If I dont laugh I will cry !!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi all , just wanted to share this story with you of what happened to mean hour ago.

Went to the health food shop looking to buy some kudzu, looked aroung for a while but could not find it, SO a very helpful assistant asked if she could help I was tempted to just leave the store, but as i am determined to say af knew i would have to ask for what i wanted so with heart beating I said " my mother in law has seen something in a magazine called kudzu and has asked me to get it for her "
    "oh its here said the assistant it is used to stop the craving for alchol" at this point i wanted the earth to open up. But many years of thinking on my feet to cover up my drinking paid off. I repied " i know she is trying to loose weight but finding it difficult not to drink and you know what a waste of calories alchol is so ahe tought these might help her" what a good idea the assistant says . Now me never one to tell half a tale adds "I don't suspose you have anything that will take away her craving for cream cakes do you ?".
    And I then exit the shop with my purchase for my imagionary mother in law laughing . But I can tell you i was crying inside i felt so humiliated and ashamed having to go in there and go through that.

Thanks for reading this its made me feel so much better sharing it and has stopped me doing what i would usually do if i fel upset . yup have a glass of wine . have a great night all Daisy x x

I would have felt the same way Daisy, mortified I had to ask for it. You did a great job with the MIL story, LOL.
    Marcie

Comment

Very quick thinking Daisy :H :goodjob:

Comment

Awwww Dasiy, you are WAYYYYY too sensitive and paranoid. You said all the right stuff (I love that imaginary mother-in-law! I wish my MIL was "imaginary!") and I hope you exited that shop with your head held high and your tail-feathers a-wavin'!
        Jane Jane

Comment

(((Daisy-Doo)))

What a dumb gal! When I went in to ask about Kudzu the clerk looked it up and led me to it. She said nothing, smiled. I said nothing, smiled, there were other people in there.

Mind you, I wouldn't have been embarrassed, I'm the gal my friends take when they want to shop for vibrators because they are scared to go alone. :H

But still, that woman should have known better! Fast thinking on your feet and your imaginary m-i-l :goodjob:

Comment

Kudzu is also supposed to help with migraines, too...
            AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Hi Daisy!

Good for you for getting your Kudzu! I've shopped for "others" in the health foodstore too . And I'm a really good actor - when I'm describing what "my friend" needs, I always do so with a very sincere look of concern on my face .

All in all, embarassment from trips to the liquor store is far worse! Well done!!!

wonder

Comment

gosh you guys are quick at replying thanks for all the support it really makes a difference. Going to buy the stuff off the internet next tme I probably am over sensitive but ya quite proud of my extremely active imagination lol x

Comment

and forgot to mention what made the whole situation easier was that i knew i could come on here and share what had happened not got anybody in my real life i could share that with .sohanks all and the quick replies were greta tank you so much all DD x x

Comment

Daisy-doo, I live in a small town and am thankful I have my business under my madien name and my personal under my married name. I always go through the drive thru pharmacy to pick up my Paxil and Campral under my married name and hoping no one reconizes me. Felt the the same when I had to sign for the Naltrexone like the mailman knew. Hold your head high and we'll keep getting stronger. Anyone who thinks they are better probably have their own skeletons.

Comment

Oh one more thing, Hart, about the vibrators. I once went in to one of those stores to browse and shop. Just as had my items in hand the girl goes don't you work _________? So I did the old "is this stuff good for a bachelorette party?"

Comment

whow sounds like a good paln Kat unfortunately in behind the times England there are no drive thru pharmacies, we don't even have a Mcdonald or Burger King in my town !!!! lol but thanks for the brill advice DD x

Comment

Hi DD,
                          I'm in UK too and exactly the same thing happened to me when I bought Kudzu only I said it was for my Dad, so i laughed my ass off when i read your post, Haha. However the Kudzu from health shops is rubbish. If you subscribe to MWO you will get some Kudzu that is good thru the post but you have to e-mail Roberta Jewell and you can download her book. I'm thinking of buying some Accomplia b'coz it also helps to lose weight (I've put loads on with the incessant wine drinking) but it costs $118 which I think is about 60 quid. So i'm saving hard!! Has anyone tried Accomplia, does it help cravings? How much have you been drinking DD? There is no macky d or burger king in my town either DD, how deprived are we?!haha..............

Vix xx

Comment

Daisy doo & Vixta, Count yourself lucky on no micky D's or Burger Barf drive thrus. That usually where we would go in my younger days after a night of drinking. Nothing like adding a few thousand calories more to the liquid ones we already had. Definetly catches up with you.

Comment

Reminds me of when I went to buy a book, that I had to ask for cuz I couldn't find it... The assistant shouts out, pointing across the shop floor "oh, it's over there..under A for ALCOHOLISM". well, I could have died on the spot. Stupid, stupid absence of tact. The things we have to do eh
                              Sometimes the only way to stay sane is to go a little crazy

Comment

Working...
                              X