Fri. - Jan. 25 - Daily Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's the wee hours & since I can't sleep, I thought I'd open this thread. Yesterday, I did not drink. Tomorrow I won't drink. I know for a fact that w/the very first drink, I would be well on my way into the spiral down into alcoholic drinking...black-outs, hangovers, & the death of my sense of self-worth. It would take only about a week or so to hop right back into it all. That's why I absolutely must have the unshakeable conviction that drinking is not an option for me...ever. If this most recent relapse taught me anything, it taught me how quickly I could get into the whole insane cycle all over again. No more denial. No more romanticizing. No more delusions. I have to do whatever it takes to stay sober.
    -clear up any & all conflicts before they start preying on my mind.
    -turn my thoughts away from drinking ASAP.
    -avoid any & all situations that could be tempting.

Tomorrow I have a busy day planned & Sat. we're having the grandsons stay overnight. That should cover the next couple of days. I think eventually I'll be able to relax a little, but for now, I'm filling my time up.

Stay well everyone. Don't stay away from MWO. That's as much as admitting defeat.

Love, Mary

PS: Cindi, stop in & say hello. I'd love to hear from you. Are you OK?
    Wisdom, Courage, Strength
    October 3, 2012

good morning everyone.......

on my way to the gym this morning.....since cutting down on the beer, I have lost 13 lbs in the last 4 months. Didn't know that i had that much to lose. i want to regain 3-5 lbs of muscle.....

Hope everyone else is planning / having a complete day....
    -maybe, is the new maybe-

Comment

Mary,

Hello!!!

I am doing well and really mulling over the reasons my beast brain actually overtakes my sane brain.

I am working on meditating that alcohol is a poison, it is my enemy and not my friend, booze is disgusting. In a weird way, it seems to help.

Today I absolutely will not drink.

Love,
      Cindi
      AF April 9, 2016

Comment

retteacher;260943 wrote: Yesterday, I did not drink. Tomorrow I won't drink. I know for a fact that w/the very first drink, I would be well on my way into the spiral down into alcoholic drinking...black-outs, hangovers, & the death of my sense of self-worth. It would take only about a week or so to hop right back into it all. That's why I absolutely must have the unshakeable conviction that drinking is not an option for me...ever. If this most recent relapse taught me anything, it taught me how quickly I could get into the whole insane cycle all over again. No more denial. No more romanticizing. No more delusions. I have to do whatever it takes to stay sober.

Thank you, Mary...

I will put this in my wallet. 19 days today. I will not drink today, I did not drink yesterday, and I will not drink tomorrow. I am happy, proud and content. Yesterday EVERY one of my clients came in and immediately said, OMG, you look great - have you lost weight (I have, 8lbs)! YEAH! I'm comin' back to life - LIFE, LIFE!!!!!!!!

MM
        Face your deficiencies and acknowledge them, but do not let them master you. Let them teach you patience, sweetness, insight.

Comment

MM: You make me very happy. I love you. M
          October 3, 2012

Comment

Good Morning !

Mary, I have not yet had a chance to say that I am so sorry that you are feeling so bad about what happened last week. Over 100 AF days is so much to be proud of. I was planning on going the entire month of January AF, and I really thought I was going to do it. But after 16 AF days (and a lifetime of drinking) I had to have that wine. And when I opened it, I new it was not going to be "pretty". So I drank Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and then again on Monday since I had the day off. I was so pissed off at my self I wanted to scream. I finally got over it, and now I am just continuing where I left off. I guess it is just part of the journey. And that's exactly what you need to do....continue where you left off. Your first day of sobriety was over 100 days ago, not Jan 21, '08 (can't remember exactly what date it was when you said that). Just continue where you left off. We are here for you.

Treeman, good job cutting down on those beers and losing that weight. Feels good even though you did not think you needed it, but I guess someone thought you did :H Enjoy packing on that muscle with awesome weight workouts, get lots of cardio exercise, eat lots of protein, cut down on carbs & fats, eat your veggies, and eliminate alcohol.....and make sure you finish eating at least 2 hours before bed.....hmmm.....I could be a personal trainer....I just don't have the education

Cindi, I hope you are feeling better. I always enjoy reading your posts because I get so much out of them. I still keep in mind the one thing you brought back from rehab (correct me if I'm wrong) We have control over our alcoholism, but no control over our drinking. It has helped me in my power struggle with my mind. So thank you.
            Miss October :blinkylove:

Comment

MM,

Did not see your post. VERY NICE !! Keep up the great work. Your feeling good and looking good !! Oh Yeah baby :goodjob:
              Miss October :blinkylove:

Comment

I'm getting over my upset at myself. I'm just going to get back on track wo/looking back. My new sobriety date is 1/23/08. Today: no drinking.M
                October 3, 2012

Comment

YES!!! You Guys keep on going!
                  Gabby :flower:

Comment

Hey all, you all sound positive. I am AF Day 3. Joe drank the rest of his beer yesterday, and that was 5. Since he usually finishes off a 12 pack a nite (as do I) that's pretty significant, both last 2 days.

I don't know if he will be AF tonite. I sure hope so because Friday is a big trigger nite for me and it would be great if he didn't. Everyone have a great weekend. Oh yeah, and I lost 5 lbs!

Comment

Happy late check in everyone! had a big yet positive day.
                      happened to walk right by a nice wine bar today that I'd never seen before. just kept walking.
                      Miss October you're hired! we need a personal trainer here...how cool
                      Mary, loved the post. and come and chat soon ok? that was great of you to pop in last night.
                      be well friends
                      nosce te ipsum
                      (Know Thyself)

Comment

I like being in AF. Learning a lot just reading the threads and feel I'm getting there and can relate. :thanks:
                        A BushBaby with Attitude

Comment

Working...
                        X