feeling so down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

feeling so down

i am having a hard day...i just feel so low...i must go on but am finding it so hard...i am really struggling...thanks for reading...blessings :l buckle

feeling so down

buckle...

What's getting you so down?

stay close today! Read, post.. there is always someone here - always! Ask someone to chat..

Can you mix it up today? go to a movie, a bookstore? SHOPPING?
    Face your deficiencies and acknowledge them, but do not let them master you. Let them teach you patience, sweetness, insight.

Comment

feeling so down

hi buckle,
      I am sorry to hear you are down?
      Is there anything I can help with?
      Want to share how/what you are feeling?
      Are you withdrawing from AL?

Post, stay close...lots of people here for supprt!
      Love and hugs,
      K
      Striving to live life without ALCOHOL

Comment

feeling so down

What's up Buckle? Did something happen? I know you are going to VT next month, hang in there. I know it's tough, we all know.
        Marcie

Comment

feeling so down

have been drinking way too much every night...am going to lenair feb 7th and wish it was today...i am so depressed...have too much on my plate...work, kids, etc...just everything seems so overwhelming...just want to give up some days...today is one of those days...buckle

Comment

feeling so down

How about stopping drinking now, not waiting until Feb 7th?

I know it's overwhelming, but being AF helps it really does.
            Marcie

Comment

feeling so down

Hi Buckle: also feeling very down, still drinking too much, planning AF start tonight, but yuck, hate myself right now. but sending good thoughts your way :l :l
              :boxer: Get the hell out of my house, Al, you worthless bastard!!

Comment

feeling so down

Hi buckle
                not much eles to add...just a little love from this end
                Jacqui xxx
                Mwo,s worst speller....

Comment

feeling so down

Buckle.....just adding my support to you right now. Bella xxxx

Comment

feeling so down

thanks everyone

Comment

feeling so down

Am sorry you`re having a tough time of it today, buckle, but whatever happens........never give up. It`s not long now `til you see Lenair..........just.........do the best you can meantime. :l

Much love,

Starlight Impress xxx

Comment

feeling so down

Buckle,

Also sending my love and best wishes for serenity.

I know what you mean about too much on the plate. My plate is a platter and it is overflowing. However, we are strong, tough women. We can handle it or not as we CHOOSE.

Do not let circumstances define your life, let your life define your circumstances.

Love,
                        Cindi
                        AF April 9, 2016

Comment

feeling so down

Hey Buckle~
                          I can relate to the feeling of having too much on my plate- things fall off, and for me, it's the piece of bread smothered in peanut butter (and it lands peanut butter side down, of course!)...

Once of my managers once told me a story about the internal pressures that companies impose to make deadlines, and how the minions in the field stop everything and focus on making the deadlines~ and losing sight of the bigger picture. Remarkably, one time after our team completed one of these projects, he kept it on file but didn't submit it; he wanted to see how long it took before someone said, "Hey, where's their project?". I think it was close to 4 months before anyone noticed, and then he innocently replied that he must have forgotten to hit the "Send" button. We were amazed and ticked off that all of our hard work, and the manhours involved, weren't missed.

What's my point? No, I don't think you should defy your boss, or intentionally defy authority (even though it's fun :H).... but within our lives, and within things that ARE within our control, we can try to manage them better, right?

Maybe if you wrote a list of everything that has to be done between now and Feb. 7th, you won't feel so down. Sometimes, when you see how much crap you MUST get done, you'll re-schedule the things that can WAIT. And sometimes, when people ask us to do "one more thing", if everything is written down, you don't feel as bad to say "sorry, no time, unless you want me to change the deadline on this.... "

If you take a couple of minutes to plan, then it won't feel like everything is falling off your plate today, you know? And with that thought in mind, I'd love to tell you to stop drinking, too. If that thought drives you to drink, how about trying to plan on the schedule how many drinks will fit into your week: 3 today, 2 tomorrow, 3 Friday, 1 Saturday, 2 Sunday, AF Monday, 2 Tuesday....

Hope this helps. :heart:

Patty
                          Tampa, FL

Comment

feeling so down

Patty as ever an amazing post ........

Buckle, I do understand ......... however from past experience I can only tell you that the sooner you give up overindulging in AL then the sooner you will fell better ...... it is truly worth the struggle I promise .........
                            sigpicXXX

Comment

feeling so down

Buckle, I read your post on the thread "a new day" yesterday and it was so upbeat and positive. I know how it is when the blues hit and you feel down but if you go back and read your post from yesterday and try to focus on that feeling. Also, on that thread Jude would post a lot of tunes and these are two that I always find help lift me out of the blues. Maybe they will work for you. Take care.

Cuckoo

[ame= ]YouTube - I'm Coming Out (Unreleased Original CHIC Mix)[/ame]

[ame= ]YouTube - Swing Out Sister - Breakout[/ame]

Comment

Working...
                              X