In the mood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In the mood

I am new to the concept of moderating my drinking. I can admit that I am out of control. I am responsible and maintain my duties in a profession, but I know that my health is suffering from what I drink. I look at a 12 pack of beer and think, "Is that going to be enough?" I sit here now drinking and this is the first time I have admitted that I need help. I drink secretively from my fiance and I go to work each day as normal. I just quit smoking 8 days ago and have found a renewed strength in myself and figured if I could quit smoking, I could moderate my drinking. I am hoping to get pregnant in the next 6 months and I want it to be happy, not depressing because I can't have a drink. Also, I want to get rid of the beer gut I have acquired!! My fiance works every night until 12 midnight which makes it easy for me to drink as much as I want, whenever I want. I need suggestions on how to stop the drinking every night and just be content without beer or any other alcohol.

P.S. Not really open to taking any more drugs...already on Chantix to quit smoking.

In the mood

Hello, Knotme. Welcome to MWO. I completely understand your not wanting any more drugs. You may want to take a mulitvitamin and maybe something to curb cravings like - L-glutamine or Kudzu. They are herbs available over the counter.

Also, have you considered non-alcohol beer to help you cut back? I drink an NA beer and it has helped tremendously. It also helps to keep cravings to a minimum. Won't hurt to try. It has kept me af for 28 days now.

Read and post often. It helps so much. Good luck. I wish you a lot of success.

Love, Me
    :l
    Alcohol is simply the device between success and failure.

Comment

In the mood

hi there knotme...good job on quiting the smoking.if you feel you have a problem with alcohol amd you want to get pregnant. maybe its time to ask yourself which one you really want... just take it one day at a time.....good luck ..and hey best wishes on getting pregnant
      :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
      best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

In the mood

Thankful;260256 wrote: Hello, Knotme. Welcome to MWO. I completely understand your not wanting any more drugs. You may want to take a mulitvitamin and maybe something to curb cravings like - L-glutamine or Kudzu. They are herbs available over the counter.

Also, have you considered non-alcohol beer to help you cut back? I drink an NA beer and it has helped tremendously. It also helps to keep cravings to a minimum. Won't hurt to try. It has kept me af for 28 days now.

Read and post often. It helps so much. Good luck. I wish you a lot of success.

Love, Me
        :l
        Thank you so much...I am definetely going out tomorrow to get NA beer. I have never been a big vitamin taker but I will consider. I am willing to do anything right about now...I thought smoking was my worst habit, but now that that's gone, I realized a worse habit. I am committed to getting myself healthy. Thank you for any assistance.

Comment

Working...
        X