Newbies in need ODAT - Thursday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Look.....I've been waiting ages now ..... I've posted somewhere else, checked my emails, washed, breakfasted, walked dogs, fed chickens etc.... and still nobody has started the thread I need every day so it's down to me again. Guess you took another of those sleeping tablets Finally RN!?? So if we're now keeping a tally, that's Bessie 1, FRN nil!! :H :H :H :H

On a serious note, hope everyone who needs this daily thread has a good day. I struggled through last night, eating all sorts of rubbish to keep my ming/mouth/hands busy and then reading a book right to the end when I really needed to get some sleep. Better finish a book than a bottle though.

Love to everyone to follow.

Bessie xx

...... errr...... that's 'mind' busy, not ming ...... eeekkk..... what a spelling mistake to make!!. Another e and I really would have been embarrassed!!!!

B x

Comment

:H Bessie Priceless - Spelling is not my strong point either!!

Everyone have a good day and weekend. Will catch up next week

:l Sweetpea
      :flower: Keep strong and focused things do get better and you will find your happy :h

Comment

Struggled last night, too, Bessie. But was a vacation day, with not much structure. I could also blame it on the recent full moon. But still AF. Although found Al crawling through the cracked bedroom window, lurking around washer and dryer, and he even jumped out of the freezer where I used to keep the vodka.

Regardless, hope that everyone who visits here today has a fabulous day!

Comment

Hi everyone

Great to see everyone giving old Al a hard time. I too chose book over bottle last night. Hubby was away so I went to bed early with a Martina Cole book. Did not get to finish it but it kept Al firmly in the dining room. Had some drinking thoughts before I went to bed, hence the decision for an early night. Have a meeting at my daughters school tonight so thats tonight taken care of. One day at a time WE WILL GET THERE.

Well done Suki, you are on a run, keep going. You too Sweetpea and everyone else to come.

Rustop

Comment

Hello, I was challenged on Tuesday drank a glass of wine almost as I got through the door also ate alot of crap had two more glasses then a stomachache that kept me up all night. I have to keep telling myself wine won't help the stress breathe, drink tension tamer... It is the work home transition that kills me. af yesterday.

Good luck all. suki love the new avatar .
            Also lamao about the pink damask chair, that could have been me picking it up. One morning on the way to work I saw a nice oriental rug out for the taking. I threw it in the car. Well minutes later it stunk to high h***. Me being the yankee I am still thought I could bring it home and clean it, pulled over and tied it to my roof, well on the way home it blew off on the highway....:H
            rudemama

Comment

dang, that's funny mama
              sigpic
              Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Once I took a nice hot bubble bath and found that one of the dogs had the runs all over the rug. I think well, clean it or toss it. Rolled that sucker up and dragged it to the curb in my prissy nightgown. Next day, neighbor is throwing ball for our 3 dogs and these 2 guys pull up to the curb to check out the rug. But the 3 dogs come running around the corner of the house and and they get scared (the guys) and say "hurry, it's a german shefferd" (hahaha - I guess the goldens didn't scare them) and toss the rug into the station wagon. Neighbor thinks this is real funny when telling me but almost fell down when I told him the condition of the rug. I wonder where that rug ended up.
                sigpic
                Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Morning all
                  Love the humor that seems to be a daily occurance on this thread.....A great way to start the day!....Almost the weekend, need to keep that big stick handy just in case AL is lurking!!...Can't believe this month is nearing and end, and for those who are participating in the "end of January run", only 8 days to go!!!....Everyone have a good day.

BTW...RN...still awaiting the debut of that Avatar!!!...Mama..where's yours??
                  sobriety date 11-04-07

Comment

Good morning all, glad to see the successes in beating AL last night, I had a good night myself! I did get a chuckle out of the poopy rug story. My husband put a broken desk out one time and a guy stopped to take it, while hubby was outside. The guy tested the drawers and upon finding one broken yelled at my husband "This is a piece of crap - the drawer doesn't work!" and then he got back in his truck and slammed the door.

Have a great day everyone!
                    Be of good cheer. Do not think of today's failures, but of the success that may come tomorrow. You have set yourselves a difficult task, but you will succeed if you persevere; and you will find joy in overcoming obstacles (Helen Keller)

Comment

Good Morning Everyone !

Bessie, I never even noticed the "spelling error". I read through your post as if you had typed "mind" as I knew actually what you were saying. Great idea finishing up a book. It is so nice to be able to read and remember what you read at night being AF.

Suki, good for you for keepin AL at bay on your vacation day. AL always seems to come on vacation with me, even when I just take the day off from work. I have to stop inviting him.

Rustop, you are doing awesome. Keep it up.

Rudemama, that is so funny about the rug you put on the roof of your car and blew off. I can just see it now :H But I really think you are better off without it. You never know where that rug has been :eeks:

Greeneyes, someone got a nice surprise when they took your rug :H

I agree with Charlee, we want to see avatar pictures for RN and RM

Deena, some people are just plain "wacked". Yelling at your husband for a desk he is throwing out because it is broken. That's a classic.

Make it a great AF day !
                      Miss October :blinkylove:

Comment

Hi Everyone: I thank God that yesterday I didn't drink & today I won't be having anything at all to drink. I don't have to think about tomorrow. I only have to think about not drinking today. As you might know, I recently broke a very long (for me) AF run (over 100 AF days). There was no reason except that I let my guard down & drank. I think I was feeling complacent about sobriety. Amazingly, in just a few days, I was right back to my old crazy self...hiding the drinking & trying to act normal, replacing the booze, disposing of the bottles. As I was doing it, I was saying: "This is insane behavior!" However, once I start, it's a merry-go-round that I can't get off. Enough is enough! When I feel tempted, I'll remember the agony that goes along w/drinking for me. The lifting of the stress that having a drink provides is very temporary in comparison to the long-term effects of over-drinking, even for one or two days. I know I'm going on & on, but I need to process all this in order to make some sense of it.

I hope you all have a wonderful day. I'll check in later. Love, Mary
                        Wisdom, Courage, Strength
                        October 3, 2012

Comment

Hi! Great to hear everyone beating the booze beast!! Well I too managed to get through yesterday - must be the first day since end of November that I haven't had a drink. Thoughts were there but I kept myself busy and even shocked myself this morning by getting up earlier than normal and going to the local pool for a swim at 7am. (This has been my intention for weeks now but every morning the thought is in my head but thats as far as it goes - I just can't get out of bed in time and have had no enthusiasm whatsoever for putting so much as my big toe in the water!! Its obvious its all because of the drink the day/night before, I'm too shattered and can't be bothered.) Today I've felt so much better in my "head" what with the swim, proper breakfast and no alcohol.

My husband's home late tomorrow night so he probs won't have a drink until late afternoon Saturday. That is going to be tricky. I know I said I haven't got a "plan" and I really haven't. I made plans before and the mountain just seemed to high to climb. This time I really am taking this one day at a time. Yesterday I was alcohol free, one day better than I have been doing lately. Today I do not intend to drink either.

Thanks everyone for inspiring me.

Janicexxx
                          AF since 9 May 2012
                          Quit trying to control something that is uncontrollable (Bear February 08)

Comment

Janice,

Thank YOU for inspiring me. I needed this!!

Love,
                            Cindi
                            AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Mary,

I wish I had the sense to hide and try to act normal.

I am way beyond that.

Hubby asked me this morning if there was any wine in the house. I had to honestly state, "I have NO idea."

He was looking all around for the bottles and I could not help him. I would have if I could have, I simply do not remember if there is any here and where I would have put it. Not really hiding it but keeping it safe from he who would pour it down the sink. Geez...

I still don't know if I have any hidden bottles anywhere.

This really hurts.

Love,
                              Cindi
                              AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Working...
                              X