Newbie-yet Oldie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbie-yet Oldie

Hello, I have been visiting this board since July 2006. Although it was under a different name of Bambino ( many may recoil in shock). I found this place extremely forgiving and at times ruthless, but - needs must. and I needed to be taken down a peg or several hundred ! I see that there are still a lot of the old stalwarts here ( pardon the expression !) I have now not taken a drink since April 2007, now then this is an ambiguous term for me ' not taken a drink '. By that I mean I have not been dependent on alcohol since this date. But I have on sevaeral occasions 'tested' myself by bringing home 2 bottles of wine, downing them, and finding out if I will copy this behaviour the next day. It didn't happen...
    Anyway, I was just giving a bit of background. I have not taken a 'test' drink ( gosh I love these inverted commas don't I ? ! for 8 months now, and although my shyness at being able to cope in a social situation kicks in often, it is bearable. BUT ..... I am 15 months pregnant and have seen my baby whose brain heart and stomach is perfect and it's legs are like Peter Crouch's ( for those who are Liverpool FC fans ) wahay.... After all that misery, by being shackled to that bastard who sucks your life away - not even before your eyes, because you don't even notice it. There is HOPE HOPE HOPE . please - I am not preaching I would have dismissed myself last year. the year before, but now I say... just hang on... your time is waiting for you.
    I wish you All The Best.
    Love
    Liz
    xxx

Newbie-yet Oldie

Hi Pear: I thought I posted on here, but didn't show up?? I don't know you from the old days but welcome back. I don't know who Peter Crouch is ?! thank you for posting, I keep waiting for my "time" .. also shy in social situations. hang around and chat with us some more ..
    :boxer: Get the hell out of my house, Al, you worthless bastard!!

Comment

Working...
    X