I don't get the weight thing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I see people here concerned aout the alcohol weight gain. I'm sort of small. I'm loosing weight. I did have a physical in Dec. so I don't think anything is wrong. I don't take the topo. Anybody else have this happening?
    sigpic
    Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

what do you eat?

and what do you usually drink?

I used to not eat and drink captain morgan, to lose weight....
    This is no longer a drinking problem...it's a matter of Life or Death!!!

Comment

I missed a special this morning, but it was on girls who are drinking to lose weight. I imagine they are drinking hard liquor with no calories. I am a beer drinker, so when you think that if I am drinking 12 beers a day (and more), that is 1200+ calories a day. And total carbs. Not good for my butt.
      Goal 1: Today
      Goal 2: Tomorrow

Comment

luka, you make me laugh every time. I do vodka. But it's not about weight. I've just been drinking heavily lately and preparing meals is just too much of an effort (no kids). so I don't. Guess that explains the weight thing.
        sigpic

Comment

oh crap, green, you've got me again. booze has made me gain massive amounts of weight. augggh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
          :boxer: Get the hell out of my house, Al, you worthless bastard!!

Comment

crap dexter.....took the first me day in a lot of time (after taking care of mom, dad, grandmom) went clothes shopping. Got into the dressing room with the lights and three way mirrors, and freaked! went directly to Sephora to get some make up. Need to start walking on a scheduled basis to get rid of whatever.........

Love the makeup though......

Comment

Always eat well and drink well.....unfortunately that means the pounds keep adding on and up, but the nutrition goes down and down.

Winefree

Comment

suki, I think dressing rooms are horrid. There is nothing worse for your self esteem than being in that tiny mirrored room in floruescent lighting. What the heck are they thinking? That it will help the sale? And a bathing suit? OMG!!
                sigpic

Comment

Green and Suki, if only they could create dressing rooms that could mimic what I THINK I look like after polishing off a nice bottle of red.......... "I'm too sexy for my..."

And Luka at least there's a rap song, " I LIKE BIG BUTTS!"

(Who sings about my Muffin Top????)

Patty
                  Tampa, FL

Comment

Wow if it were possible for me to lose weight (while maintaining muscle of course) I probably wouldn't have bothered to stop. Drinking = weight gain for me. AF and killer fat burning supps are the way to a 6 pack.

Comment

I, too, fall into the "skinnier when drinking" category; I think that when one stops drinking, one gets hungrier, plain and simple. To fight this, I've really upped my exercise program, added more free weights, and walk everywhere I can. Give your body time to adjust---it takes a few weeks for your metabolism to catch up with your sober habits, probably.
                      Jane Jane

Comment

I always wanted to be one of those skinny drinkers but it didnt' work. I gained a ton of weight as the drinking increased. Hmm if there are 64 calories in an ounce of vodka and I could easily shoot back 16 - 20 ounces a night mixed with whatever I could find, that's a heck of a lot of calories. Plus I'd lose control of the rest of the diet and binge.

I've lost about 9 pounds in two weeks by sticking with this program to stop drinking and by following the South Beach Diet, which I like because I'm getting rid of all those sugar and carb cravings all at once.

I hope to go stand in front of those mirrors and feel proud one day.
                        Member since January 2008
                        AF since August 25, 2008

Comment

Besides the fact that I am killing myself, getting rid of some of the weight and bloat is a major motivation.
                          :boxer: Get the hell out of my house, Al, you worthless bastard!!

Comment

I drank wine and barely ate about six or seven years ago and lost 20 Lbs really fast, but I didn't look healthy. skinny legs and arms bloated belly and face.
                            i tend to be the type that if I have a drink or two I lose my appetite. I haven't gained any weight since cutting down on the wine.
                            You can't turn a pickle into a cucumber

Comment

Not Happy Hour-Happy Life;260353 wrote: Green and Suki, if only they could create dressing rooms that could mimic what I THINK I look like after polishing off a nice bottle of red.......... "I'm too sexy for my..."

And Luka at least there's a rap song, " I LIKE BIG BUTTS!"

(Who sings about my Muffin Top????)
                              You need to add the weight gain to your poem. LOVED THAT POEM!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X