed to stay AF, knowing I would wake up this morning with a nasty hangover, and would of accomplised nothing..I probably should have posted, as I know the support would of been there, but I also knew it was my choice and within my control as to what I would do with those feelings. A real crap day, it was......couldn't wait for that Giants game to be over so I could hit the sack and forget about it. Today is a new day for all of us........We will do this by taking it just One day at a time!!!
      sobriety date 11-04-07

Comment

went 19 days AF....now back to 1

moderated yesterday during the football games...didn't have a "better" or "worse" time...

feel somewhat depressed because of the $6 i spent on that beer....
        -maybe, is the new maybe-

Comment

Hi all,

I'm okay here. Just worrying about money, but that's the story of my life. At least being sober, I can think of more constructive ways to handle things, rather than making a swan dive into a bottle.

I enjoy watching TV now. It's funny, I used to feel contempt for people who watched TV, liking drinking yourself into a stupor was a BETTER CHOICE?? Anyway, I will do that now sometimes at night. I also like to read more. Unfortunately, I still fall asleep pretty fast.

Oh well, I'm going to work today. I know that some people aren't. Please say a prayer for Maddy. She's driving back down from New York today. I still get worried for her in city traffic...

Have a good day all.

Hugs,:l

Kathy
          AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Well done Charlee, Treeman brush yourself down and start over again, at least
            you moderated.
            Paula.

Comment

Hi everyone

Mary, I just wanted to offer you support and every good wish for continued sobriety. Thank you for being so honest. Remaining AF is a constant battle for most of us. Remember it took years for us to reach the point we were at when we joined MWO. We could just continue the way we were or log on here and try and try again. You have the right attitude, each time you come back and get on with it. Remember you did it ODAT.

Hope everyone has a great week.

Rustop

Comment

Mary,

Just caught on yesterday's posts. Day 1 AF is the way to go for you. Today is Day 1 for all of us. Your persistence will see you through.

July

Comment

Thanks so much everyone. Treeman, today we'll start together. I won't let my mind control me the way it did this past weekend. Instead, I'll come to MWO until the urge passes. I feel the alcohol leaving my system...I've been drinking lots of water & tea. Mary
                  October 3, 2012

Comment

Happy Monday ABoriginees!

doing well and happy to be here. Treeman...6 bucks for a beer? do you live in Tokyo? wow.

internet has been down so only just now catching up...zoom zoom
                    be well friends.
                    nosce te ipsum
                    (Know Thyself)

Comment

Hello all -

Still hanging in there as far as staying away from Alcohol, in all its forms. I am concerned that I'm getting a little complacent; my last hangover is nearly a month away now. I feel great in most every way - and I wonder why it is at these moments that its hardest to keep away from drinking. Do I want to sabotage myself? It seems to be the way my cycle goes. I want to keep that commitment to at least 30 days, but I also need to start thinking of what comes next. Don't want day 31 to be a binge....

I wish this were simpler.

Hope the rest of you are doing well.

Comment

Senex: I agree that the longer I stayed away from drinking, the more complacent I got. I wasn't on guard this past weekend & ended up drinking. Since I can't drink moderately, I had a hangover & the whole nine yards. I know what comes next for me. I cannot drink. I have to think about a lifetime of AF. That said: I only have today to stay sober & thinking about the future can be a trigger. Mary
                        October 3, 2012

Comment

I do agree that as we get away from AL for any period of time, I find I think ok, maybe I can have just one. So far, I have been able to tell myself that no I cannot have just one, becuase I cannot stop at just one. I need to get it all out of my system for a long period of time before i try that experiement.
                          BHOG
                          War isn't working. Let's try Peace!

Comment

Working...
                          X