Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi

Hi
    I'd just like to introduce myself as a new person to these mesage boards. I'm trying to not drink right now and have just got through my first week, feeling a bit better, this second week. My partner is still drinking ++, so Im trying to back off from that and deal with my own drinking at the same time. Going to AA and Alanon, and finding a lot of support, but its hard and it feels like altogether new territory after the habit of drinking for all these years. Trying not to think too far ahead and just getting through each day as it comes. Any support from these message boards would help. Good luck and be strong to anyone out there on a similar journey.:new:

Hi

Geordiegirl,

:welcome:

Good on you for being on your second week. I take it you are through all the yucky withdrawals.

We are glad you are here.

Thank you, too, for wishing us strength. I sure need some for the next few days.

Hope to see you around.

Cindi
    AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Hi

Thanks cindi,

Comment

Hi

Hi Geordiegirl and welcome to MWO - with a name like that can I assume you're from Newcastle??? I'm from the north-east too originally.

I've been here since May last year, you'll get all the support you need from these boards but try and read the book too (you can download it) and get yourself on the vitamins/supps - they really do help, especially L-glutamine & kudzu (I get from Holland & Barrett). They are good at stopping the cravings especially in the early days.

Good luck!
        AF since 9 May 2012
        Quit trying to control something that is uncontrollable (Bear February 08)

Comment

Hi

Welcome Geordie Girl,
          You will find plenty of inspiration on this site. It does help.
          Good luck
          xxx

Comment

Hi

Welcome Geordiegirl

I know how difficult it can be when you are trying to be AF and your other half continues to drink. But you hit the nail on the head by saying that you need to deal with your own drinking first.

Well done on your first week.

Keep posting and reading.

Mandy x

Comment

Hi

Welcome! This site is awesome!

Comment

Hi

Welcom Geo! Keep up with your meetings and continue posting and reading on this site. Surround yourself with people who understand this disease. Congratultions on 2 weeks AF. You are courageous and are doing a great job. It's good to read you are relying on all angles for support.
                September 23, 2011

Comment

Hi

nice to type hello to you. good job making it through 2 weeks.

Comment

Hi

Geordiegirl, hi and welcome...... Congrats on your week and well done, it's not easy when your partner continues to drink..... Keep it up.... and....

Good luck!!!
                    TIGGER1 :l

Formerly Mr Boop

Comment

Hi

Hi and Welcome!!!!
                      Goal 1: Today
                      Goal 2: Tomorrow

Comment

Hi

Thanks

:thanks: Thanks for all the welcome messages and encouragement. Feeling stronger as each day goes by. Feeling supported by knowing other people are in the same position now or have been in the past, and knowing that you are out there helps people like me to cope. Your stories and posts are inspirational. Thanks again

Quote: 'We are all of us in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars'
                        Oscar Wilde

Comment

Working...
                        X