Thurs. - Jan. 24 - Daily Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

30 Dayers: I just read through yesterday's daily thread. There was so much honesty, love, & support. I didn't drink yesterday, & today I will not drink. That's all I have to look at.
    -I don't have to look down the road into the future.
    -I don't have to scold myself for "messing up" a long AF run.
    -I don't have to count days.
    There aren't any rules. All I have to do is stay sober today. Tomorrow will take care of itself. I've set up the day so that I won't be drinking. Activities w/the g-kids. Dinner w/the family.

I spent a lot of time on MWO yesterday. I needed to in order to get back on track. I'll check in later. In the meantime, again thanks to everyone for all the support. If you are new & reading this, please feel free to share. If you are not-so-new but are having trouble, also feel free to share. You don't have to have 30 days of sobriety to share here. This is a goal-setting kind of thread. Love, Mary
    Wisdom, Courage, Strength
    October 3, 2012

Mary,

I need to get back on track, too. Big time. I have actually been on a two-day bender and have never done anything like this before. In some ways I am worse than I was before rehab!!!

My hubby's face is filled with sadness and worry. and I am the cause!!! I hate that.

I look in the mirror and see someone I really do not like. I hate that.

I call out for help when I have been drinking rather than calling out for help BEFORE I drink. I hate that.

That is me. I hate that.

So, today I will not drink. One simple day at a time. Please God, help me to find my way...

Love,
    Cindi
    AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Cindi: It's amazing that in spite of our best intentions, we can go on those multi-day binges. Do whatever is necessary to break the binge, & whatever you do don't stop coming to MWO! Commandeer the computer if you have to! I was on the computer most of the day yesterday. My thoughts are w/you, but please know that I'm in the same boat. I too am finding it very difficult. You can do this. Just for today, we will not drink. We don't have to think about tomorrow. We don't have to establish a "sobriety date." We only have to think about not drinking today. That's it! Eat chocolate, come to MWO, drink coffee, do whatever works for you. Enough is enough! Mary
      October 3, 2012

Comment

Mary & Cindi, I'm following you around this site today!!! I am definitely approaching this differently this time round. Each day without alcohol my body has chance to recover and my mind is in a better place. Yesterday, just one day, made so much difference to how I have been feeling physically and emotionally - certainly since Christmas. One day!!

So, I'm not making any longterm plans this time - I just know today I won't drink.

Janicexxx
        AF since 9 May 2012
        Quit trying to control something that is uncontrollable (Bear February 08)

Comment

I wish we could all be together and have a fun-filled AF day together. I'm with you all in spirit.

Mary, good for you for staying sober yesterday and for having a good plan today.

Cindi, you words are so poignant--"My hubby's face is filled with sadness and worry. and I am the cause!!! I hate that." That really moves me, honey.

Janice, I'm glad you can feel the difference in one day. It certainly can motivate you! Keep up the good work.

Anyway, I have to run and get some work done, but I just wanted to say hi.

As Anne of Green Gables would say, "Today is a whole new day, with no mistakes in it."

Love,:heart:

Kathy
          AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Hi everyone

Looks like a lot of us "old timers" are in the same place. I have to say I am finding the "taking it one day at a time" approach helpful. I do have a 30 Day goal at the moment and then a lental one. However I dont focus on them the way I used to. All those AF days are stacking up and that's the main thing.

Rustop

Comment

Hi mary, cindi and janice, and anyone else.

Day1 Af for me. Its funny when i'm on a high i feel ok.... its when i feel low the problem starts...... I know what to do but i'm just lazy...... need to do some exercise would make me feel a lot better inside. just hate the british weather at the moment.

Wishing you all the best for tonight.

Love
              Teardrop.x
              family is everything to me

Comment

hi youngatheart and rustop, just shows u how slow i'm at typing.
                family is everything to me

Comment

Happy Thursday ABland!

Cindi hang in there dear...you've done this before. magnesium, calcium, Bvitamins, oil of evening primrose, all of those help when you are detoxing at home. and Vit C too...since you are fighting off so many byproducts of metabolizing that poison out of yourself. you KNOW you can do it! PM if you need ok?

Nice frozen day here in the high desert. Had a quiet AF night last night and watched a sports event on tv that in days past I ALWAYS got plastered for. Funny thing is the thought of drinking never crossed my mind once. wow. May be hope for this thick headed guy.

be well everyone!
                  nosce te ipsum
                  (Know Thyself)

Comment

I like this thread, I think I would like to start posting here, have been reading it for a long time.
                    Day 42 AF for me.................
                    AF since 7/5/2009

Comment

Day 2 AF for me! I'm pretty happy though, in that my hubby called last nite and said he was going to get his beer did I want him to buy mine!!! And I said no siree!:goodjob: Later I told him I wish he would go AF with me again and he said he wouldn't drink tomorrow. Well he's working tonite late, so we will see. Took my campral this morning like a good AFer! Hope everyone has a better day today. :l

Comment

Everyone is welcome to post at this thread. It's a good one for anyone who wants to stay sober for any personal amount of time. Hang in there to anyone who's having a difficult time. I'm doing well in the middle of the day. Mary
                        October 3, 2012

Comment

Hi everyone, just a quick hi.

Kath always good to see you and it makes me smile.

Cindi, you can get it back hon, you know you can. Just get yourself going again - a few days under your belt and back for anther 30. There is several on the same schedule here you can all go together.

D, good to see you hangin and Loved1 happy 42 days for ya.

hugs....
                          Gabby :flower:

Comment

afternoon everyone...

just checking in.....4 days AF.....but 23 for the month.....:clapclap:

i do have the confidence to finish off the rest of the month....

good to see some people posting here....i know that i should post every day rather than just reading others'....when i do it really makes me think about what i'm doing and where i'm going...

late..
                            -maybe, is the new maybe-

Comment

Hello all -

I hope everyone has success in getting back on the AF wagon. For me, so far so good.

Thanks to all for keeping this thread going - it is a very helpful reminder of the importance of keeping focus and avoiding complacency.

Comment

Working...
                              X