Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Success... not tonight...But I'm ok, right?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey everyone!
    I wish I could report AF tonight, but unfortunately it was just too easy to pick up a bottle. However, based on Croft's wonderful list earlier, I will on one hand admit defeat. On the other hand i will be proud I logged on for support. So tonight I am making in my mind a huge mistake, but on the other hand, I have made a NEW step towards recovery that I haven't done before. Small steps towards the big picture. oops.

I made it through 3 days, AF. Maybe I will only have 1 night with my friend-emy ...AL.
    sigpic

hi there...down2earth we have all been there .and yes you are back that is a huge step so hey tomorrow is another day. just try it again. just take it one day at a time that all we can do.. good luck ... and i hope you feel good in the morning
    :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
    best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

Hi Earth...

Croft's post was awesome!!!! Also, made me think. We are reaching out, we are not giving up. You reaching out, is also just fabulous. That means, we know we can do this. It is just one day at a time.....

3 days AF is an accomplishment...before (like me, i suppose for you), it was not even a goal. So we are setting goal, and reaching them...and that feels damn good.

We will slip, I have too....but that is simply the gateway of success!!!!! Cheers to you for writing this thread.

Croft....I appreciate you and your energy, and your determination. It has been fun watching your progress. And inspirational....
      This is no longer a drinking problem...it's a matter of Life or Death!!!

Comment

tlrgs, thanks. I won't feel "good" in the morning, but at least I have your thoughts with me.
        sigpic

Comment

Looking for Hope....Thank you. I need the MYO company. I am drinking, and feel so crappy.
          sigpic

Comment

Tomorrows another day. dont give up on yourself, its just a slip, pick yourself up, dust yourself down and start again asap
            Geordiegirl

Comment

Good morning Down2Earth:h.... I'm glad you didn't check out.
              Croft's list should be trademarked... and found on the back of every Cheeto's bag! :H

Small steps towards the big picture!

These guys I work with throw this phrase into every meeting: "You can only eat an elephant one bite at a time"..... which is true, right? However, I always want to ask, "Do you prefer your elephant medium, or medium rare?"

Have a happy weekend. Day 1 is always a relief, because it means you didn't sleep with Al 2 or 3 nights in a row.... AL is a GREAT One Nighter!!!!

Patty
              Tampa, FL

Comment

I prefer my elephant extremely well done. Just in case anyone ever needs to know.

WOW - I had no idea my list would be so well-read. It is helping me TONS. So glad it is a resource for more of us.

down2earth - you went AF for 3 days!! I cannot do that yet. Notice the word "yet". But you keep coming back. You keep getting up. And that is all any of us can do somedays. You are trying and that is progress in my list of rules. You are inspiring me for a 3 day goal. Stay tuned.....

Comment

i am beyond grateful for you all... I need friends. anyone up for a chat?
                  sigpic

Comment

Hi down2earth,
                    Well, you managed 3 days AF, so give yourself a pat on the back for that. I recall when I first joined the site.........I would log on and sit drinking my wine, crying as I did so, `cos I could never envisage myself quitting.........only, I have quit and it`s grrrrrrrreat.

Every AF day is progress in the right direction.

Wishing you love and strength.

Starlight Impress x

Comment

Hi down to earth as everyone says 3 days is great..one slip no problem just as long as you always come back...and never give up...
                      Jacqui xxx
                      Mwo,s worst speller....

Comment

Working...
                      X