Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I slipped...

hi all

after 20 days af - for no apparrent reason i drank friday, and saturday and yesterday (finishing leftovers) i'm completely fed up with myself

why is the fear of losing my kids and ruining my health not enough?? it's like a vicious circle- i drink for 3,4,maybe 5 days- then for 2-3 three weeks i'm mega healthy- then a binge. regular as clockwork
    Im so tired of it and so are my family

thanks
    Lou x

I slipped...

I feel for you. I can only go one day so far.

I know that everyone will post and say don't beat yourself up. That is what is so great about this site. But that is so much easier said than done.

But, I am going to say that 20 days is way better than I am doing. So good for you.

And why are all those rotten consequences not enough to motivate? I don't get that either. But they are not. I am banking on the hyno CDs and herbal cocktail to help once it arrives.

So, hang in there! And know that you are, at least, doing better than someone else out there. And they keep telling me that it is ok to keep starting over.

Comment

I slipped...

Thanks

I know everyone here will be supportive, they're brilliant, that's why i keep coming back here after a slip- theres so much encouragement.

Good luck to you croft and thanks for the reply

Comment

I slipped...

Hi Lou...I'm not totally sure, but are you female? If so....is that pattern linked to your menstrual cycle? Just a thought....

Suze x
        Just hand me the chocolate and.........I'll consider my position. My solicitor has advised me to say no more than that.

Comment

I slipped...

Hi suze

Yes i am, i have mentioned it to my gp and he dismissed the idea. So i looked into supplements and nutrional help etc- in fact i've tried pretty much everything, aa, counselling, hypnotherapy- anti d's, supplements

Nothing seems to work longer than 3 weeks for me

Lou x

Comment

I slipped...

Lou, when I was drinking heavily I always craved it more when I was pre-menstrual, that was when I was more likely to binge ........
            sigpicXXX

Comment

I slipped...

HI Lou, sorry your feeling bad, have you tried evening primrose ?
              its good for hormonal probs.

Comment

I slipped...

Wow, I never linked drinking heavily to pre-mentstrual but it certainly makes sense. I have noticed that when I have pms that I get drunk alot easier so perhaps our bodies can't metabolize alcohol at this time. I was doing well the last few weeks and this past week have binged a fair bit and am indeed pms'ing. Interesting.... Hang in there Lou, you have alot of support here and we are all rooting for you.

Comment

I slipped...

Hi Lou- I think the "no apparent reason" could be little AL sneaking up on you, innocently suggestion "just one, please?".... and since we are naturally forgiving creatures, and since we feel great with our new health, we convince ourselves it's okay.

The good news is that you figured it out so quickly. No rationalizing for you- you goofed, end of story. Well, welcome to a new day 1, my friend! :heart:

And if it's clockwork, then Betty B and Suze have probably hit it right on the head!:hitme:

Patty
                  Tampa, FL

Comment

I slipped...

I am willing to try a new day one with someone else. Are you game? I am only willing to try with one person cause keeping with all of these posts is too hard for me. Wish I had all that time.

But one folk, I would share one goal - commrad

Comment

I slipped...

I am sorry that you are feeling so rotten, I know only too well what that feels like. I don't understand why all these consequences that we have as a result of our drinking does not stop us - its alcohol cunning,baffling and powerful. I too am a binger - only I can usually only go 4-5 days before I start in again. Good luck to you and just know you are not alone.

Pbear
                      when you fail at something is when you learn and grow the most

Comment

Working...
                      X