I got too cocky

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got too cocky

Everything was going so good, I did my 30 days and more af. I have been able to drink
    responsibly, one drink at the most. Well I went off all sups. I got too cocky , thinking I
    had this thing beat. Last night I had three glasses of wine and my tolerence is so low
    (never was good anyhow!) and got totally ripped, ruined a family dinner, I think. I'm too embarassed to talk to anyone. I'm afraid of what my Husband is going to say when he wakes up. I just have to stop drinking completely, this is not working. I feel like I'm the worst person in the world. I just can't handle this.:upset:

I got too cocky

Boots,

You are talking to a group of people who understand.

I am sorry you ruined a family dinner but at least you were with family.

Take care of yourself today and start back on the program. You know it works, you went 30 days and more AF.

Be good to yourself so you can get better.

Cindi
    AF April 9, 2016

Comment

I got too cocky

Oh Boots - you're NOT the worst person in the world.....I've just posted about the hugely strong full moon today....so many folk have 'fallen over' this weekend and I felt more wobbly about it than almost ever before in 8 months!.....I am sure there is something in this moon stuff....we get wobbly and lose our balance and full senses....then drink and wham....

Pick up and dust off.....yesterday was yesterday....today is AF and tomorrow is tomorrow.

The moon will 'soften' after tomorrow too.....hang in there and don't beat yourself up. I hope your hubby can find you a hug. Maybe check out what modding levels will work for you or decide that AF is it.....I can do one but am sure two means I would lose my 'senses' and three would follow.....you've done so well....don't give up on yourself now by jumping to any conclusions!

Thinking of you...

FMS xx
      :heart: c: :heart:
      "Be patient and gentle with yourself - the magic is in you."

Comment

I got too cocky

Hi Boots, sorry you feel so bad, done this so many times myself. I'm sure your husband will
        forgive you, remember this will pass, just go back to the beginning, and don't forget your
        achievement 30 days is great.
        Paula.

Comment

I got too cocky

Thank you, I'm just so down on myself right now. I can handle almost anything thrown at me but I can not handle drinking. I want to drink like everyone else, but it just effects me so badly. I just need to find the strength to really quit.

Comment

I got too cocky

Hang in there boots.

Finding myself-I really need to thank you for the Full Moon information. I woke up this morning completly crazed and did not know why. I think you are right; there is something in it. Maybe I'll turn into a werewolf.
            Goal 1: Today
            Goal 2: Tomorrow

Comment

I got too cocky

This happens to all of us Boots. We feel comfortable and stretch the limits a little too far. It is not really a failure at all. It is just part of the education process. We all have different limits and we all have to learn what they are. Unfortunately slips and falls are the only way to learn.

Chalk this one up to education, get back on the supps and back on the wagon. You're still doing a great job!
              Rest in Peace, Bear. We miss you.

Comment

I got too cocky

I know what you mean about being too cocky. We think we have this thing under control and then it jumps up and bites us in the ___!

I had major drinking dreams last night - like in the dream, I was sneaking drinks and drinking all night. it freaked me out. I guess it never goes away completely eh? We can only feel thanks for the moments we have....
                Over 4 months AF :h

Comment

I got too cocky

so sorry you are so low...i understand...today is a new day and you can begin again..be proud of what you have achieved and try not to beat yourself up too much..big hugs and blessings...buckle

Comment

I got too cocky

We've all been there and done some form of it.

I just got out of detox and I'm already nipping at the bottle.

I know it's easier said than done, but don't be too hard on yourself.

XO

Comment

I got too cocky

Boots, congrats on how far you have come, concentrate on that ....... not how bad you feel .......... In the sheme of things you are actually winning .........
                      sigpicXXX

Comment

Working...
                      X