Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm Makin It!!!

Hi All,
    Just felt like sharing my accomplishments with you all. I have been AF now for 20 days and am not wanting to drink now at all! I evan went out to the bar last weekend to play pool and didn't drink, nor did I want to! Another test for me was one of my brother's came to visit who drinks alot and I still did not cave and have a drink. I have to admit that I almost did, but talked myself out of it. So now I am thinking this means that I have what it takes to stay AF for good now! Anyway, I just felt like sharing with you all and hope that this is encouraging to others who are struggling. Thank you all for your support!!!

I'm Makin It!!!

Wonderful! What an accomplishment. It is such a good feeling when it all clicks. Why don't you share your stategy with everyone?

-GTC
    "If you want to change, then change." -Blonde Chic from LOST

Comment

I'm Makin It!!!

I agree with Gottachange share the strategy because I could sure use all the help I can get

Sweetpea xx
      :flower: Keep strong and focused things do get better and you will find your happy :h

Comment

I'm Makin It!!!

that is so cool. I am on day 9 and although I have this little voice in my head saying it'd be nice to have a little (!) glass of wine I know that I will feel so sh.. t after it that it puts me off. I feel so good in the mornings, I feel awake and clear headed, I can actually go to bed and read and I sleep sooooooooo well. You are doing great, I hope I will be in the same position as you on day 20. Keep up the good work!
        AF since 27th February 2011

Comment

I'm Makin It!!!

great work on 20 days keep it up you "sound" really happy
          Jacqui
          Mwo,s worst speller....

Comment

I'm Makin It!!!

Hey, Jellybean!

That is FANTASTIC!

20 days and two tests like that.. you are doing very well.

Keep it up.. Are you planning to stay AF? Sounds like you have what it takes.. Let us know how you are doing. Stay close and stay in touch...

Namaste,

MM
            Face your deficiencies and acknowledge them, but do not let them master you. Let them teach you patience, sweetness, insight.

Comment

I'm Makin It!!!

Jellybean
              Congratulations...please keep on sharing
              sobriety date 11-04-07

Comment

I'm Makin It!!!

Hi All,
                Again, thank you all for the encouragement. A couple of you mentioned my stradegy, well I am actually afraid if I have just one drink that I will start right back up again and be drinkin everyday. So every time I think I want a drink, I just remind myself of how far I have made it and I just can't live with that. Another thing that helps me is that I started drinking this natural soda that reminds me of the taste of wine and I drink them alot. It also helps me to share with you all. I do plan on being AF for good now. You see, I know some people can handle having a drink now and then and be ok. But I know I am not one of those people, so it is best that I stay away from it all together. I do want to ask that you all will be thinking of me for the next few days though. I will be tested once again. My dad just passed away tonight and I am used to drinking when I get bad news. So far I am doing ok, but please keep me in your thoughts!!! Thanks again!!

Comment

I'm Makin It!!!

Jellybean

I started to read this thread and want to say well done.

I am really sorry to hear of the loss of your father. Please take care of yourself and remember how far you have come (read your first post if you feel tempted at all).

My prayers and thoughts are with you.

Mandy x

Comment

I'm Makin It!!!

believe in yourself and when you do share,share it all without fear and setback, you will get into doubts but ones you share it all you have peace its the best thing you can ever do to yourself. go for it

Comment

I'm Makin It!!!

Jellybeanjod,

Thinking of you. So sorry about your dad.

Take care. Now is a really good time to be sober, you may be needed by family and you want to be clearheaded for them.

Hugs,
                      Cindi
                      AF April 9, 2016

Comment

I'm Makin It!!!

Oh Jellybean,I'm so sorry for your loss.

You are doing great being AF, just don't let your guard down and remember what brought you here to MWO!

Keep up the great work and I wish you strength in the up coming days.
                        Marcie

Comment

I'm Makin It!!!

Oh, Jellybean, I am so sorry to hear about your loss. Please remember to take good care of yoruself today and the days to come. You have come so far and sound so good. Staying sober will allow you to work through any feelings as they come up - truthfully, and you will be so thankful of that as time goes by. The best gift you can give yoursefl and those around you is to stay sober. Stay real close and let us know how you are doing, OK?

Thinking of you!

Namaste,

MM
                          Face your deficiencies and acknowledge them, but do not let them master you. Let them teach you patience, sweetness, insight.

Comment

I'm Makin It!!!

Dear Jellybean,

I am so very sorry to hear about you Dad. You are in my thoughts and prayers. Youv'e come so far, try and remember that drinking won't help during this sad time.

Take care ((hugs)),
                            Tammie
                            "Faith is taking the first step, even when you don't see the whole staircase." -- Martin Luther King Jr.

Comment

I'm Makin It!!!

Jelly: I am so, so sorry to hear about your dad. We are all thinking of you.. :groupluv:
                              :boxer: Get the hell out of my house, Al, you worthless bastard!!

Comment

Working...
                              X