Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I always feel like, somebody's watching me.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can't believe it!

I really can't.

I have been 5 days into my latest and greatest attempt to stop and am already feeling like I have made progress. Ok, ok, I am still drinking. Whatever. Rolled my eyes. Sighed heavily.

But I feel more guilty than ever about drinking. And making me feel more guilt than I am already capable of inflicting on myself is no easy feat.

So here is an example. I am at the liquor store at lunch. I know, I vowed not to do it, but shit. Anyway, I look behind me in line, as I felt like someone was breathing down my neck. And there all of you were. Breathing down my neck. I looked back at you and you all looked straight back at me with eyes that said, "What are you doing?"

So I did manage to ignore all of you while I got back in the car. But then I looked in the rear-view mirror - "GOSH - dont you people have somewhere to be?!", I yelled at all of you. But you all just looked at me and said, "well, what are you going to do now?"

I am not going to answer that. Instead I am going to tell you that this site - all of you - have made me more aware and more alert to the changes that I need to make than I have ever been. I know that it is not much. I am still drinking. But my desire to stop is different this time. I am very appreciative of the time that it takes to read all the posts and post responses. I know that it takes time and I am grateful that all of you make time. I am going to get better. And I know that all of you will as well. This site is way too cool for it not to be true.

THANKS

Croft, just look how many times you see a betty boop picture or toy ...... I am watching you ......... for a good reason I promise ........
    sigpicXXX

Comment

It is a journey and we are here for you....blessings...buckle

Comment

Croft
        I wrote in the other thread...I don't know if you read. I kept drinking until the postman came. don't beat yourself up. The stuff (supps and cds) is working for me. I know I'm only day 2... but I don't feel like having a drink. And I ALWAYS felt like having a drink.
        It's personal, myself and I, we've got some straightening out to do. And I'm gonna miss you like a child misses their blanket but I've got to get a move on with my life.
        It's time to be a big girl now....

Comment

Croft , that was a song in the 80s . did michael Jackson sing backup on that back when he still had a real face?
          I am like you, still trying to quit, but i feel like this place is giving me the tools and the hope and damn it very soon that "I mean it" voice is going to kick in!!!!!!
          :boxer: Get the hell out of my house, Al, you worthless bastard!!

Comment

IKnowItsTrue;259363 wrote: Croft
            I wrote in the other thread...I don't know if you read. I kept drinking until the postman came. don't beat yourself up. The stuff (supps and cds) is working for me. I know I'm only day 2... but I don't feel like having a drink. And I ALWAYS felt like having a drink.
            I hear you and am trying to just make it until the post-man comes.

Comment

I too am waiting for the postman but drinking at the same time and feeling guilty also. If I couldn't change before, why would I be able to now (without the tools and help)? I don't think it has been any different for me because I always felt this way and try to push it aside. I try to keep telling myself that this will be a new beginning as soon as it all comes into place.

dj

Comment

Croft, I am watching you. :bonkers: God, that even creeped me out.

Dexterhead, that song was by one hit wonder--Rockwell.
                Goal 1: Today
                Goal 2: Tomorrow

Comment

I too am still drinking. Now feel that my hubby and all MWO are watching when I stop at the AL store. keep asking myself why?
                  Very few AF days lately.
                  Picked up liv-52 tonight to help along with the other sups.

You are not alone.

Winefree

Comment

Working...
                  X