hi there...i have a question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

have you noticed any change in the amount of money. you have been saving from the time you stop drinking and now??.....because i havent. i have just notice all the cans of pepis.bottles.. i need two more recycle bins
    :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
    best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

That is an interesting question. A very excellent question. Makes me think of a potential goal. "Everytime I feel like stopping at the liquor store and buying a bottle I will put 10 bucks in a jar." Then if I ever do make it to 30 days alcohol free - hahahahaha - I will treat myself to a day at the spa or something like that.

Comment

Yep $'s adding up

Yep have noticed big time how much money is being saved, but more than $?s I just feel so much better about my life and my self.
      Cheers
      Victory

Comment

I've never been much from soda, unless it's flavored with Captain Morgan.... with a twist of lime, please.... even though the AF beer costs about the same, I can only have about 2 at night (versus 4 or 5) and then I'm full- so yes, I'm saving mula.

Patty
        Tampa, FL

Comment

Hey, i know what you mean, I'm now buying all these little plastic bottles, expensive smoothies, Tonic, Diet Coke, Lemonade and my recycling bag is looking pretty full, I'm also eating a lot of sweet things, chocolate and biscuits, but it's not a big deal. I remember getting through stopping smoking by eating a lot of mints and kids sweets, but it was a short term thing, sort of a comfort thing really. Maybe I'll stop needing this stuff so much as time goes on. I don't think I'm saving much money, but then again, when I think of how much I used to spend on a night out, and how rough I'd feel the next morning, it seems like I'm saving a lot more than money.........

Comment

I don't notice it - when I was drinking I stayed at home (so I could drink) but now I have a life I'm out all the time and eating with friends in nice cafes and going to the movies etc... not to mention the motorbike and the long weekends away - all things I didn't do before!

so, no money saved, but I have bought myself a life!
            It always seems impossible until it's done....

Comment

Working...
            X